Looking at the Patriots - 2020

I have never heard Bill make an excuse this many times before. If the Pats don't come out blistering on Sunday on offense (assuming they get in a full week of practice) the mediaots will pounce all over him and the team.

On none of the bullet points is there a player making an excuse. I don't understand your comment. Are you talking about Cam saying he didn't play well because of lack of practice? If so, you're grasping at straws.
Umm...How is that grasping at straws. It is what players do. I dont want to make excuses and them proceeds to make excuses. He absolutely did. I remember years in which half our team was on IR and Bill nor any player would even make reference to it even if they were asked.

Umm...How is that grasping at straws. It is what players do. I dont want to make excuses and them proceeds to make excuses. He absolutely did. I remember years in which half our team was on IR and Bill nor any player would even make reference to it even if they were asked.

How is that an excuse? Even BB is mentioning lack of practice time being a big reason for the struggles. It's just stating the obvious.

I don’t want them giving up any draft capital.
I’d love for Bill to take stock of his past and recent draft work and put his biggest emphasis on fixing things moving forward. Pilfer an organization that truly drafts and develops skill positions better than us.

Give the players you mention bigger roles. Let’s see what we have.

I concede this year as a hopeful 10-6. Maybe 9-7. Build for a great future. Not this season. The weaknesses are too many for a championship run imo and I want to avoid Sanu 2.0 rearing it’s ugly head.
Play the TEs.
I spoke up about the white whale earlier. All these large Safety’s to play coverage LBer. Problem? They aren’t LBers. Eventually run support suffers. He’s got to find his Lavonte David guy.
I don't see this as a lost season yet. Salvaging the season may be as easy as a couple of trades, getting key players healthy and normal practice time.
Our OL is a strength of this team but not the last 2 weeks when we were playing with 2nd & 3rd depth chart players. Get em back and roll over people again.
We did well against Seattle and KC...there are reasons for the recent poor performances.
Give BB time to coach em up and we'll get back where we were. With a little more time and we should see genuine progress.
Trades can be conditional. A lot of draft capital isn't needed unless we're talking about a top flight player. We don't need that -> reasonably experienced veterans who can upgrade what we have at WR, TE and LB shouldn't cost all that much..

How is that an excuse? Even BB is mentioning lack of practice time being a big reason for the struggles. It's just stating the obvious.
Leave it. All the comments in Reiss's story, he zeroes in on something that's not even there, all alleged excuse that nobody else reads from that piece.

BB isn't able to draft good wr's. It's his major weak spot. It used to be cb's, but, he fixed that glitch lately. If Brown wasn't a POS, he would have still been here. Perhaps TFB too.

Brady always had a security blanket . Someone he could trust in passing game . Brown , Welker, Branch , Gronk & Edelman. Cam doesn't have that option right now. Edelman is dealing with a injury . BB put all his faith In Harry , Meyers& Gunner to step up make a impact.
Edelman looks cooked...not saying that he sucks, he's one of my all-time faves, but, he just looks cooked.

Edelman looks cooked...not saying that he sucks, he's one of my all-time faves, but, he just looks cook
It should have been addressed in off season . We all know BB track record at Drafting WRs. In his 20 years . He had 3 success stories . Deon Branch , David Givens & Edelman . They could have had DK metcalf , Samuel & Brown. They choose Williams instead in 2nd round.

It should have been addressed in off season . We all know BB track record at Drafting WRs. In his 20 years . He had 3 success stories . Deon Branch , David Givens & Edelman . They could have had DK metcalf , Samuel & Brown. They choose Williams instead in 2nd round.
Or, instead of Harry...

I'd love for Harry to break out but more and more I'm seeing that he's just not that guy, especially when AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, McLaurin and I could probably go on... all of them are outperforming Harry. All are in the same draft class, and all of these players went after Harry... I still hope he turns it around, but it doesn't seem like he's going to live up to 1st round standards.

Harry was 1st round pick. These are all WRs they could have taking in 2nd before they drafted Williams. He has besides last week done a great job of shutting down Teams TE's.
Yup. BB could have traded away his 1st round pick down into the 2nd day picks and whatnot and draft the wr's that you were talking about.

I'd love for Harry to break out but more and more I'm seeing that he's just not that guy, especially when AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, McLaurin and I could probably go on... all of them are outperforming Harry. All are in the same draft class, and all of these players went after Harry... I still hope he turns it around, but it doesn't seem like he's going to live up to 1st round standards.
It's time to look at Harry as a 4th round pick. :coffee:

Back