Looking at the Patriots - 2020

Trade Gilmore for a high pick/s and possibly have the other team throw in an under the radar young (rookie contract)WR who can catch the ball and separate.

Trade the twins too...

Thuney will want a boatload of money, and he might walk away...so, trade him too.

Extend JC Jackson and Jonathan Jones for the future.

I contend the Patriots will go 10-6, and win the division. They'll beat Buffalo and then the Jets, lose to the Ravens, beat the Texans, to go 5-5, lose to the Cardinals, and then win out in their last 5. And win at least one playoff game. Probably 2. It all hinges on the next game, in Buffalo. I think Cam will run for at least 70 yds/2 td's. This is all with or without Gilmore.

I contend the Patriots will go 10-6, and win the division. They'll beat Buffalo and then the Jets, lose to the Ravens, beat the Texans, to go 5-5, lose to the Cardinals, and then win out in their last 5. And win at least one playoff game. Probably 2. It all hinges on the next game, in Buffalo. I think Cam will run for at least 70 yds/2 td's. This is all with or without Gilmore.
:very-drunk:

Some optimism in this forum? Blasphemy!

If we traded Gilmore I'd take draft picks...and expiring if needed. Who knows what the cap will be next year. If it is lowered there will be plenty plenty plenty of available free agents by force. No choice about it. Who would probably be signing for fairly cheap. And Pats would have most likely atleast top 10 probably top 5 cap room available.

If we traded Gilmore I'd take draft picks...and expiring if needed. Who knows what the cap will be next year. If it is lowered there will be plenty plenty plenty of available free agents by force. No choice about it. Who would probably be signing for fairly cheap. And Pats would have most likely atleast top 10 probably top 5 cap room available.
Yeah. We need to reload and we will have cap. That makes this season at least a little easier to stomach. I am not sure about FAs coming here even with the lower cap. We did not attract any this season despite having cap to sign them from all the opt-outs. Priority number one has to be to find a QB. We have to get someone that is at least competent and can be groomed into a decent game manager. Without that, we will be looking at a repeat of this season.

So is he saying his composure is bad?
He said the defenses have figured us out. They are stacking the box and Cam is holding the ball too long. Really seems simple, doesn't it? But man is it hard to change on the fly with our skill guys. I wish we would incorporate some of the Niners zone blocking run schemes. I think our receivers like Harry, Meyers and Byrd could be pretty good on those.

He said the defenses have figured us out. They are stacking the box and Cam is holding the ball too long. Really seems simple, doesn't it? But man is it hard to change on the fly with our skill guys. I wish we would incorporate some of the Niners zone blocking run schemes. I think our receivers like Harry, Meyers and Byrd could be pretty good on those.
I watched a breakdown by someone on some sports show, I cannot even remember the guys name, but he was basically looking at mechanics. Talking about where he is putting his foot, how the ball is coming out, things like that, and he said it was just awful, there are plays where he is planting at 2 o'clock and throwing at 9'oclock. He said his throwing motion is like he is getting ready to throw a 50 yard pass but is throwing it 10, meaning he is leaning back on short throws, which is causing him to throw the ball more down because he has to compensate for the angle. This guy is a 10 year vet QB and he forgot how to throw? Its just weird.

A report is now saying he's had the procedure. Bleacher Report is saying he had "precautionary standard knee procedure and will miss some period of time".

Damn. Such a tough player.

A report is now saying he's had the procedure. Bleacher Report is saying he had "precautionary standard knee procedure and will miss some period of time.

Damn. Such a tough player.
Like I said, too tough for his own good. To think he probably shortened his career for this team, because in a lot of ways he did.

Nevermind his knee, it was his head I was most concerned with. I've seen games where he's taken huge passes and been driven headfirst into the turf. He's taken a lof of savage blows to the head in his time. I remember that monster reception in the SB v Seattle when he kept running after a high headshot and looked like his legs were jelly. As tough as they came.

I have a t-shirt with Julian making that mystical catch, late in the supebowl against the Falcons. He's given so much; I feel like it's his last year with the Patriots. He was better with Brady, but he looks cooked. He needs to take some time to relax. How did he receive for more than 1000 yds last year? Given his health status last year, it was one of the greatest seasons ever by a receiver. He has willed the team to win, many times.

Back