Looking at the Patriots - 2020

Yeah I read on Rotoworld this morning it was “bone on bone” wasn’t very specific after that.

I don’t think cam would look this bad with any other offense in the NFL. His top option wouldn’t make it out of training camp for some of the best teams in the league. He hasn’t been great, but what can you realistically expect?
No other team wanted Cam.

He was released in March. Carolina signed Teddy to replace him. The Chargers went with Tyrod Taylor. The Colts signed Rivers. Winston signed as a back up with the Saints. The Bears traded for Foles.
No one even wanted Cam as a back up. Bill signed him on June 28 at a bargain because no one wanted him. We pretty much got what we paid for.

Yeah. Cam was just a band-aid. I assume we will target someone in the draft next year and then start the rebuild. It is what it is. Every team goes through it eventually.

He was released in March. Carolina signed Teddy to replace him. The Chargers went with Tyrod Taylor. The Colts signed Rivers. Winston signed as a back up with the Saints. The Bears traded for Foles.
No one even wanted Cam as a back up. Bill signed him on June 28 at a bargain because no one wanted him. We pretty much got what we paid for.
Yeah but you're forgetting the effect Covid had on player visits in mid-March through mid-June and that he was coming off injury. He couldn't be given a physical; no team was certain he was healthy to play. He couldn't be brought in for a try out and doctors couldn't go examine him for teams. It was a tough situation for him. By the time Covid let up a little all the other teams had already signed their guys. Cam was left with no one but the Pats or he was waiting for an injury to a QB to create some demand.

I think that 2 week lay off set him back quite a bit. His foot mechanics and familiarity with the play book both suffered.
He said as much yesterday.

Scam only had one good year...2015.
Not by any definition. He had a very good rookie season, named to the Pro Bowl. He broke Peyton Manning's record of 3,739 yards passing for a rookie. In the game against the Saints, Newton became the first rookie quarterback to throw for 4,000 yards.

He has most player of the week awards in a single season, 5, tied with Tom Brady....

He's a good QB, he can get to that high level again if he can get back on track and stay injury free.

Yeah but you're forgetting the effect Covid had on player visits in mid-March through mid-June and that he was coming off injury. He couldn't be given a physical; no team was certain he was healthy to play. He couldn't be brought in for a try out and doctors couldn't go examine him for teams. It was a tough situation for him. By the time Covid let up a little all the other teams had already signed their guys. Cam was left with no one but the Pats or he was waiting for an injury to a QB to create some demand.
True. But he was posting videos showing he was healthy. No FAs had physicals and we're still signed even ones that had been injured. Cam's tenure in Carolina did not end well. It wasn't just his injuries but also his play. Literally no one wanted him even as a back up. I hated the signing because his game did not suit our offense and he can be a head case. Both of those things seem to be proving true. It was a last ditch signing by Bill because Stidham was not ready. I still can't believe Bill let our Qb situation get this dire knowing he was not extending Brady.

It’s pretty rare a power running QB who’s missed almost two years due to injuries, who’s over the age of 30, to come to a team with the worst offense in the league outside of the QB position and be successful.
Not to mention that josh is terrible at calling plays. I can’t wait for era of coaching staff to be over. Please do not let josh be Bills successor.

Boy, Bill seems a bit more open this year between that and his comments on the Edelman injury.

Back