Looking at the Patriots - 2021

no the 2000-2001 was better(they had 5 wins in 2000...5! No big money spending just brought in a bunch of budget free agents, took a first year starter to the lombardi. this is very close but not quite as good imho
This presumes the 2001 team played better than 2021 and I don't think that was the case. That they won the Superbowl does not mean they were the best playing team, unless you think the best team of 2007 was the Giants. IMO this year's team is far superior to 2001.

Also, first year starter is not close to rookie. That is the real reason comparing Jones performance to Brady can't really be done. Manning was 3 - 13 his rookie year and 13-3 the second year. Rookie year is unique. Brady had a year of scout teamwork, of mental reps, of quarterback room meetings, and the second preseason to build on a year of work. I love Brady but he did not play as a rookie and first year starter is not the same.

96b5a25a2c66d1ea19cb18b5385be3d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That. Is. Awesome.

In 2000 the pats started the Season without a full 53 on the roster per BB I don't even have that many players that belong in the NFL...the 2000 team was bad worse than last year and that was with Drew as qb...

I think 2001 was and is still the greatest coaching/gm single season in NFL history. 2001 also had a super team in its way, there is no Rams team right now in the NFL. There was also no myth of BB yet for the player to believe in like there is now.

This 2021 team is remarkable and I think it's clearly working to be 2nd best, but it's not 2001
Yes, 2001 was indeed Baby's best coaching session, exactly because 2001 was not his best team. It's clear that BB loves this team, w which of why he might not be coach of the year - he has an incredible team.

Per Next Gen Stats these are the RBs that face the highest % of 8 men in the box. Stevenson --> 41/100 runs with 8+ in the box.
That's a higher percentage than any other RB.
(the TLOS column is time behind the line of scrimmage, and the eff number, you want lower, is how much of a north/south runner they are)

FGIqd5nXsAEIJ2O

In 2000 the pats started the Season without a full 53 on the roster per BB I don't even have that many players that belong in the NFL...the 2000 team was bad worse than last year and that was with Drew as qb...

I think 2001 was and is still the greatest coaching/gm single season in NFL history. 2001 also had a super team in its way, there is no Rams team right now in the NFL. There was also no myth of BB yet for the player to believe in like there is now.

This 2021 team is remarkable and I think it's clearly working to be 2nd best, but it's not 2001
I think that's true and I think it's because BB just arrived. At least with this, there is an established machine here of sorts. The luck is Mac dropping to 15 in the draft. Of course, haters will claim all of this is luck.

With every passing game, you start to realize what David Andrews means to this team.
Undrafted 2015. Shame on me for thinking he might be cut when I saw Akiem Hicks dominate his ass at scrimmages vs the Saints at the Greenbrier in August of 2015. Said it for years, probably the best Center in football and no one says anything.

"BB can't draft"

"No one wants to play for BB" (he was a FA this year)

Some of BB's biggest FA signings this year were his OWN.

no the 2000-2001 was better(they had 5 wins in 2000...5! No big money spending just brought in a bunch of budget free agents, took a first year starter to the lombardi. this is very close but not quite as good imho
Obviously it's not exactly the same, but, it's very close though.

Per Next Gen Stats these are the RBs that face the highest % of 8 men in the box. Stevenson --> 41/100 runs with 8+ in the box.
(the TLOS column is time behind the line of scrimmage, and the eff number, you want lower, is how much of a north/south runner they are)

FGIqd5nXsAEIJ2O
Meaning that they need to get Mondre involved in the passing game?

Mongo's nephew is blocking for the beast Mondre, that's karma.

I'll let myself out.

FGIqd5nXsAEIJ2O
His teammate is a few positions down further too...

Just imagine if Sony was still in NE and White not hurt. This would have been a killing machine. Just imagine...

Back