Looking at the Patriots - 2020

I'm almost afraid to reply to your post, but here goes... as I said in a previous post - if a person has an issue with you, that person might have an issue. If a whole forum seems to have an issue with you... Well, you know the rest.
The entire forum doesnt, but the ones that do, always have and its not something that is case by case basis I have made posts that have copied something that someone else has said exactly, just to see how both were reacted to, and they were reacted to completely opposite....so you can explain that one with your silly BS.

I am not going to be pulled into an endless argument.

I would like everyone to just pull back from personal attacks.
I would like to be able to make a message about football and not get silly personal stuff. I guess we both want different things. So for the mercy of the board. I will take the high road and move along. Maybe in awhile things will calm down. You all take care of yourselves.

I would like to be able to make a message about football and not get silly personal stuff. I guess we both want different things. So for the mercy of the board. I will take the high road and move along. Maybe in awhile things will calm down. You all take care of yourselves.

Thank you.

I agree, and to be clear, my message was to everyone. I think you add to the board, so I hope the break is not a long one. I think we all need to figure out how to move on from Brady a bit.

Well that escalated very quickly!

No poster here has even remotely said Cam has been playing well, or OK. I said he's been very bad the past two games as have all other posters. What many of us have pointed out is that he has had good games as well before his covid break. He started off very well. We all know fans and the media turn on a dime. After the first two games, the media narrative was how could all those GMs have made such a colossal mistake in leaving Cam available for so long and that BB was the winner in the BB-TB contest. Now, that has done a complete 180 and BB is being savaged by the media and even some players claiming it shows all along that it was TB that allowed BB to get away with getting rid of players before paying them huge salaries and now BB is being shown up as the mediocre coach people suspected.

All the above opposing viewpoints are nonsensical. It was too early to declare Cam as being a calamitous error of omission by the other GMs and that BB was the winner in the contrived BB v TB stakes and it's too early to declare Tom the winner in those stakes and too early to confine Cam to the dustbin. We're not even halfway through the season and it's far too early to make definite judgements on players and coaches with new teams etc.

Newton is now in a mysterious slump and at least, is owning it, is not shirking it and is facing the music with a hell of a lot of honesty. He knows this is a must-win game for him more than anyone and another repeat of the Bronco, Niners game and he likely will be benched for Stidham going forward and there won't be any complaints from me nor anyone else I suspect if that's the case.

We all want him to have a great game, a Cam Newton playing well is very good for the Patriots. We need him. we can surely all agree on that.

You know he has that page open as well.
He and Mazz are clearly Bucs fans this year instead of Patriot fans.
Just like when Peyton went to Denver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I don't think that is the case for either of them.

I don’t think cam would look this bad with any other offense in the NFL. His top option wouldn’t make it out of training camp for some of the best teams in the league. He hasn’t been great, but what can you realistically expect?

I hope eddleman can recover and end things on a good note of his choosing somehow. Bone on bone sounds bad though.

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer
Cam's played really poorly. But there are issues all over that Patriots offense.
Edelman looks old, the rest of the receivers don't look ready, tight end's a huge problem, and the line was shaky today ...
Coaching only goes so far.

I don’t think cam would look this bad with any other offense in the NFL. His top option wouldn’t make it out of training camp for some of the best teams in the league. He hasn’t been great, but what can you realistically expect?

I hope eddleman can recover and end things on a good note of his choosing somehow. Bone on bone sounds bad though.
I have a difficult time believing it's a bone-on-bone situation. That implies little to no meniscus left which would require far more than arthroscopic surgery. He would have been limping so badly he almost couldn't walk but he's been playing football...slowed but he's been playing.
My guess is his knee was scoped to remove bone particles that were floating around in the joint. That's an automatic 2 week absence.
He also might have have steroids or PRP injected to help with healing and pain.
My fear is that this is the tip of an iceberg with him and may threaten to cut his season short if the procedure doesn't help him.
If it helps then maybe we'll get to see more great performances from him like that Seattle game.

I missed that.

I had trouble with my left knee. Buckling at odd times. Pain. Swelling. Then my ACL ruptured. MRI indicated cartilage problems. When they went in it was much more extensive. A lot torn away . By the time they cleaned it up I’m virtually bone on bone. It’s debilitating as a mf’er.

I can’t imagine trying to play pro football with it. The swelling is crazy. And it’s why I doubted Malcolm and Sony. It won’t work long.

What Metcalf did was amazing......but did we not forget across field B.Watson? Y'all sleep on NKeal Harry. He's practiced almost now maybe a seasons worth? Less. JC Jackson? Deserves 6 or 7 mill a year. Honestly. Y'all sleep the process is in motion and Patriots?????71 or whatever his name is lmao Real fans know you can leave. Every convo is this women lady (you)crying about Brady!!!! I'm sorry baby girl he doesn't love you.

hugh laurie facepalm GIF

Back