Looking at the Patriots - 2021

I thought it would have been larger between the two.

I just ran the points scored and the Pats had 115 points scored with Cam through 6 but of course Cam did not play week 3 at KC.
The Pats this year have scored 125. So only a 10 point difference which is probably a wash really if Cam played KC.

Turnovers:
2021: 11
2020: 10
fact is Mac is 6 games into his career and Cam is washed up. So even if things look equal which they are not, We are in a lot better shape going forward. The reason it seems bad is because it would have been nice for this to be last year!

fact is Mac is 6 games into his career and Cam is washed up. So even if things look equal which they are not, We are in a lot better shape going forward. The reason it seems bad is because it would have been nice for this to be last year!
Believe me, I am LAST person that would ever want Cam back as the starter. I didn't want him last year either which everyone knows BUT that being said, this offense is not performing much better than last year. Some stats are up, some are down but the record is the exact same - 2-4.

Mac is a rookie and rookies don't win in the NFL except for a rare few so I don't chalk that up to him necessarily as this team was supposed to be better everywhere else to support him and it just isn't. That $165 mil guaranteed looks like it was terribly mis-spent. We will see how the rest of the season plays out but Mac/Cam are neck in neck in terms of production even though IMO the offense looks smoother with Mac so that only leaves the rest of the roster or the coaching or most likely both.

I would not call playing the Browns, Panthers, Chargers, Bills twice, Colts and Miami with Watson as their potential QB easier than our first 6.
Most were expecting wins vs the Fins, Jets, Houston and the Saints and then losses to the Bucs and Cowboys. We went 2-4. None of our remaining games are easy, even both the Falcons and Jags can put up points.

Believe me, I am LAST person that would ever want Cam back as the starter. I didn't want him last year either which everyone knows BUT that being said, this offense is not performing much better than last year. Some stats are up, some are down but the record is the exact same - 2-4.

Mac is a rookie and rookies don't win in the NFL except for a rare few so I don't chalk that up to him necessarily as this team was supposed to be better everywhere else to support him and it just isn't. That $165 mil guaranteed looks like it was terribly mis-spent. We will see how the rest of the season plays out but Mac/Cam are neck in neck in terms of production even though IMO the offense looks smoother with Mac so that only leaves the rest of the roster or the coaching or most likely both
The only thing correct there, is nothing

Last edited:
They're positives Jones , Myers, Harris & bourne are improving on offense. I just think with BB is treating this like a rebuilding year. All the conservative play calling. Maybe The O-line will improve with Onwenu going back to RT.

They're positives Jones , Myers, Harris & bourne are improving on offense. I just think with BB is treating this like a rebuilding year. All the conservative play calling. Maybe The O-line will improve with Onwenu going back to RT.
You forgot Henry and even a flash from Stevenson. Jonnu Smith has been more or less invisible.

Agholor needs to pick it up, too.

Not sure who's been more disappointing, Agholor or Jonnu Smith. I guess we can't go wrong with either. Both seem to have a serious case of the dropsies. Mac might not even trust Jonnu at this point.

To me it confirms that Cam was chastised unfairly considering the state of the team. He did as much as he could given the circumstances. On the other hand, it tells me that Mac outplayed a veteran, which is what happened in training camp, too.
I think more, it shows how relatively well Newton played before he 'totally didn't get Covid'.

I don't live in a fantasy world where I think Pats are still contenders. They are what the record says they are. There is some good to these performances unless you expect Pats to steamroll everyone like they have in years' past, which seems to be the issue with a lot of fans. This team is improving despite the losses, if you choose to not see that and be doom and gloom that's your prerogative.

In fact if you read my post instead of just reacting to it, you'll see I'm also criticizing the team, we just happen to disagree on what the biggest issue is apparently.
My god, this.

I don't live in a fantasy world where I think Pats are still contenders. They are what the record says they are. There is some good to these performances unless you expect Pats to steamroll everyone like they have in years' past, which seems to be the issue with a lot of fans. This team is improving despite the losses, if you choose to not see that and be doom and gloom that's your prerogative.

In fact if you read my post instead of just reacting to it, you'll see I'm also criticizing the team, we just happen to disagree on what the biggest issue is apparently.
I always enjoy your posts. You have a lot of balance in your analysis. You lean more positive which is fine. Differing viewpoints is what makes for a good forum IMO.

Bill Belichick had some serious praise for Damien Harris this morning, saying he's earned "a ton of respect" from Patriots coaches and teammates. "You get it from day-after-day, consistent performance and dedication, and he’s the poster boy for that."

Lots of Richard Seymour talk at Bill Belichick's press conference today. Says "He was certainly the most disruptive player. (in the early 2000's) That's why he'll be in the Patriots Hall of Fame (tomorrow), and probably eventually the (Pro Football) Hall of Famer, hopefully this year."
So what trait made Seymour so special? Bill Belichick: "Everything."

Then BB listed the starters on the 2001 punt return team straight from memory. Just another Friday presser.

Last edited:
Bill Belichick had some serious praise for Damien Harris this morning, saying he's earned "a ton of respect" from Patriots coaches and teammates. "You get it from day-after-day, consistent performance and dedication, and he’s the poster boy for that."

Lots of Richard Seymour talk at Bill Belichick's press conference today. Says "He was certainly the most disruptive player. (in the early 2000's) That's why he'll be in the Patriots Hall of Fame (tomorrow), and probably eventually the (Pro Football) Hall of Famer, hopefully this year."
So what trait made Seymour so special? Bill Belichick: "Everything."

Then BB listed the starters on the 2001 punt return team straight from memory. Just another Friday presser.
Good to hear and I kind feel bad for the kid because he runs hard and clearly wants to do the right thing. He made one mistake with that fumble vs Miami and yes, the "fumble" in Houston even though it was a TD.

So, good for him for getting a little push publicly. Hopefully, some other guys can get the justification for such public compliments from BB here soon.

Back