Looking at the Patriots - 2019

A little positive news

PFF@PFF·[URL="https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1211774222495862784"]17h

[/URL]Tom Brady: Best QB of the decade

ENEWOzgWsAcPHhW

Water is wet!

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

Few people knew but O'Shea was responsible for game planning the red zone offense for the Patriots. We missed him terribly this year.

I didn't know this. Not a good look for McDaniels.

Gilmore was playing 10 yrs off of Parker...looks like he was afraid of getting beat deep. The way the dolphins were completing passes it looks like everyone in the secondary was playing the same.

Tannehill> Fitzy

AJ Brown > Parker

:grumpy:

Gilmore is a unanimous pick for the AP All-Pro team (Michael Thomas is the only other unanimous pick).
Slater was named to 1st team as the special teamer
Thuney was named to the 2nd team.

Average separation at throw on all routes for the six Pats WRs that ran at least 100 routes, per Next Gen (NFL rank out of 143):

Edelman - 2.82 (106)
Sanu - 2.77 (112)
Gordon - 2.74 (118)
Meyers - 2.72 (120)
Dorsett - 2.72 (121)
Harry - 2.21 (143)

League avg is 3. (2.997)
This is why I'm keen on Harry playing in the slot --> to have a better chance of getting the 4th CB or a LB to cover him. I'm a bit surprised that Gordon and Dorsett couldn't do better and that JE11 did so well.

Average separation at throw on all routes for the six Pats WRs that ran at least 100 routes, per Next Gen (NFL rank out of 143):

Edelman - 2.82 (106)
Sanu - 2.77 (112)
Gordon - 2.74 (118)
Meyers - 2.72 (120)
Dorsett - 2.72 (121)
Harry - 2.21 (143)

League avg is 3. (2.997)
This is why I'm keen on Harry playing in the slot --> to have a better chance of getting the 4th CB or a LB to cover him. I'm a bit surprised that Gordon and Dorsett couldn't do better and that JE11 did so well.
It might be me, but I think playing Dorsett on the outside the vast majority of the time is idiotic. Him and Jules should have been "dual slots" way more often. Take advantage of Phil-Do's speed with quick hitters from the slot. Never really happened.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Edelman - 2.82 (106)
Sanu - 2.77 (112)
Gordon - 2.74 (118)
Meyers - 2.72 (120)
Dorsett - 2.72 (121)
Harry - 2.21 (143)

League avg is 3. (2.997)

There has to be more to getting open than Speed. I mean our entire receiving corp is ranked in the 100's in separation. Thats unreal. I'm not sure Edelman did well, he was 106th out of 143.

There has to be more to getting open than Speed. I mean our entire receiving corp is ranked in the 100's in separation. Thats unreal. I'm not sure Edelman did well, he was 106th out of 143.

LOS release and route running technique are the primary factors for separation except on go routes unless double teamed, for them you speed, double moves or extreme quickness.

Lol someone has to play outside fellas.

Such high hopes for dorrset. After this season though I think he is what he is.

Gilmore is a unanimous pick for the AP All-Pro team (Michael Thomas is the only other unanimous pick).
Slater was named to 1st team as the special teamer
Thuney was named to the 2nd team.

And walking in prestigious territory, 3rd CB ever, Deion Sanders and Charles Woodson his new peers.
Cheers

I'm shocked he got it, but I'm happy for him despite the one bad game at the worst possible time.

He was the best this year, IMO. Its hard to place a ton of blame on one defensive player because its just so much about positioning and playcalls, but one game was not enough to say he should not win that. I mean if you want to put it in these terms he was the best player on the best defense.

Back