Looking at the Patriots - 2020

A soft rebuild is where we would go 10-6. lol We are in the before 2001 territory.

I don't accept your definition here.

Soft rebuild meaning that it likely won't take years for them to be competitive. The Pats are not the Jets, Jags or even the Browns.

A lost year is something you want to forget happened. The only blight spot of this year offense have been the RBs. They have won 4 games thanks to them taking over . You cant say that about passing game.

After six SBs and countless years in the hunt, one down year is not the end of the world. I don't know why some fans all of a sudden expect BB to bring a SB now or he's a fraud.

I just people to admit he screwed up. My ignoring a weakness. People saw in 2nd half of last year. That was lack of production in passing game . Did nothing but sign Byrd & Cam to fix the issue. The rookie TEs. When they did play were just blockers.

I just people to admit he screwed up. My ignoring a weakness. People saw in 2nd half of last year. That was lack of production in passing game . Did nothing but sign Byrd & Cam to fix the issue. The rookie TEs. When they did play were just blockers.

That's because as a number here pointed out in the preseason and early on Bill was going with the strengths of the team as he is wont to do. He focused on a great O-line and ground and pound run game with an efficient passing game. He accomplished that.

The team as, has been pointed out, had 34 million in dead cap this year. What did you expect him to do, precisely?

I don't accept your definition here.

Soft rebuild meaning that it likely won't take years for them to be competitive. The Pats are not the Jets, Jags or even the Browns.
Yeah we would go 10-6 in those years. You think the pats didn't have soft rebuilds on the defense in 20 years? And offense. 2008, 2011. Etc

This has nothing to do with Brady

BB is a relic of the past. It’s time to move on. It’s been for awhile. He’s a .500 coach.

I don’t care about Tampa or Tom. I want a coach who’s young and can rebuild this roster. It’s not Belichick.

BB is a relic of the past. It’s time to move on. It’s been for awhile. He’s a .500 coach.

I don’t care about Tampa or Tom. I want a coach who’s young and can rebuild this roster. It’s not Belichick.

Yeah, get rid of the coach who led us to a SB victory TWO FRIGGIN’ SEASONS AGO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The dead cap money this year is 34 million, 13.5 for Brady. That was going to happen whenever he left, regardless of how he left. This is a planned down year and we're too damn spoiled to just live with it.
Throw in no preseason games for a team predicated on precision with a new QB learning the playbook on the fly, add in a touch of a pandemic with stars opting out, add a QB who gets Covid midseason and a few ill timed plas and you have this season. The team is not in cap hell net year and with BB at the helm, I envision this off season to be like 06-07. After Reche Caldwell, he knew he needed to get receivers, so he got Moss and Welker...... While they arent walking through the door, I can see a major overhaul and an upgrade next year when other teams are in cap hell and jettisoning stars/quality players....

So its 24th. So, bad? So 24th in passing and 26th in scoring.....what was your argument again?
The discussion was the defense has fallen far more severally than the offense. Does that really need to be spelt out for you? The defense went from 1st in the league to now, dead last.

Dante Scarnecchia thought Onwenu might be good but he marvels at how Onwenu is playing so good so quickly. Scar credits OL Coach Cole Popvich with getting him ready.

Mike Onwenu surprising many as Swiss Army knife of Patriots offensive line

Patriots rookie offensive lineman Mike Onwenu’s rapid development has genuinely impressed two of the most respected coaches in the business.

Legendary offensive line boss Dante Scarnecchia, who retired this year but assisted the Patriots’ pre-draft evaluation of Onwenu, and Michigan offensive line coach Ed Warinner have long advocated for the former Wolverine. But even both of them have been surprised with how quickly the sixth-round pick has contributed at multiple positions.

“What a great thing for the Patriots and (Onwenu) because here’s a kid who’s played right guard, right tackle, left guard. How do you do that?” Scarnecchia marveled. “How do you find a guy in the sixth round who can do all that? I think that’s a hell of a deal and a hell of a tribute to (Patriots co-offensive line coach) Cole (Popovich) and the job they’ve done with the offensive line this year. They’ve done an unbelievable job.”

Onwenu’s versatility has made him one of the Patriots’ most valuable players this season. But beyond versatility, his performance has made him one of their best.

Onwenu is tied with Joe Thuney for the team lead with four clean sheets (no sacks, QB hits, pressures or blocking penalties) – one at left guard, one at right guard, two at right tackle. The rookie has allowed six disruptions (two sacks, one QB hit, three pressures), which is the fewest among the four Pats linemen who have played at least 70 percent of the snaps.

“I always told everybody that he had an unlimited ceiling,” Warinner said. “His ability to play NFL football, the body and God(-given) gifts that he has and the talents he developed were off the charts. I’m glad it’s working out for him.”

The degree to which it’s worked has been improbable.

Onwenu started 34 games at right guard and one at left guard at Michigan, with his final two seasons under Warinner’s tutelage. But as Onwenu prepared for the draft, the 6-foot-3, 350-pounder didn’t recall a single team asking him to play tackle.
After a remote offseason program, the Patriots didn’t broach the idea of kicking him outside until they sprinkled in some reps during training camp.

Passing DVOA was 15th last year, 24th so far this year.

Last year's DVOA was bolstered by all those bad teams we played in the first 10 games of the year.
Just for the record, in the last 6 games last year when it mattered most with TB12 at QB, the Pats were 1-4 in 1 score games and 2-4 overall in those last 6 games. 1-4!
The losses were to Houston, KC, Miami and Tennessee. The win was against Buffalo (the other win was the blowout of Cincy).

This year Cam has a better adjusted completion % than TB12 so the numbers don't say we'd be any better with TB12 at QB than with Cam. And that's with Cam missing 2 weeks bc of COVID. From that standpoint, TB12 bailed at the right time and Cam is actually doing better than anyone should have expected. Compare this year to how TB12 did last year when we needed it most down the stretch. 2-4 in the last 6 games last year should have been a good forewarning of what was to come this year, especially with no money to do anything about it.

If he has another awful draft and does not find a legit QB then I agree. Time to move on. Let's see what he can do with all the cap and the picks.

Back