Looking at the Patriots - 2020

Pats released PS TE Paul Quessenberry yesterday. Pats still have room to add a player.

Last edited:
It's a testament to Dugger who seems to be the only rookie to get consistent playing time. Well other than Onwenu who's been an absolute stud.

BB has really bad wr scouts. In what world did he believe that Harry was better than AJ Brown?!?!

Harry will be out of the league after his contract in Foxboro is up. He is as bad as Dobson ever was.

BB has really bad wr scouts. In what world did he believe that Harry was better than AJ Brown?!?!

Harry will be out of the league after his contract in Foxboro is up. He is as bad as Dobson ever was.

I'm not ready to go as far as Dobson...yet. I still think coached up and used properly that Harry can become a productive WR. I never thought that about Dobson.

Here some weirdness.
Buffalo 4-1 Points for: 139 Points against 142
Patriots 2-3 Points for :109 Points against 110

Now the weird
Miami 3-3 Points for 160 Points against 113

Proper coaching for Harry?

Isn’t that supposed to be NE’s strength?
Hmmmmmm........

Harry is awful though, and it’s been obvious from the start of last season when they hid him on IR to buy him time. Brady was ignoring him because he’s not good.

Proper coaching for Harry?

Isn’t that supposed to be NE’s strength?
Hmmmmmm........

Harry is awful though, and it’s been obvious from the start of last season when they hid him on IR to buy him time. Brady was ignoring him because he’s not good.

Developing receivers hasn't been a strength of the Patriots for a long, long time.
Mitchell was a good route runner when he got here so I can't count him as a Patriots' coaching success.
Have to go back to the Deion Branch days to see WR development.
But Harry had a legit injury so I can't say he was being hidden. I'm not ready to give up on him; the Pats need to use him as a big slot and they're getting there finally. He was open a few times Sunday but Cam didn't see him - same with Jules and Byrd.

WRs in 2020
Edelman 20 catches, 36 targets, 302 yards, 0 TDs
Byrd 17 for 26, 217 yards, 0 TDs
Harry 18 for 30, 166 yards, 1 TD
Zuber 1 for 1, 16 yards, 0 TDs
Olszewski 1 for 1, 11 yards, 0 TDs
Meyers 1 for 1, 7 yards, 0 TDs

All WRs 58 for 95, 719 yards, 1 TD

SMH

WRs in 2020

SMH
Hey Chevvs, you may want to check out Michael Hurley on twitter he has some great GIFs of plays were Edelman and other receivers were open but Cam didn't see them or chose to go somewhere else. It was interesting to see. I think the poor production on offense was more on Cam and the Denver rush then our receivers/TEs stinking. Interested in your thoughts if you have time to check them out.

WRs in 2020

SMH
I know you like Harry and we talked about this before, but this is two years now where his completion pct on catches is hovering around 50% Is it something they are not doing with coaching. I know the cowboys are a mess, but I was watching
that trainwreck of a game last night and looking at Lamb and some of those shallow crosses and slants he ran are perfection. Literally the backs are leaving so much space he could be open on every play.

Back