Looking at the Patriots - 2021

I forgot about Grogan being benched. Eason never should have started the Bears defense ruined him forever. I forgot about Flutie as well, he got his redemption (sort of) in Buffalo then got screwed over for Rob Johnson.
Bishop though? I mean he was the back up to the back up. Damon Huard was on the depth chart ahead of Bishop. Everyone was enamored by Bishop because he was mobile but he wasn't a good QB imo.
I was being sarcastic about Bishop, except for the being famous part. He was half of internet fandom's favorite player.

I was being sarcastic about Bishop, except for the being famous part. He was half of internet fandom's favorite player.
I remember after the 2008 season many NE fans on the Pats MB, wanted Brady traded and to keep Cassel as the starting QB because he was young and Brady was "past his prime"..lmao That's why we're fans and not coaches or GM's thankfully.

I remember after the 2008 season many NE fans on the Pats MB, wanted Brady traded and to keep Cassel as the starting QB because he was young and Brady was "past his prime"..lmao That's why we're fans and not coaches or GM's thankfully.
I don't remember anyone ever wanting Cassel over Brady, or anyone who thought Brady was past his prime the year after he went 16-0. Did you mean wanting JimmyG in 2014?

I don't remember anyone ever wanting Cassel over Brady, or anyone who thought Brady was past his prime the year after he went 16-0. Did you mean wanting JimmyG in 2014?
all i remember is being nervous about how he'd come back from the acl and that they didn't keep cassel as a backup.

I remember thinking Pats got absolutely hosed by letting Cassel go for a 2nd rounder. Turns out the Chiefs were the ones that got hosed... although he did lead them to the playoffs that following season for what it's worth.

Yards given up though...
The Panthers, Bills, Broncos and Eagles defenses are real.
The Patriots will get better & be up there with them soon. IMO

E_vnXckXsAI-lr6

The Chiefs? 469 yds/game.

“Brian’s done a great job for us in every area,” Belichick said one day after the Patriots routed the New York Jets 25-6 for Jones’ first NFL win. “He obviously knows the offense better than anyone — any other player or quarterback — so that’s a big help when executing the play. There’s the coaching version of it, and then as a player, there’s kind of the execution of it — the little things that you remind yourself as a player that a coach sometimes doesn’t.

“It’s just different when you’re a player and executing the play and a coach trying to explain the play, and I think Brian adds a lot of good insight to that and how other teams defensively do things, because they’re all different.”

This was on the Pats official MB back in 2008-2009. many thought Brady was done and wanted Cassel.

The New England Patriots hosted a handful of free agents for workouts Tuesday, including quarterback Anthony Gordon.

Gordon was a prolific passer at Washington State, throwing for 5,579 yards and 48 touchdowns as a senior in 2019. He went undrafted in the 2020 NFL Draft and has spent time with the Seattle Seahawks and Kansas City Chiefs, though only during the offseason and preseason. The Chiefs waived him Aug. 23.

The Patriots currently have quarterbacks Mac Jones and Brian Hoyer on their 53-man roster, Garrett Gilbert on their practice squad and Jarrett Stidham on the physically unable to perform list. Stidham is eligible to return in Week 7.

Also taking free agent workouts with the Patriots on Tuesday were wide receivers Javon Wims and Jaylen Smith and defensive backs Kentrell Brice, Shakur Brown and Grant Haley.

Wims caught 28 passes on 56 targets for 266 yards and two touchdowns over three seasons with the Chicago Bears, with a career-best 18-186-1 line in 2019.

Brice appeared in 36 games for the Green Bay Packers but has not played a regular-season snap since 2018. Haley played 25 games for the New York Giants before making a one-game cameo with the New Orleans Saints last season.

Smith and Haley have yet to appear in regular-season NFL games.

The New England Patriots hosted a handful of free agents for workouts Tuesday, including quarterback Anthony Gordon.

Gordon was a prolific passer at Washington State, throwing for 5,579 yards and 48 touchdowns as a senior in 2019. He went undrafted in the 2020 NFL Draft and has spent time with the Seattle Seahawks and Kansas City Chiefs, though only during the offseason and preseason. The Chiefs waived him Aug. 23.

The Patriots currently have quarterbacks Mac Jones and Brian Hoyer on their 53-man roster, Garrett Gilbert on their practice squad and Jarrett Stidham on the physically unable to perform list. Stidham is eligible to return in Week 7.

Also taking free agent workouts with the Patriots on Tuesday were wide receivers Javon Wims and Jaylen Smith and defensive backs Kentrell Brice, Shakur Brown and Grant Haley.

Wims caught 28 passes on 56 targets for 266 yards and two touchdowns over three seasons with the Chicago Bears, with a career-best 18-186-1 line in 2019.

Brice appeared in 36 games for the Green Bay Packers but has not played a regular-season snap since 2018. Haley played 25 games for the New York Giants before making a one-game cameo with the New Orleans Saints last season.

The Pats signed C Drake Jackson to the PS.

Javon Wims in action as a Bears' player. smh

View: https://twitter.com/GuyBostonSports/status/1440453341385936914

Back