Looking at the Patriots - 2020

Not too thrilled to read this.

Slater was critical of New England’s approach, saying the Patriots lacked a steely resolve and desire to compete:

So Gilmore supposedly listed his house up for sale... is there a reason why he would even be deemed tradeable? I don't get it.

So Gilmore supposedly listed his house up for sale... is there a reason why he would even be deemed tradeable? I don't get it.
Why is this even being discussed across the punditry? Is it really possible that he could be traded? It would want to be the mother of all deals to get him surely. I know he hasn't been stellar this season but who has?

Why is this even being discussed across the punditry? Is it really possible that he could be traded? It would want to be the mother of all deals to get him surely. I know he hasn't been stellar this season but who has?
Not unless the Patriots are dumping in a fire sale.

I hope if Gilmore does get traded. They get playmaker for Cam or Stidham. Secondary was supposed to be strength of defense

I hope if Gilmore does get traded. They get playmaker for Cam or Stidham. Secondary was supposed to be strength of defense
If they are trading him, its for the future, not the now. You dont trade away your best defender when you are trying to compete still.

$15M salary and we have plenty of DBs to take over. They have to be paid, too. JCJackson, JJones for example.
Plus don't forget that Gilmore held out before the season to get an extra $5M for this year. BB doesn't take kindly to that stuff. See Richard Seymour.

$15M salary and we have plenty of DBs to take over. They have to be paid, too. JCJackson, JJones for example.
Plus don't forget that Gilmore held out before the season to get an extra $5M for this year. BB doesn't take kindly to that stuff. See Richard Seymour.
Yeah that makes more sense, just not sure that will help things this year, but it will be good for years to come.

BB does have that long history of trading star players or starters. It's been mostly for high round picks . First time in hearing about holding out. I read after Ramsey deal . They gave him a 5 mill bump in pay.

If they are trading him, its for the future, not the now. You dont trade away your best defender when you are trying to compete still.
Gilmore is not our best CB this year though.

Yeah I can't tell. It looks Like Jackson is playing great, but its hard to tell with how the games have been going.
JC Jackson is 3rd ranked CB per PFF
JJones is 28th ranked.

Gilmore is 50th ranked.

I've given up hope on this staff drafting a good WR. There's a mountain of evidence that suggests it just isn't going to happen.
There is this little receiver from bowling green on Tampa, never heard of the guy, he got drafted last year in the 6th round. Guy looks like he just stepped off the farm. He is Brady's favorite weapon in Tampa right now. These guys exist out there, but sometimes its just luck. Its not like Harry was a 7th round graded receiver, he was drafted right where he should have been, but with that said, sometimes its finding the right receiver for an offense, and I am not sure he is that. He could still turn it around, but I am not sure he is a good fit.

Back