Looking at the Patriots - 2020

LOL. Calling someone a rumpswap is pretty much the definition of an ad hominem attack. But no worries. I will await your response on the roster.

OK I'm not even sure what to search for to find negotiated contracts for the Pats. Maybe someone help can me here. Looking '16 or 17 til '20..

I do know, like I said, Tom, Gilmore got more money but I don't know what it coming from and he will likely be traded in the offseason, I think.

My brain is a little addled tonight sorry after a long day of work and drink. :beer: :LOL:

So if can someone point me in the right direction I'll take it from there. :)

Edit: Oh, I'll go check Miguel's page but I could still use some help with a search.

Interestingly Miguel gives a special shout out to some of old school members here for great help and assistance with the cap stuff. Kinda cool.

What contracts did he push into the future for Brady? Please list them. What big name FAs did he sign besides Brown last year which he was desperate to sign because the WR corp was so putrid because he has not drafted any WRs or TEs.

Bill did not move on from Brady. Brady left as a FA because our team was so putrid. Easily the smartest move of his career. Reports said Bill was actually surprised Brady left as he figured Brady would play on crap deals with crap skill guys forever. Now we are all seeing just how bad this roster was/is with a different QB.
Brady left them with a huge cap hit. Let's not forget he signed a extension that bumped his pay in TC. Had a cause that let him.void the final 2 years .

Interestingly Miguel gives a special shout out to some of old school members here for great help and assistance with the cap stuff. Kinda cool.

Just tweeted him for a good source.

Brady left them with a huge cap hit. Let's not forget he signed a extension that bumped his pay in TC. Had a cause that let him.void the final 2 years .
No he didn't. He was due to make $15 million after he just won them their 6th super bowl! Bill gave him $8 mil to bump him to $23. It was the Pats choice to do the dummy years precisely to move the cap hit to 2020. Brady wanted an extension.
It is ridiculous to blame Brady for any cap issues given he gave them discounts since 2013 enabling them to sign Revis, Browner, Gilmore, pay Hightower, McCourty.

OK I'm not even sure what to search for to find negotiated contracts for the Pats. Maybe someone help can me here. Looking '16 or 17 til '20..

I do know, like I said, Tom, Gilmore got more money but I don't know what it coming from and he will likely be traded in the offseason, I think.

My brain is a little addled tonight sorry after a long day of work and drink. :beer: :LOL:

So if can someone point me in the right direction I'll take it from there. :)

Edit: Oh, I'll go check Miguel's page but I could still use some help with a search.
Look at Hawg's thread where he details Bill's drafts the last few years and all the talented players he passed over for the busts he signed. Then look at the contracts of our vets and then look at their current production. That will give you the clarity you are seeking in looking at our current cap in light of our roster which is woefully void of talent.

Edit: I bumped Hawg's thread for you.

Last edited:
Look at Hawg's thread where he details Bill's drafts the last few years and all the talented players he passed over for the busts he signed. Then look at the contracts of our vets and then look at their current production. That will give you the clarity you are seeking in looking at our current cap in light of our roster which is woefully void of talent.

Edit: I bumped Hawg's thread for you.
Thanks, I'll start there.

As far as drafts, so far this years one looks pretty damn good, I think. Got a decent few young plays on the relative cheap for a number of years to build around.

Thanks, I'll start there.

As far as drafts, so far this years one looks pretty damn good, I think. Got a decent few young plays on the relative cheap for a number of years to build around.
I agree. This year's so far looks solid. Just need a couple more good ones to get back on track and hopefully find the Qb.

No he didn't. He was due to make $15 million after he just won them their 6th super bowl! Bill gave him $8 mil to bump him to $23. It was the Pats choice to do the dummy years precisely to move the cap hit to 2020. Brady wanted an extension.
It is ridiculous to blame Brady for any cap issues given he gave them discounts since 2013 enabling them to sign Revis, Browner, Gilmore, pay Hightower, McCourty.

You're right. In fact I blame Kraft for signing TB12 for 2019. BB was cool to the idea.

WR Kenny Stills is being released by the Texans after acting up a bit to get waived.
He's not a guy we need or want.

It's ludicrous that we're 10 games into the season and there a small minority of "fans" who have decided that Bill is no longer the answer and he should just up sticks and leave. It beggars belief. It's like f**k you, what have you done for me lately?

As said umpteen times at this stage, I wouldn't care if the Pats were crap for the next few seasons, Bill has earned the right to have an off-season or three. No other coach in any shape or form could have created two separate dynasty teams in this era of cap and FA.

There is a clear subsection of fans who remain hurt that Brady is not here anymore. And they have shown their true colours almost gleefully rounding on Cam Newton and the team to the point where they are actually rooting more for the Buccaneers to succeed ahead of their own team, just to prove some silly point. The rest of us want Newton to succeed because he's the Patriots QB, simple as. Fans also like him because he brings a different, running dynamic to the position that obviously we have not seen here before, and his good humour has been a breath of fresh air.

It's killing that small section of fans that many of us are enjoying watching the team play and haven't abandoned Bill and that we're not ridiculing Newton.

You guys have to get over Tom's departure, He's gone and let him be. Let's get behind the team and look to the future!

It's ludicrous that we're 10 games into the season and there a small minority of "fans" who have decided that Bill is no longer the answer and he should just up sticks and leave. It beggars belief. It's like f**k you, what have you done for me lately?

As said umpteen times at this stage, I wouldn't care if the Pats were crap for the next few seasons, Bill has earned the right to have an off-season or three. No other coach in any shape or form could have created two separate dynasty teams in this era of cap and FA.

There is a clear subsection of fans who remain hurt that Brady is not here anymore. And they have shown their true colours almost gleefully rounding on Cam Newton and the team to the point where they are actually rooting more for the Buccaneers to succeed ahead of their own team, just to prove some silly point. The rest of us want Newton to succeed because he's the Patriots QB, simple as. Fans also like him because he brings a different, running dynamic to the position that obviously we have not seen here before, and his good humour has been a breath of fresh air.

It's killing that small section of fans that many of us are enjoying watching the team play and haven't abandoned Bill and that we're not ridiculing Newton.

You guys have to get over Tom's departure, He's gone and let him be. Let's get behind the team and look to the future!

It's ok to name them. I'll name a few just to give them their just due even though we all know who they are.
P71 aka Inspector 50 aka Middy (his stance has softened recently, I should add)
Rivshark
Mazz22

Last edited:

Perfect, man! Thank you.

The Patriots don't pay for past production. Better to let them go a year early. :coffee:

I'm sorry so its don't say anything negative about BB. Because of his success. Hes a great coach has done something unheard of in today NFL. I refuse to Kiss BB ass because ot it. I see a problem I will talk about it.

I'm sorry so its don't say anything negative about BB. Because of his success. Hes a great coach has done something unheard of in today NFL. I refuse to Kiss BB ass because ot it. I see a problem I will talk about it.
Seeing a problem and talking about it is 100% on point.

Throwing 20 years of massive accomplishment and six Super Bowls out of the window halfway through one season is rash and 100% off point.

Criticizing him and calling for him to be fired for incompetence are completely different things.

Criticizing him and calling for him to be fired for incompetence are completely different things.
My point has not changed . He completely ignored the WRs besides Byrd. That was a issue last year . It's showing up big time this year . Harry is joining a long line of WR draft busts.
What people should be doing is admitting they're problem. Finding ways to improve it next year. Instead of making excuses for it .

Last edited:
Back