Looking at the Patriots - 2021

Harrison is so good that Bill Belichick, who has a decent handle on player's skill and value, decided to cut a 4-time pro bowler outright to make room for him. :coffee:
No, Harrison was signed in March, very early in the offseason. Milloy was cut just before the season. I remember Milloy saying he was disappointed by Milloy got cut because he wanted to play with him. What a Big Nickel that would have been: Milloy, Harrison, Eugene Wilson!

Winning the AFC East, and a playoff win. If we win the division, shows the Patriots are still around. If we get to the Playoffs and Mac Jones shows he can handle the big time and win a playoff game, that shows the future is bright. Anything on top of that is gravy. Also, check this out as of yesterday:

View attachment 8183

Not saying it would be needed to have the season be a successful one, but it sure would be cool.

Do you remember which website that's from?

The more I see of these behind the scenes videos, the more I think that David Andrews is a key man of this team on and off the field. He’s a real leader and thank god he recovered his health to come back and play.

I'm still waiting for Agholor to break out. I didn't expect much and he's delivered exactly that...not much.
Agholor may end up like the next Ochocinco, loads of talent just not made for our team. The learning curve may be steeper. But I am willing to give him time to develop more because he is more of luxury than he is a necessity at this point.

Agholor may end up like the next Ochocinco, loads of talent just not made for our team. The learning curve may be steeper. But I am willing to give him time to develop more because he is more of luxury than he is a necessity at this point.
This is way off, IMO. Ochocinco didn't dig into the playbook and didn't do anything all year. Agholor is helping them win games every week. Our football world is way to fantasy driven. Go look at David Patten's annual numbers, for example. His highest receiving year was 61 catches. His highest TD year was 7.

Right now, Agholor has 32 receptions, 461 yards, with 3 TDs right now. There is simply nothing wrong with this production for a new WR in new system with a rookie QB.

The more I see of these behind the scenes videos, the more I think that David Andrews is a key man of this team on and off the field. He’s a real leader and thank god he recovered his health to come back and play.
I just love how giddy he's getting. No doubt, it's awesome to watch.

"No one wants to play for BB"

"Brady made BB"

"BB can't draft or acquire talent"

This is way off, IMO. Ochocinco didn't dig into the playbook and didn't do anything all year. Agholor is helping them win games every week. Our football world is way to fantasy driven. Go look at David Patten's annual numbers, for example. His highest receiving year was 61 catches. His highest TD year was 7.

Right now, Agholor has 32 receptions, 461 yards, with 3 TDs right now. There is simply nothing wrong with this production for a new WR in new system with a rookie QB.
You're correct, my mistake. He has been productive far more productive than CJ ever was. Agholor will get better, it's just taking him a bit more time. I am confident he will be even more productive next season.

I just love how giddy he's getting. No doubt, it's awesome to watch.

"No one wants to play for BB"

"Brady made BB"

"BB can't draft or acquire talent"
The latest locker room celebration, I loved seeing BB joking around with KB imitating doing a stiff arm to KB. It shows a human side to BB that we rarely get to see and it shows the team really does have so much respect for him and vice versa.

You're correct, my mistake. He has been productive far more productive than CJ ever was. Agholor will get better, it's just taking him a bit more time. I am confident he will be even more productive next season.
I think there is a tick of the idea there are only so many balls and targets to go around with a run-first style 21 formation offense like in the early Brady years, as opposed to the 2007-2012, throw it 45 times a game thing.

If our RBs are getting 20 carries a game, there are only so many pass attempts to be had.

For example, Brandon Lloyd caught 74 balls for like 740 yards and 4 TDs and people thought he didn't produce as Brady's 4th preferred option that year.

As long as Agholor runs good routes out of the entire tree, has a good catch/target yield, and is consistent, he can be a player just because no defense can really pinpoint a Mac binky. I just love the idea he has no favorite target. It's so refreshing.

I'd love to see more of the fade stuff to Bourne like we saw with Agholor or the long awaited "out and up" look like Patten would do in the red zone, but use Agholor for it. We don't do it, it's not on film, so when you need a TD, try it.

I think there is a tick of the idea there are only so many balls and targets to go around with a run-first style 21 formation offense like in the early Brady years, as opposed to the 2007-2012, throw it 45 times a game thing.

If our RBs are getting 20 carries a game, there are only so many pass attempts to be had.

For example, Brandon Lloyd caught 74 balls for like 740 yards and 4 TDs and people thought he didn't produce as Brady's 4th preferred option that year.

As long as Agholor runs good routes out of the entire tree, has a good catch/target yield, and is consistent, he can be a player just because no defense can really pinpoint a Mac binky. I just love the idea he has no favorite target. It's so refreshing.

I'd love to see more of the fade stuff to Bourne like we saw with Agholor or the long awaited "out and up" look like Patten would do in the red zone, but use Agholor for it. We don't do it, it's not on film, so when you need a TD, try it.
Our RZ has been better as of late. But I agree if the out and up gives another option to possibly score, then I say we try it.

Him & Smith are highest paid & least productive so far . We only seen flashes from Agholar. I love to see a little consistency from him.
I am chalking it up to a learning curve. It may not happen this year, but I think Smith and Agholor have done enough to show they are at least learning the plays, it may just take them longer. Next season we should hopefully see them improve.

Back