Looking at the Patriots - 2020

Inspector_50

Reaction score
That's ridiculous. I was being generous in saying Tom would have been 2 games better at best. The Bronco and Bills games, maybe. Cam's runs did the damage in Seattle, the Niners would have won as it was down to their run game. No Jules, no TEs. disruption on the O Line, no Develin any more, we could go on and on. And Tom was not better with Meyers or Harry last season.
The Pats had Devlin 2 games last year, the oline was much better this year, we didnt have TE's last year either. Meyers and Harry didnt nearly play as much as they did this year. Those are bad excuses. The Pats were 29th in the pass game this year. It would not even have taken Brady in order to get a few more wins, most above average QB's would have done it. The pats were 28th in receiver separation last year, this year they were 13th. Guys were open. I will say again, I did not say Brady would have won 5 more games as Hsanders said I did. I said in years Brady played and was out the next year it was a 5 game shift. I made no predictions to what it would have been because I dont know, and none of you know either. Now do I think a decent QB would have won more games this year? Yes I do and that is why the Patriots will be looking for a QB next year because they know that as well.

Big/Sky/Fly

We're All In This Psyop Together...
Reaction score
Easily 5 games better with the much improved Oline and run game compared to last year. He beats the Bills the first time, Chiefs, Broncos, Texans, Niners. Also beats the Seahawks too so possibly 6 games better.
Nope. Not even close...

SkiptoMyLou

Six Time Super Bowl Champions!
Reaction score
Easily 5 games better with the much improved Oline and run game compared to last year. He beats the Bills the first time, Chiefs, Broncos, Texans, Niners. Also beats the Seahawks too so possibly 6 games better.

Not if he refused to throw to anyone not named Julian Edelman.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Not if he refused to throw to anyone not named Julian Edelman.
When Meyers and Harry actually played last year he threw to them. Meyers was 5th receiver and Harry was out half the season. Receivers for the pats damn sure got open way more than they did last year, but....Last year Edelman got open, in fact he was the only one that got open, and he was ranked 101st in that category. If Meyers was playing on most downs and got open, Brady would have got him the ball this year. Brady throws to guys that can get open and catch it.

Mazz22

Age 43 and STILL playing like a champ
Reaction score
That's ridiculous. I was being generous in saying Tom would have been 2 games better at best. The Bronco and Bills games, maybe. Cam's runs did the damage in Seattle, the Niners would have won as it was down to their run game. No Jules, no TEs. disruption on the O Line, no Develin any more, we could go on and on. And Tom was not better with Meyers or Harry last season.
Our biggest issue was putrid Qb play. Tom would have easily got us to double digits wins. We lost 3 games to losing teams alone. Tom wins all of those.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Our biggest issue was putrid Qb play. Tom would have easily got us to double digits wins. We lost 3 games to losing teams alone. Tom wins all of those.
It doesnt matter, they are going to act like Brady didnt mean shit here, so there is really no reason to go on. Back to the Patriots in 2020.

Mazz22

Age 43 and STILL playing like a champ
Reaction score
Ugh. Who cares. Brady is not here and didn't want to be. This thread is about the Patriots, not what former players would have done.

Would have been great to have Wikfork out there too.
I think now that season is over the comparison is warranted given we finished 5 games worse this year and Brady won 4 more games for the Bucs propelling them into the post season for the first time in 13 seasons while we missed for the first time in 12 seasons.

I have always maintained that top Qb play is worth 4-5 wins a season and that was proven in spades this year with Brady's departure.

Hopefully we find a legit Qb soon as that is when the winning will start again.

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't. He isn't here and wasn't going to be. What the Bucs have done is completely irrelevant to me.

But this thread should probably be retired soon anyway as we look to 2021.

Sent from my Commodore VIC 20 using Tapatalk