Looking at the Patriots - 2021

Hawg73

Mediocre with flashes of brilliance
Reaction score
What about us poor slobs in out of team markets.

My local team is the NFC (and NFL) basement Lions.

UNFAIR!

Tonight my wife asked me why the Lions are on every Thanksgiving. I told her I'd look it up, but I do know that the amount of Americans that have
fallen asleep on the couch watching the Lions over the years would be a number followed by one hell of a lot of zeros.

I mean, staying in the game on Thanksgiving until halftime or so is their Super Bowl. It's sad, really, but this year we have a chance to pull for the Bills
to lose to the Saints, so.......we've got that going.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Tonight my wife asked me why the Lions are on every Thanksgiving. I told her I'd look it up, but I do know that the amount of Americans that have
fallen asleep on the couch watching the Lions over the years would be a number followed by one hell of a lot of zeros.

I mean, staying in the game on Thanksgiving until halftime or so is their Super Bowl. It's sad, really, but this year we have a chance to pull for the Bills
to lose to the Saints, so.......we've got that going.

I have been to my fair share of Thanksgiving games here in Detroit since coming here in 1991 including a Patriots game a few years back with the wife and the kids. We were blessed for that game to have the Cadillac (GM) games passes (yes, at Ford Field). Always a great time. Almost always a Lions loss.

Always sold out. Seriously, if you saw the Lions faithful you might consider them the best fans in football.

The sorry bastards.

sg14

Reaction score
Alaska beat you in a pissing match. Geography aside though, Eh?

The north is cold either way...unless you're in the Pacific NorthWest.
A friend of mine who grew up in Montana said " My mom claims she has never been so cold as a winter's day in Seattle."
A wet cold that just goes through you.

TommyD420

Meet the New Boss. Same as the Old Boss.
Reaction score

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
Boomer is enthusiastic about this Patriots team and the coaching job by BB (and McD) this year.
Cowher thinks BB will be and should be coach of the year.
If the Pats stay healthy they have as good a chance as anyone at the SB title.
Joe Judge says the Belichick-Brady era was 100% on Bill Belichick...that BB would have won with almost any decent QB he stuck in at the position.

Last edited:

chevss454

Reaction score
Patriots videos are popping up left and right on YouTube as everyone is recognizing their superior performances.

The Athletic’s Matthew Fairburn joins Phil Perry to discuss what’s wrong with the Bills and why Mac Jones and the Patriots are good enough

Willie talks about Matthew Judon - starts at 3:30

Mike Florio and Peter King explore the Patriots' potential for the remainder of the season, dissecting how their versatile defense and growth from Mac Jones has set them up to return to contender status

Matt Light compares the early careers of Mac Jones to Tom Brady. It gets better as the video goes on and Matt brings Belichick into the equation.

Last edited:

TipRoast

Recall all the dreams that you once used to know
Reaction score
A maze of twisting little passages, all different
Boomer is enthusiastic about this Patriots team and the coaching job by BB (and McD) this year.
Cowher thinks BB will be and should be coach of the year.
If the Pats stay healthy they have as good a chance as anyone at the SB title.
Joe Judge says the Belichick-Brady era was 100% on Bill Belichick...that BB would have won with almost any decent QB he stuck in at the position.

Way back in 2001, after the regular season game with the Rams, Boomer was the first person in the media who thought the Patriots could run the table and get the second seed.

Ever since, I've given credence to his opinions.

chevss454

Reaction score
Monson thinks the Pats win top seed in the AFC. (The Bills match up poorly with the Pats.)
Vs the Titans, Palazzolo to Monson, "Just pick the Pats, Man!" Monson picked the Pats to win covering the spead.

PFF's own Steve Palazzolo and Sam Monson preview every game in the week 12 slate of NFL games.
0:00 - Intro
18:15 - Bears vs Lions preview
25:40 - Raiders vs Cowboys preview
31:30 - Bills vs Saints preview
41:40 - Titans vs Pats preview
51:45 - Bucs vs Colts preview
1:05:20 - Packers vs Rams preview
1:15:30 - Browns vs Ravens preview
1:23:00 - Vikings vs 49ers preview
1:33:40 - Broncos vs Chargers preview
1:39:30 - Eagles vs Giants preview
1:48:20 - Steelers vs Bengals preview