Looking at the Patriots - 2019

The Pats get the Falcons' 2020 7th round pick bc S Jordan Richards met the conditions of the trade for # of games active. Better than nothing.

Chung is fantastic, a huge player in that lockerroom and Bill can't speak highly enough about him.

In an effort to stay healthier and get faster, Hightower has been TB12'ed.

He's lost 15 lbs and, yes, he's become more pliable and faster.

Love the new kid

D4JJ_SNWkAA39i0.jpg

Draft Tre Lamar.

Just in case pliable run stuffers don’t work out well.

We certainly could get Lamar without a huge investment, but I don't think we will with Bentley returning. He would seem to be a top candidate for run-stuffing LB and I don't know how many of those guys you can afford to keep on a roster. One, I would guess.

We certainly could get Lamar without a huge investment, but I don't think we will with Bentley returning. He would seem to be a top candidate for run-stuffing LB and I don't know how many of those guys you can afford to keep on a roster. One, I would guess.
Maybe the team will look to draft an upgrade over Elandon Roberts who's likely your 4th linebacker on the team right now. Not sure Tre Lamar would be one though. He has good size for the position, but didn't test well at Clemson's pro day and is described as a limited athlete in space in scouting reports.

Lamar's numbers from Clemson's pro day according to NFLDraftScout:

Height: 6037
Weight: 253
40 Yrd Dash: 5.01
20 Yrd Dash: 2.90
10 Yrd Dash: 1.73
Vertical Jump: 34 1/2
Broad Jump: 10'01''
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.54
3-Cone Drill: 7.46

Didn't bench at Clemson's pro day or at the combine

If we land Lawrence I think it may be indicative of a return to more 3 man fronts. An extra run stuffer like Lamar could be beneficial. And itd allow a leaner quicker HT as more of an outside/edge threat.

I'm not so sure Hogan makes their 53. It's a 1 year deal; I wanna see the contract details. Hopefully he got paid.

edit: Nice tribute to Hogan and it includes that 1 handed catch vs KC in the AFCCG.
https://twitter.com/ftbeard_17/status/1116795040628494336

Here's Hogan's contract details.

1-year deal worth $1.45m, with only $300k guaranteed (his signing bonus). $825k salary, $25k workout bonus and $300k in per-game bonuses. If he doesn't make their team --> only $300K dead cap.

That's all it would have taken to keep him here. Shows what BB thought of him.

Hopefully Hogan makes the Panthers' roster. That would net the Patriots one more compensatory picks. A 6th rounder in 2020 for the loss of Patterson.

If the coaching staff was so down on him, how did he make it on the field for so many snaps. He never got the ball, but it sure seemed like he made it out there a lot. Was it just a lack of bodies?

Congratulations to Rodney, Mike V and R Seymour!

D4RsFhOX4AANNLw.jpg

Back