Looking at the Patriots - 2020

Why do so many posters feel a need to bring up a players draft status. The kid was on the 53, doesn't matter how. BB still has at least 1 udfa on each roster, doesn't he? Calling Meyers a udfa is just a way to try to demean him, while supporting your chosen player.

Why do so many posters feel a need to bring up a players draft status. The kid was on the 53, doesn't matter how. BB still has at least 1 udfa on each roster, doesn't he? Calling Meyers a udfa is just a way to try to demean him, while supporting your chosen player.
It's a way to gauge players. I don't have a problem with doing that. Meyers being an UDFA and contributing means that he's doing well above what anyone ever thought he would be doing...diametrically the opposite of Harry.

Great stuff. Thanks for researching all that. I remember him and Brady hooking up a lot when he was in there. I also remember him sitting when Harry came back which was a terrible coaching decision but I get it in one way as Harry had not even played yet and Meyers was undrafted but still, usually Bill plays the guys that are producing.
It was the Dallas game when the only two WRs were Gunner and Meyers. THey both did well. The main reason that neither saw the field much last year was that Brady said flat out that he wouldn't throw to them. He didn't trust them to be in the right spot and had no interest trying. Pretty pointless of the coaches to keep putting Meyers in if he was going to be invisible to Brady.There was a time when Brady worked with young receivers, but it wasn't last year.

It's a way to gauge players. I don't have a problem with doing that. Meyers being an UDFA and contributing means that he's doing well above what anyone ever thought he would be doing...diametrically the opposite of Harry.
Draft status is only a way to gauge a player's college career. Once they hit training you can start to judge a how a player is fairing in the NFL. Draft status means squat once the games begin.

It was the Dallas game when the only two WRs were Gunner and Meyers. THey both did well. The main reason that neither saw the field much last year was that Brady said flat out that he wouldn't throw to them. He didn't trust them to be in the right spot and had no interest trying. Pretty pointless of the coaches to keep putting Meyers in if he was going to be invisible to Brady.There was a time when Brady worked with young receivers, but it wasn't last year.
Please provide a link to Brady saying he would not throw to them.

Brady discussed this on Howard Stern. He didn't, wisely, refer to names, but it was a bad look.

Brady revealed Wednesday morning on SiriusXM’s “Howard Stern Live” what he would tell Patriots head coach Bill Belichick about wide receivers who were underperforming in New England’s offense.

“I would say, ‘I don’t have any trust that this guy can help us win the game,’ ” Brady said. “I’ve definitely expressed my opinion to say ‘If you put him out there, I’m not going to throw him the ball.’ The whole team is trusting me to do what’s right by the team, so you can’t put someone out there who I don’t believe in.
Tom Brady Reveals What He Told Bill Belichick About Underperforming Receivers - NESN.com

It ties into Meyers and Harry saying last year that Brady didn't really talk to them or engage with them.

Brady discussed this on Howard Stern. He didn't, wisely, refer to names, but it was a bad look.

Tom Brady Reveals What He Told Bill Belichick About Underperforming Receivers - NESN.com

It ties into Meyers and Harry saying last year that Brady didn't really talk to them or engage with them.
Is this necessarily referring to last season? Seems like Brady is talking about the entirety of his time in the New England offense.

Brady chose to pick out Meyers and say he couldn't wait to see what he did in his second year in New England. Said that and wished him well before this season started. Seems like he likes the kid. Harry, not so much.

Brady was talking about his whole career. That is what he has done and what he is supposed to do. If a receiver is not getting open or running the wrong routes he isn't supposed to throw it to him (see Aaron Dobson, Chad Jackson, etc). Bill has echoed these same sentiments about every player. The NFL is about production not trying to coddle players who are not performing. Look at our offense this year with a better Oline and run game and our receivers STILL stink. All Cam has is Meyers at the moment. We are 27th in points scored. Last year we finished 7th with Brady supposedly freezing players out. This is one of the worst Patriot takes of all time because people don't want to acknowledge that Bill royally screwed up the skill positions on this team the last few years to where our best receiver currently is an undrafted second year player.

LOL, this is silly.

You will be very hard pressed to find any quote from Brady saying anything negative about anyone specifically.

But it is common knowledge from his own words last year that he had no patience with young receivers.

LOL, this is silly.

You will be very hard pressed to find any quote from Brady saying anything negative about anyone specifically.

But it is common knowledge from his own words last year that he had no patience with young receivers.
He has no patience with young receivers who stink. Nor should he or any other QB.

Do you want Cam forcing it to Harry right now instead of throwing to Meyers?

He has no patience with young receivers who stink. Nor should he or any other QB.

Do you want Cam forcing it to Harry right now instead of throwing to Meyers?
I thought Brady forced it to Edelman way too much last year when there was another receiver open, but wasn't trusted.

Cam seems to be throwing to the open guy, when he gets rid of it on time anyway.

Oh, please, God, make it go away: Brady can do no wrong. He is perfect in every way, always has been and always will be. Anyone saying that the 2018 Brady wasn't the same guy as the pre-2017 guy is a hater and doesn't know shit.

Well, sorry, but Brady was the greatest ever but as was inevitable it didn't last forever. His play deteriorated gradually 2017-2019 and his attitude changed dramatically last year.

As the great philosophers Kansas said:

I close my eyes
Only for a moment and the moment's gone
All my dreams
Pass before my eyes with curiosity

Dust in the wind
All they are is dust in the wind

Same old song
Just a drop of water in an endless sea
All we do
Crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see

Back