Looking at the Patriots - 2020

Who expected Gronk to come back like he was 5 years ago? He’s there so Brady’s got a familiar face, and he can tell Howard where he’s supposed to be.

Without Eddleman this offense is in major trouble. I was and still am worried he’ll be worn down to nothing by mid October.

I don' think Arians will be thanking Tom for bringing Gronk along. That's a very expensive blocker.

Who expected Gronk to come back like he was 5 years ago? He’s there so Brady’s got a familiar face, and he can tell Howard where he’s supposed to be.

Arians expected Gronk to be worth $9 mil on the field, not as a familiar face so that Brady won't have anxiety attacks in the pocket. Howard is in his fourth year and lines up just fine.

When Gronk unretired, BB could have kept him and his $9 mil salary. Instead, BB chose to trade him for a fourth round pick and save the cap space.

BB did a good job foisting Gronk off on the Bucs for a pick. Would you give Arians back his fourth round pick to bring Gronk and his $9 mil salary back to Foxboro? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Arians expected Gronk to be worth $9 mil on the field, not as a familiar face so that Brady won't have anxiety attacks in the pocket. Howard is in his fourth year and lines up just fine.

When Gronk unretired, BB could have kept him and his $9 mil salary. Instead, BB chose to trade him for a fourth round pick and save the cap space.

BB did a good job foisting Gronk off on the Bucs for a pick. Would you give Arians back his fourth round pick to bring Gronk and his $9 mil salary back to Foxboro? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Considering that Hoodie tried trading Gronk to Detroit 2 years ago, no fucking way would I take him back.

You do get the impression Tom and Gronk are on a farewell tour. This segment, "Tommy and Gronky" was painfully unfunny. They remind me of Big Vince at the Texnas, wearing the dungaraees for a "joke" at training camp. It's a last hurrah, have some laughs and get a sucker franchise to pay you a lot of money to do it.

maxresdefault.jpg

The fourth round pick was a great deal, and no I’m happy he’s not in a pats uniform. He’s got more value to the Bucs. He can tell the guys in the film room what Brady’s looking for and sees. Once he gets back to speed he’s gonna he a red zone threat, and after Evans, godwin, forrnette, Howard and watching a QB sneak he’s still a pretty good fifth red zone option. He’s a good guy in the locker room. If they happen to make a playoff run it’s good to have guys around who’ve been there and done it.
Gronk going to Tampa was good for all parties.

The fourth round pick was a great deal, and no I’m happy he’s not in a pats uniform. He’s got more value to the Bucs. He can tell the guys in the film room what Brady’s looking for and sees. Once he gets back to speed he’s gonna he a red zone threat, and after Evans, godwin, forrnette, Howard and watching a QB sneak he’s still a pretty good fifth red zone option. He’s a good guy in the locker room. If they happen to make a playoff run it’s good to have guys around who’ve been there and done it.
Gronk going to Tampa was good for all parties.

So, tell me, why do you care if Gronk helps the Bucs or not? Are you a Brady/Bucs fan or a Pats fan? Maybe it's time you declare.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Cam Newton needs 78 rushing yards and 148 passing yards on Sunday to become the first player ever to rush for 200 yards and pass for 600 in the first three weeks of an NFL season.

Gronk looks like the shell of his former self. You saw for most of his final year . Patriots are using their TEs in the same way as blockers. Izzo caught 3 of 4 targets

Damn. Andrews has now been put on IR. Uche too. Under the rules this season they can come back after three games.

So, tell me, why do you care if Gronk helps the Bucs or not? Are you a Brady/Bucs fan or a Pats fan? Maybe it's time you declare.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Cam Newton needs 78 rushing yards and 148 passing yards on Sunday to become the first player ever to rush for 200 yards and pass for 600 in the first three weeks of an NFL season.

I’m a fan of the New England Patriots.

Trust me I damn sure don’t want to see the Bills win the division and that’s a big reason why I’ve been so frustrated. I’ve deeply disagreed with many personal decisions made by BB over the past few years, and despite last weeks LOSS I still don’t see a team that can make a playoff run. If that’s the case I’d rather Brady still be a patriot and retire here. If Brady was pissed about shitty personal decisions then he had every right to be. I’m coming around to Cam that had nothing to do with him, and I don’t think there was another QB available that gives this team a better chance to win. It’s him vs world though and that’s not a long term solution. It’s not. An power run offense with a QB as your main runner doesn’t work long term in the NFL. A lot of people are gonna light up Seattle this season. Even if Cam stays healthy he’s gonna want to get paid sooner than later and it’s just stidham in the pipeline, who can’t even stay healthy in practice.
My point about Gronk was just that because he has little to no value here doesn’t mean that that’s true in Tampa. A fourth rounder was great value to get for him.
I’m gonna have fun watching Tampa this year too, and that’s ok. I certainly don’t like the Bucs more than NE, but I hope Brady’s successful provided it doesn’t come at the expense of the Pats. They aren’t in the division, conference, and it’s highly doubtful they play this year.

I’m a fan of the New England Patriots.

Trust me I damn sure don’t want to see the Bills win the division and that’s a big reason why I’ve been so frustrated. I’ve deeply disagreed with many personal decisions made by BB over the past few years, and despite last weeks LOSS I still don’t see a team that can make a playoff run. If that’s the case I’d rather Brady still be a patriot and retire here. If Brady was pissed about shitty personal decisions then he had every right to be. I’m coming around to Cam that had nothing to do with him, and I don’t think there was another QB available that gives this team a better chance to win. It’s him vs world though and that’s not a long term solution. It’s not. An power run offense with a QB as your main runner doesn’t work long term in the NFL. A lot of people are gonna light up Seattle this season. Even if Cam stays healthy he’s gonna want to get paid sooner than later and it’s just stidham in the pipeline, who can’t even stay healthy in practice.
My point about Gronk was just that because he has little to no value here doesn’t mean that that’s true in Tampa. A fourth rounder was great value to get for him.
I’m gonna have fun watching Tampa this year too, and that’s ok. I certainly don’t like the Bucs more than NE, but I hope Brady’s successful provided it doesn’t come at the expense of the Pats. They aren’t in the division, conference, and it’s highly doubtful they play this year.

Again, we’re not a run dimensional power run offers even with Cam. He had huge passing numbers away to Seattle. He’s an excellent passer.

We have a legitimate chance now of winning the AFCE. But you’d rather bin that and the excitement that Cam has brought and still have Brady here to give him a year long farewell tour?? That’s insane.

If they win the AFC east I’ll be completely wrong and write an apology letter to the forum. Cams looked great, but he’s got no one that make him better outside of eddleman. Eddleman is at a point in his career where he needs to be managed and saved for the playoffs.

BBs decided safeties are the new linebackers and I doubt this def can stop any decent run game.

I’m not trying to derail these threads or anything. I am sorry I’m sounding so negative. I’m a pats fan, and reading this forum every days been a huge part of my life for almost a decade. Can’t tell y’all how much respect I have for everyone on here. But collectively we have not been this happy about a loss in probably 20 years.

Down a linebacker as I type this. Uche to IR

I still don’t see a team that can make a playoff run.

You've said this for at least the last four seasons during which we won 2 superbowls. Could it be that your predictions suck?

I’ve deeply disagreed with many personal decisions made by BB over the past few years

Your right as a fan, but where do you rank him against the other 31 front offices in the NFL?

The fact that you keep harping about how poorly he runs the team, the decisions that netted 6 superbowl trophies and 3 more superbowl appearances tells me that you're way off base with what you think he would have done. Yeah, there were a lot of guys I wish he'd drafted/signed/traded for, but he kind of did pretty good, with all those superbowl appearances.

You say he has a bad eye for talent but what the hell more can you reasonably expect that the record we have? Seriously, name a coach/GM combo that did better than the guy whose decisions you hate?

The new IR rules are incredible

I hope I’m wrong about the direction of the offense and the defenses inability to stop the run.

Tomorrow will be a good test on the latter

The new IR rules are incredible

I hope I’m wrong about the direction of the offense and the defenses inability to stop the run.

Tomorrow will be a good test on the latter

I like the updated IR rules...three weeks out is much better than the whole season if the player is hurt, but, could come back later on.

Damien Harris is eligible to play against the Chiefs in a week. I can't wait to finally see him on the field. I know this, Sony better have a great day today or he may not touch the ball next week.

The most interesting way of visualizing the Patriots' cap position I've seen. Some teams are in trouble. We're not and we're in good shape for next year!

Ei7CojzXYAYsLcl

Back