Looking at the Patriots - 2020

BB is one of the most arrogant people in football, the most glaring example when he cost this team a ring by not playing butler in that super bowl.

It’s been clear all offseason this team was headed for a disastrous year.

The funny part is...the only thing I have said about Brady or Tampa in the last 2 days, was...It seems silly that they went and got Brown...lol. Nothing more. Chev blew up and it had zero to do with me, because its a Brady vs Bill thing to him and some others so he somehow thinks that Brown makes them this amazing force and he got mad, and directed it at me, for literally saying I thought the move was silly. Enjoy the soap opera guys.
First, I wasn't 'mad' at you bc TB12 signed Brown. Secondly, I'm not of the ilk to 'blow up'. You should read again what I said. Proclaiming innocence doesn't make it so.

Bill Belichick the GM​

One final thing that has been really bothering me is the outcry against Bill Belichick. The man is the greatest coach, and general manager, in NFL history. Him seemingly missing on wide receivers the last two years has really hurt, but he also had a ton of key players opt out this season. He did make the decision to move on from Tom Brady, but that relationship was ending, and, no matter how much fans wanted it to continue, it simply couldn’t last forever.

I’m not sure why this team seems to be so lost, and playing so poorly, but let’s not all assume that Belichick has lost it when the team struggles for a year. There was a clear drop-off after losing a ton of key players last season, and they were too close to the cap to really replace everybody they had to watch leave this offseason.

Let’s also remember that he is still the architect behind the greatest dynasty in professional sports, and he’s not done yet. Even if this ends up being a lost season, I still have faith that he can build a better team next year when the resources are far more favorable.

View: https://twitter.com/BerndBuchmasser/status/1320654990113910784

View: https://twitter.com/PFF_Patriots/status/1320558561202757642

View: https://twitter.com/insidethe49/status/1320621704377454592

My last post regarding the Patriots awful play vs the 49ers. I'm on to Buffalo.

Bill Belichick the GM​

One final thing that has been really bothering me is the outcry against Bill Belichick. The man is the greatest coach, and general manager, in NFL history. Him seemingly missing on wide receivers the last two years has really hurt, but he also had a ton of key players opt out this season. He did make the decision to move on from Tom Brady, but that relationship was ending, and, no matter how much fans wanted it to continue, it simply couldn’t last forever.

I’m not sure why this team seems to be so lost, and playing so poorly, but let’s not all assume that Belichick has lost it when the team struggles for a year. There was a clear drop-off after losing a ton of key players last season, and they were too close to the cap to really replace everybody they had to watch leave this offseason.

Let’s also remember that he is still the architect behind the greatest dynasty in professional sports, and he’s not done yet. Even if this ends up being a lost season, I still have faith that he can build a better team next year when the resources are far more favorable.
Good post Chevvs. My biggest issue with Bill is not doing anything at the QB after trading Jimmy. 3 off-seasons and only we got was Danny Etling and Jarrett Stidham. I can't understand why he left the most important position in such terrible shape knowing he was not extending Brady past age 42.

Other than that, I agree about the cap situation. We will reset next year and hopefully find a decent QB.

Gilmore's trade value took a nosedive...

Thuney will want maximum money, he should be traded asap. He is good, but, it's like a Chandler Jones shituation...

Edelman should just retire. He's cooked.

Bill Belichick the GM​

View: https://twitter.com/BerndBuchmasser/status/1320654990113910784

View: https://twitter.com/PFF_Patriots/status/1320558561202757642

View: https://twitter.com/insidethe49/status/1320621704377454592

My last post regarding the Patriots awful play vs the 49ers. I'm on to Buffalo.

I agree, what I hate is the inevitable vitriol that will be hurled BB’s way, by the Boston media especially. Boston.com has already started, giving us a BB v TB analysis on this and putting the word solely down to Tom leaving.

The team just has to reset this week and get back to where they were earlier. Cam has to find his mojo again and let’s get after the Bills. We can work about acquiring personnel another time, right now, we should be on to Buffalo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, what I hate is the inevitable vitriol that will be hurled BB’s way, by the Boston media especially. Boston.com has already started, giving us a BB v TB analysis on this and putting the word solely down to Tom leaving.

The team just has to reset this week and get back to where they were earlier. Cam has to find his mojo again and let’s get after the Bills. We can work about acquiring personnel another time, right now, we should be on to Buffalo.

I was thinking about this last night. Bill really should have never let Brady walk. The team should have been constructed better on O around him and then we are still contending for chips. With his performance in Tampa, it is clear that Brady can play maybe for the another 2 seasons at an extremely high level with talent around him (he is second in TD passes now only to Wilson). It is just so hard to to see this and know that we could have still had him playing at this age. But it didn't happen. We just missed on too many drafts. It is Bill's fault but sometimes we act like it is easy thing to build a competitive football team every year. Bill has had a run of cold drafts and it cost him the GOAT. Just so depressing. But it is what it is. I will still enjoy watching the team try to rebuild and keep rooting for Tom to do well too.

I was thinking about this last night. Bill really should have never let Brady walk. The team should have been constructed better on O around him and then we are still contending for chips. With his performance in Tampa, it is clear that Brady can play maybe for the another 2 seasons at an extremely high level with talent around him (he is second in TD passes now only to Wilson). It is just so hard to to see this and know that we could have still had him playing at this age. But it didn't happen. We just missed on too many drafts. It is Bill's fault but sometimes we act like it is easy thing to build a competitive football team every year. Bill has had a run of cold drafts and it cost him the GOAT. Just so depressing. But it is what it is. I will still enjoy watching the team try to rebuild and keep rooting for Tom to do well too.

Come on man. Tom wanted out. That was clear last season and that was his right. The team was rightly not going to give a 42 year old a big deal, that would go against everything Bill believes and had done during his success. It was an amicable split, I think both would have breathed a a little sigh of relief to be honest. They had a great run, but Brady especially wanted to try something else. And Bill brought in Josh Gordon and AB TP try and help Tom but neither worked out. And let’s be frank, Tom would be able to do very little with this offense as it stands. There are no weapons at receiver or TE.

If Pats beat the Bills and then beat the Jests the record will be 4-4. Not great, but definitely would still be in the running for the division. Bills aren't looking so hot these past few games, either.

For the first time in 2 decades I rose from the couch after a Patriots game and said to my wife "well what the fluck". Man, we have been spoiled rotten. Interesting feeling.

Come on man. Tom wanted out. That was clear last season and that was his right. The team was rightly not going to give a 42 year old a big deal, that would go against everything Bill believes and had done during his success. It was an amicable split, I think both would have breathed a a little sigh of relief to be honest. They had a great run, but Brady especially wanted to try something else. And Bill brought in Josh Gordon and AB TP try and help Tom but neither worked out. And let’s be frank, Tom would be able to do very little with this offense as it stands. There are no weapons at receiver or TE.

He did want out and it was because the roster was so bad. That was what I was referencing. It was too late last year to sign him for obvious reasons but had Bill extended him back in '18 AND had gotten real talent on the O then we are still contending for titles. It is just difficult watching how Brady is performing knowing we could have still had that if our roster was better.

He did want out and it was because the roster was so bad. That was what I was referencing. It was too late last year to sign him for obvious reasons but had Bill extended him back in '18 AND had gotten real talent on the O then we are still contending for titles. It is just difficult watching how Brady is performing knowing we could have still had that if our roster was better.
It was more than that though. He had done his time here under a very unique coach who treated everyone the same and was notoriously tough on Brady especially. It worked for the vast majority of the 19 years here. But Brady clearly tired of it and it’s not unusual nor unreasonable. He wanted a change. It was time.

It was more than that though. He had done his time here under a very unique coach who treated everyone the same and was notoriously tough on Brady especially. It worked for the vast majority of the 19 years here. But Brady clearly tired of it and it’s not unusual nor unreasonable. He wanted a change. It was time.
Brady wants to win Super Bowls. The roster drove him away not Bill. He has called Bill the greatest coach ever. He does not mind tough coaching. He wants to be great and to win. But at age 43, he wants to win chips. We just didn't have the team anymore.

Brady wants to win Super Bowls. The roster drove him away not Bill. He has called Bill the greatest coach ever. He does not mind tough coaching. He wants to be great and to win. But at age 43, he wants to win chips. We just didn't have the team anymore.
Disagree. Brady had done his time and just got tired with BBs style. It’s understandable, totally.

Disagree. Brady had done his time and just got tired with BBs style. It’s understandable, totally.
That would be true IF Brady went to a team that had a players coach like Pete Carroll or Mike Tomlin but he didn't. He chose the team with the most talent he could find with an offensively-minded HC. He even switched conferences to got to that team when he could have chose the Chargers and a players coach like Lynn. He also signed up to learn a completely different offense. He did not ask Arians to change anything for him because he believed in the system and the players. It was always about having a chance to win. If it wasn't, he would have left Bill a long time ago.

That would be true IF Brady went to a team that had a players coach like Pete Carroll or Mike Tomlin but he didn't. He chose the team with the most talent he could find with an offensively-minded HC. He even switched conferences to got to that team when he could have chose the Chargers and a players coach like Lynn. He also signed up to learn a completely different offense. He did not ask Arians to change anything for him because he believed in the system and the players. It was always about having a chance to win. If it wasn't, he would have left Bill a long time ago.
Eh, he didn’t have a lot of interest in FA, you do realise that? The Bucks were the only real suitors who came knocking.

Back