Looking at the Patriots - 2020

I think the 2020 Patriots will be a completely different team than this one. Brady is gone 100% and I think they will use his $$ to try and sign the FA's on D (I want no part of Van Noy if he wants big $$$).

McDaniels and Judge will both be gone as well, so will O'Shea be back? I think next year is a total rebuild and a playoff miss but it'll be a year to see if Stidham has anything. Hopefully they get back into the "acquire draft picks" mode and try and rebuild quick vs. trading them for fading/worthless players like Sanu.

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

He should have retired on top last year...seriously.

^ this

I think the 2020 Patriots will be a completely different team than this one. Brady is gone 100% and I think they will use his $$ to try and sign the FA's on D (I want no part of Van Noy if he wants big $$$).

McDaniels and Judge will both be gone as well, so will O'Shea be back? I think next year is a total rebuild and a playoff miss but it'll be a year to see if Stidham has anything. Hopefully they get back into the "acquire draft picks" mode and try and rebuild quick vs. trading them for fading/worthless players like Sanu.

Agree in general though I wouldn't give up on Sanu just yet. We have him for two years. See what he picks up in tc next summer

Also, I wouldn't discount playoffs with Stidham if BB uses Brady cap money wisely. For one thing, Stidham had a great rapport with Harry and especially Meyers last summer.

Agree in general though I wouldn't give up on Sanu just yet. We have him for two years. See what he picks up in tc next summer

Also, I wouldn't discount playoffs with Stidham if BB uses Brady cap money wisely. For one thing, Stidham had a great rapport with Harry and especially Meyers last summer.

I'm excited for the future and to see what Stidham can do. If McCourty retires and Brady goes, I read they'll have $70MM in cap space next year. If that's true, they can use that to focus on D and the OLine. I think there's hope, but I do think 8-8 is a good season next season (especially with 3 west coast trips)

I'm excited for the future and to see what Stidham can do. If McCourty retires and Brady goes, I read they'll have $70MM in cap space next year. If that's true, they can use that to focus on D and the OLine. I think there's hope, but I do think 8-8 is a good season next season (especially with 3 west coast trips)
Yeah, I forgot about playing both the AFCW and NFCW next year. That will be tough.

Sounds like an F you to a dumb question. Brady’s had years with no WRs. He’s never had a year with no WRs, no run blocking, no Tight ends, average pass blocking, and the worst play calling in a decade. This team would be crazy not to bring him back next year.

If I were him I’d be thinking the chargers offense looks pretty good with Rivers probably out next year.

I hope he’s back though, and from that comment it sounds like he plans on it.

He's been playing hurt the majority of the year. Even BB has mentioned that he's had to sit out reps in practice because of the injuries. Everyone knows that isn't even close to normal for him. He hates giving up reps.

I hope he's back next year and can have a healthy season.

He's been playing hurt the majority of the year. Even BB has mentioned that he's had to sit out reps in practice because of the injuries. Everyone knows that isn't even close to normal for him. He hates giving up reps.

^This.

Me too.

The Buffalo game shows he’s still capable.

Draft another replacement option - competition for Stidham is a good thing.

1-2 more with Tom.

Could be. We should know by 11:30 Saturday night if he's still got it or if we've been watching his swan song all year.

He has reiterated recently that he still plans to play three more years.

See ya Brady. It was amazing and all, but, no one wants three more years of worse and worse and worse yet.

He has reiterated recently that he still plans to play three more years.

See ya Brady. It was amazing and all, but, no one wants three more years of worse and worse and worse yet.

But what if he plays great?

The year before Fivehead retired, he had the record for TD's...you have to think long term.

Well he fell off because they started testing for HGH. I still think a lot of Brady's issues is that most of his receiving corp he has played with about 3 months.

If losing Brady for Shaggy...no-brainer. Hit the reset button.

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

And I have to believe the OL will be addressed heavily.

BB lucked out on Trent Brown. Need to find these unicorns somehow...on their rookie contracts. Or, UDFA's. Yes...unicorns (extremely hard to find).

Vs. Miami, he had all day to throw and was missing wide open guys by five yards. Sorry fellas, he's cooked. Time to move on. Besides, do you really want to pay $25-$30MM a year for a 43 year old guy who is getting progressively worse every year? No thanks. Even if he wants to come back, I say no. it's time to move on.

Back