Looking at the Patriots - 2018

I heard an interesting interview on EEI last week. A possibility that Schiano comes on as Assistant HC/LB coach, Flores is the DC.

The same interview said it was possible they get Chip Kelly for OC, so,.....grain of salt. :shrug_n:
when Bill got shitcanned in Cleveland he was hired as Asst HC in NE because Groh was established as the DC.

I could see this happening with Flores getting the title but having a mentor in Schiano.

Watching Al Groh on Not Done Network this morning. He has sons that work for both the Patriots and the Eagles. He last coached in 2012, and is definitely a Parcells/Belichick type. Belichick has worked closely with him.

What about Al as a dark horse DC for 2018?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Watching Al Groh on Not Done Network this morning. He has sons that work for both the Patriots and the Eagles. He last coached in 2012, and is definitely a Parcells/Belichick type. Belichick has worked closely with him.

What about Al as a dark horse DC for 2018?

IDK if he'd want to do it...he's 73 years old and hasn't coached in the NFL since 2000.

IDK if he'd want to do it...he's 73 years old and hasn't coached in the NFL since 2000.
Good point about his age. I had not looked it up because he did not seem that old.

Brady had a pretty good postseason :coffee:

DVSA9f_VoAAOXBb.jpg

Ya, despite how bad he was for a few weeks at the end of the regular season, he was TFB in the playoffs.

Hope those the floors with the lights on means they're already working on next year.

The Patriots' scouting and personnel departments are doing something very right.

3 years in a row, the Patriots drafted players that are now among the highest-paid at their positions on their 2nd deal
2012: Chandler Jones,
2013: Jamie Collins,
2014: Jimmy Garoppolo

BB had them on cheap rookie contracts.
And people wonder how Belichick does it...
Thought for the day.

The Patriots' scouting and personnel departments are doing something very right.

3 years in a row, the Patriots drafted players that are now among the highest-paid at their positions on their 2nd deal

Thought for the day.

Good stat but at some point you have to pay some of those guys or else you have a front 7 like we saw this year.

Good stat but at some point you have to pay some of those guys or else you have a front 7 like we saw this year.

We feed off of other team's scrap heaps and other teams wait for our stars to get their due $$$.

Thought for the day.

I mean that speaks to BB doing a good job drafting but the fact that none of the players are currently helping the Pats is also relevant. For Jones they got Thuney (has been OK) and Mitchell (missed all year). The pick they got for Collins was eventually sent to NO for Cooks, which was a good trade, but at the same time they wasted their own 3rd trading for Ealy. So really that's a wash because without the Collins trade they could have traded their own 3rd in the Cooks deal and not bothered with Ealy. Return for Jimmy is TBD.

Not sure I can get that excited about guys who played well on their rookie deals but weren't retained. And on that list you had 2 promising defensive players who were traded for picks that ended up being used to acquire offensive players.

This D has a stunning lack of talent up front and that falls on BB, and isn't offset by making a few decent draft picks.

Back