Looking at the Patriots - 2021

This is not correct.

Brady started every game in his junior and senior years. Henson was given a chance to play in many of those games, but he never took Brady's job.

From Wikipedia:
Lloyd Carr did everything he could to have 'the golden boy' Henson win the starting job but Brady would have none it. The threat was always there for Brady. It made Brady insecure but it also taught him to respond to a challenge properly. Years later Brady responded again when BB drafted JimmyG. The fire was relit.
Thanks. Absolutely not the way it is in my memory banks, but there you go. This makes a lot more sense to me. Appreciate the correction :toast:

There is a lot of JCJ hate the last couple of days. When the D line can't get pressure and you have slow LBs and not much help in the secondary (the second best player was wearing a club on his hand), I am not getting it. I would pay JCJ and let Devin and Donte walk. Isiah Wynn is fully guaranteed so he will be here barring a trade. In this case we probably can not afford to keep Trent Brown, much as I want to. Hopefully Wade, Jon Jones and a draft pick will solidify the CB position. 1 pick on the LB position. 1 pick on OT. And definitely a DT.
I don't hate him...but, he wasn't playing well as of late.

I'm being hard on Jackson because he whiffed on more than a few plays over the past 5 weeks. Against the Bills after the bye, Jackson whiffed on 3 tackles, one was a 4th and 1 and Jackson whiffed on the tackle and let Josh Allen run which extended the play and eventually the game clinching TD. Joejuan Williams got beat by the 200 year Emmanual Sanders. Maybe move him to FS, see how does there because he is a terrible CB. Right now he has been a complete waste of a second round pick.

He got smoked by Knox. But to be fair, Dugger, Williams ( who was terrible) and Phillips were even worse. They let Dawson run all over them, the entire secondary got torched. Judon the last 5 weeks was just bad and Allen juked him for a big run. Van Noy was supposed to be the spy on Allen, he failed miserably. The DL couldn't get any pressure and couldn't stop the run 26 carries for 176 and 2 TD's to a (imo) subpar RB in Singletary.
This

Bill doesn't pay for past performance he pays for projected performance.

He paid Gilmour in his prime, and declined to pay him when he was past his prime.

He'll pay JC.

I agree he will if he can find a way

Could we be going after Calvin Ridley? Anyone?
Ridley would have to have a cheap asking price.
Why pay 11 million for a one year player when you'd want a young player to grow with Mac.
Plus the concerns with his mental state.

In a best case scenario, the Pats draft a WR that impacts the team straight away.

Personally I"d prefer to see the defense prioritized in terms of draft picks. Defense needs new energy/ attitude.

Back