Looking at the Patriots - 2020

And I have to believe the OL will be addressed heavily.

Andrews will be back. As will Wynn and, I think, Thuney and Cannon. Shaq Masion will probably be a cap casualty, although so may Cannon.

If Andrews is back, I’m feeling pretty good about the O-line. They’ve played relatively well the last couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Andrews will be back. As will Wynn and, I think, Thuney and Cannon. Shaq Masion will probably be a cap casualty, although so may Cannon.

If Andrews is back, I’m feeling pretty good about the O-line. They’ve played relatively well the last couple of weeks.

Hopefully we get Devlin back, too.

Andrews has clots on his lungs. There’s no guarantee. Plus, he was undersized to begin with. Lack of training has surely shrunk him some. A year off late in your career is a huge red flag.

I’m not banking on him.

I’d trade back, get an extra 2 and 3. Go 2 Ts, C, and TE. Maybe fattie DL or LB with the last of the 1-3 rounders.

Andrews has clots on his lungs. There’s no guarantee. Plus, he was undersized to begin with. Lack of training has surely shrunk him some. A year off late in your career is a huge red flag.

I’m not banking on him.

Yep...he was very good. Need to replace him. He might be a really good understudy coach for Dante though!

Zack Lee

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 PM ----------

If there's ever a silver lining on Andrews career being ovah...he could very well be the next Dante!

The dew is smaht af and knows what he's doing.

If Andrews is back, I’m feeling pretty good about the O-line.
i always thought C was an anyone-can-fill-in position. I mean, except for Stork, look at the guys we had between Koppen and Andrews: Connoly, Wendell, I forget who else. They just filled in seamlessly.

Replacing andrews has been rough. Trying to replace him, that is.

This team needs Brady way more than he needs them. The coaching this season has been awful. Hopefully josh ends up coaching the jets next year. Belichicks ego is a major problem, and the drafting is awful. The whole staff should be embarrassed by this game plan for the Titans.

This team needs Brady way more than he needs them. The coaching this season has been awful. Hopefully josh ends up coaching the jets next year. Belichicks ego is a major problem, and the drafting is awful. The whole staff should be embarrassed by this game plan for the Titans.

The Tits were a bad matchup vs the Pats. The Pats current roster is terrible.

The off-season officially begins. Depending on the results of the Saints/Vikings game, the Pats will have the 23rd or 24th pick. There are many players entering free agency including DMac, Van Noy, Thuney, Shelton, Dorsett, Slater and, of course, Brady.

We're going to see a big roster turn-over and a true rebuilding year. It will be the most interesting off-season in a long time.

The off-season officially begins. Depending on the results of the Saints/Vikings game, the Pats will have the 23rd or 24th pick. There are many players entering free agency including DMac, Van Noy, Thuney, Shelton, Dorsett, Slater and, of course, Brady.

We're going to see a big roster turn-over and a true rebuilding year. It will be the most interesting off-season in a long time.

DMac says he wants to play, but he is going to have to take less. Van Noy sounds like he is seeking a paycheck, Thuney is going to get what he wants for pay, just not sure it will be here. I would like to have Shelton back, and I am not sure he would cost much. Dorsett probably wont be back. Slater is cheap, so if he wants to play he can. Not going to speculate on Brady, I'm in the dark on that one.

Julian [email]Edelman@Edelman11·13h
Pats Nation, thank you for your unparalleled support this year. We didn’t accomplish our goal this time, but we will come back focused and hungry. On to 2020.

ENi2iPIWoAYUYJt

DMac says he wants to play, but he is going to have to take less. Van Noy sounds like he is seeking a paycheck, Thuney is going to get what he wants for pay, just not sure it will be here. I would like to have Shelton back, and I am not sure he would cost much. Dorsett probably wont be back. Slater is cheap, so if he wants to play he can. Not going to speculate on Brady, I'm in the dark on that one.

I agree with this take. I fear paying KVN because I fear his success is more a factor of BB and how he used him. KVN could be the next Jamie Collins for some other team. It'd be nice to keep Thuney and Shelton but they need to figure out about Brady first; no Brady means they'll probably have money to keep those guys. Slater, my question is, at what age does HE fall off the cliff?

I think this team needs to move on from Brady, use the cap space on the OL and DL and see if they have something in Stidham. Paying $20-$30MM a year for a 43 year old QB on the decline will doom this franchise for years.

More proof Sony Michel pick was a colossal over reach:

This happens all the time!

Kids the yds per carry leader and the fastest clocked speed in the last 3 years. UDFA!

You can get RBs anywhere.
I agree with you but Breida's not the best example. Great skill but he's fragile and could never be a #1 RB. He always has some nagging injury slowing him down and causing him to miss games or parts of them. And anyone can run behind that line. Look at Mostert, he's basically a special teamer and looks like an all star when he needs to fill in. The line is so much more important than the RB running behind it. Which is why I think Dallas are idiots for paying Elliot.

I agree with you but Breida's not the best example. Great skill but he's fragile and could never be a #1 RB. He always has some nagging injury slowing him down and causing him to miss games or parts of them. And anyone can run behind that line. Look at Mostert, he's basically a special teamer and looks like an all star when he needs to fill in. The line is so much more important than the RB running behind it. Which is why I think Dallas are idiots for paying Elliot.

Sure, I agree. But Michel isn’t a 1 either. Yet we dropped a 1st on him. We’ve got a whole grouping better than Michel.

Think how much better we’d be with Dallas Goddart TE snagging balls with that catch radius and Michels carries going to Harris.

Building the oline up is one of the most important things that the Pats need...for the running game and to protect the qb.

Players aside, could the Pats withstand the loss of McDaniel, Judge and another coach? Is Scar on a year to year deal? Is he done?

Regarding players - I've heard someone say that Michel could be on the block. What about James White? Crazy talk but if Harris is his replacement, can they afford to use two roster spots for the same position? When Develin comes back, how does his presence affect the backfield? Bolden a goner? Burkhead?

Back