Looking at the Patriots - 2020

Evan Lazar@ezlazar
Cam Newton on the #Patriots offense: "our excuse bucket is running out."
Cam Newton: "I just haven't been good...I mean right reads, ball positioning, making guys miss."
Asked Stephon Gilmore about Devin McCourty. Said he's "the quarterback of our defense" and also mentioned that he doesn't need to verbally communicate with DMac anymore. They can just look at each other and know what the other guy is thinking.

Cam is owning his less than his average play.

View: https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1319385220899065861

Can someone explain why we aren’t seeing Dalton Keene yet? Asiasi appears to be getting open a times, but no looks from Cam.
Cam in a way seems to be having Brady-like tunnel vision, although he has targeted Izzo a bit recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When can we drop this Brady tunnel vision thing?
He’s one of the best in nfl history at spreading it around when guys are on his page. When he’s got 4th and 5th options that don’t suck he’s even better. Just look at what he’s doing this year. When he has rookies who are good, ala Gronk and Ahern back in the day he gets them the ball.
We aren’t seeing the tight ends because they are rookies who probably aren’t great playing a position that takes years to grow into. You need a mans body to play tight end, and it often takes a year of being on an nfl conditioning program. But they also probably aren’t great.
I’m actually pretty happy with cam. I never expected him to come here and be a great passer. All this hopeful talk in the offseason about how his time with norv turner changed him was foolish. He had one great year. One. The rest he was a QB with a .500 or worse win record. He was never great in his divisional games. He’s not going to improve coming here and throwing to the worst skill talent in the league. It just is what it is. I’ve been accused of being a troll, but I’ve just been expressing my honest opinion, and it makes me sad.
This team may get to .500, but I doubt it. Hopefully a great QB falls to us in next years draft. There is a silver lining.

Can someone explain why we aren’t seeing Dalton Keene yet? Asiasi appears to be getting open a times, but no looks from Cam.
Cam in a way seems to be having Brady-like tunnel vision, although he has targeted Izzo a bit recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Red shirt season. Gotta take a year off making sure you get your block angles just right.

How about Russ Francis as a great Patriots TE? Bill raved about him, you'll see him telling the team about Francis in that video in the in praise of BB thread. He was obviously one hell of a player.

Back