Looking at the Patriots - 2021

The last time the Pats won 4 games in the month of November was 2004. We can do it again tomorrow!
Wow. Never would have guessed that. Must have been a Bye week in 2007 in November somewhere.

Last edited:
Thank you BB

When the Pro Football Hall of Fame named its semifinalists for the Class of 2022, Patriots coach Bill Belichick was glad to see two of his players, Vince Wilfork and Richard Seymour, on the list. But Belichick also questioned how the Hall of Fame voters pick the candidates, and said one particular name was notable for its absence.

That name was Rodney Harrison, who Belichick says is very worthy of a bust in Canton.

“Hall of Fame’s out of my control, and since there’s no criteria for the Hall of Fame, it’s really hard to even have a conversation about it,” Belichick said. “Because they’re not basing it on anything. It’s your opinion of a great player, my opinion of a great player, someone else’s opinion of a great player, I don’t know what that means. Is it how many years they played? How many All-Pros they had? How many championships they won? Is it individual stats? You can make it whatever you want to make it. So there’s no criteria. You can make a case for everybody and ultimately the voters have to decide.”

Belichick called Wilfork and Seymour “the two best defensive linemen that I’ve coached” and added, “In my Hall of Fame, those two guys are there without a doubt.” But Belichick is clearly frustrated that Harrison isn’t even a semifinalist.

“I think that Rodney Harrison, 100 percent,” Belichick said. “I’ve coached some of the other safeties that have been enshrined in the Hall of Fame, and not taking anything away from them, but certainly Rodney Harrison belongs in that conversation, and he belongs in the conversation with other players that are already there.”

Harrison won’t get into the Hall of Fame in 2022, but he has a very strong recommendation from his future Hall of Fame coach.

Thank you BB

When the Pro Football Hall of Fame named its semifinalists for the Class of 2022, Patriots coach Bill Belichick was glad to see two of his players, Vince Wilfork and Richard Seymour, on the list. But Belichick also questioned how the Hall of Fame voters pick the candidates, and said one particular name was notable for its absence.

That name was Rodney Harrison, who Belichick says is very worthy of a bust in Canton.

“Hall of Fame’s out of my control, and since there’s no criteria for the Hall of Fame, it’s really hard to even have a conversation about it,” Belichick said. “Because they’re not basing it on anything. It’s your opinion of a great player, my opinion of a great player, someone else’s opinion of a great player, I don’t know what that means. Is it how many years they played? How many All-Pros they had? How many championships they won? Is it individual stats? You can make it whatever you want to make it. So there’s no criteria. You can make a case for everybody and ultimately the voters have to decide.”

Belichick called Wilfork and Seymour “the two best defensive linemen that I’ve coached” and added, “In my Hall of Fame, those two guys are there without a doubt.” But Belichick is clearly frustrated that Harrison isn’t even a semifinalist.

“I think that Rodney Harrison, 100 percent,” Belichick said. “I’ve coached some of the other safeties that have been enshrined in the Hall of Fame, and not taking anything away from them, but certainly Rodney Harrison belongs in that conversation, and he belongs in the conversation with other players that are already there.”

Harrison won’t get into the Hall of Fame in 2022, but he has a very strong recommendation from his future Hall of Fame coach.
Petty writers in football and baseball demean the Halls of Fame in each sport. It’s shameful.

Thank you BB

As good as Wilfork and Seymour were at times in their respective careers (You can make the case each were one of the top 3 if not the best defensive players in the league over a couple of seasons time), Rodney Harrison is better than both of them.

Any pro football hall of fame that includes Terrell Davis and Joe Namath and NOT Rodney Harrison is a fucking joke. :coffee:

i seriously think some of these guys doing post nfl media is to show dumbass sportswriters etc.who vote how wrong they are about them. i.e. moss, rodney, etc. randy and rodney were never huge fans of the media when they were playing due to some of the dumb crap that was/they felt was written about them, i'm sure.

As good as Wilfork and Seymour were at times in their respective careers (You can make the case each were one of the top 3 if not the best defensive players in the league over a couple of seasons time), Rodney Harrison is better than both of them.

Any pro football hall of fame that includes Terrell Davis and Joe Namath and NOT Rodney Harrison is a fucking joke. :coffee:
Finally BB said something. Dawkins and Lynch being in is a joke if Harrison is not. He was better than both and the ultimate gamer.

Only Safety with 30 ints and 30 sacks and somehow it’s not more impressive, with multiple rings, than those two.

Seymour and Vince go in next as as well.

Tired of this shit.

Last edited:

Still the only Patriots jersey I own. Well worn too.

Peter King on Harrison today in FMIA.

6. I think Belichick’s point was about believing that Rodney Harrison deserves to be in the Hall. Harrison is certainly a good candidate. But the sum total of two first-team all-pros and two Pro Bowl berths in a 15-year career doesn’t help Harrison’s cause. His two Super Bowl rings help, and his excellent play in big games (particularly against the Colts) in his six New England years helps. Every defensive back who’s a contender can point to numbers in his favor—safety LeRoy Butler’s five first-team all pros, for instance, or versatile corner Ronde Barber’s 47 interceptions and 28 sacks—just as Belichick can point to Harrison having more than 30 sacks and picks in his career, and being a great contributor on a championship team. It’s possible that his low award count is because among many of his peers, Harrison was an unpopular player; he was a brutally effective safety, and some foes thought he was a cheap-shot guy. Could they have withheld Pro Bowl votes, and could the media have withheld all-pro votes, because they objected to his style of play? Possible. To me, Hall of Fame candidacy at most positions should be influenced by numbers and awards, but as the late Paul Zimmerman used to preach, “You watched this guy play. Is he a Hall of Famer? Was he truly one of the greats of his day?” I realize that leads to great subjectivity, but I see no way around it. And I believe Harrison is definitely in league with, say, Butler and Darren Woodson, two other prime candidates, even with the poor award numbers. In games I watched, Harrison tilted the field at safety. (Editor’s note: Harrison is an analyst on NBC’s Football Night In America.)

The bottom line is every coach, every fan base, can point to two or so players who aren’t in the Hall and pound fists on the table over them. If Belichick never coached Rodney Harrison, would he be advancing his cause? I doubt it.

I have to say, the banana skin for me again in the schedule is that damn Miami game. They have a tendency to screw us late in the season and every game is now crucial as to where we'll end up in the playoffs.

Buffalo don't worry me as much as that Miami game in Miami. And they're playing better football now as well.

Back