Looking at the Patriots - 2021

TipRoast

Recall all the dreams that you once used to know
Reaction score
A maze of twisting little passages, all different
He could barely get on the field at Michigan, getting chances but losing his job to Drew Henson.
This is not correct.

Brady started every game in his junior and senior years. Henson was given a chance to play in many of those games, but he never took Brady's job.

From Wikipedia:
Under Michigan head coach Lloyd Carr, Brady battled for the starting job with Drew Henson[42] and ultimately started every game in the 1998 and 1999 seasons. Brady was All-Big Ten honorable mention both seasons, and was the team captain in his senior year.

Last edited:

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
This is not correct.

Brady started every game in his junior and senior years. Henson was given a chance to play in many of those games, but he never took Brady's job.

From Wikipedia:
Lloyd Carr did everything he could to have 'the golden boy' Henson win the starting job but Brady would have none it. The threat was always there for Brady. It made Brady insecure but it also taught him to respond to a challenge properly. Years later Brady responded again when BB drafted JimmyG. The fire was relit.

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score

1970Dart

Reaction score

sg14

Reaction score
Why wouldn't BB pay him? He paid Gilmore and made him the highest paid DB in the league at that time. If BB feels he's worth it, he'll pay him.
I'm thinking that BB wants to spend money on cheaper players at multiple locations.
And have heard from two sources that JC made some business decisions while playing Saturday night.

Big/Sky/Fly

We're All In This Psyop Together...
Reaction score
I'm thinking that BB wants to spend money on cheaper players at multiple locations.
And have heard from two sources that JC made some business decisions while playing Saturday night.
If you meant losing $ on your next contract because you were terrible playing that game on Saturday night...I agree!

foobahl

Reaction score
There is a lot of JCJ hate the last couple of days. When the D line can't get pressure and you have slow LBs and not much help in the secondary (the second best player was wearing a club on his hand), I am not getting it. I would pay JCJ and let Devin and Donte walk. Isiah Wynn is fully guaranteed so he will be here barring a trade. In this case we probably can not afford to keep Trent Brown, much as I want to. Hopefully Wade, Jon Jones and a draft pick will solidify the CB position. 1 pick on the LB position. 1 pick on OT. And definitely a DT.

Mazz22

Age 44 and STILL playing like a champ
Reaction score
There is a lot of JCJ hate the last couple of days. When the D line can't get pressure and you have slow LBs and not much help in the secondary (the second best player was wearing a club on his hand), I am not getting it. I would pay JCJ and let Devin and Donte walk. Isiah Wynn is fully guaranteed so he will be here barring a trade. In this case we probably can not afford to keep Trent Brown, much as I want to. Hopefully Wade, Jon Jones and a draft pick will solidify the CB position. 1 pick on the LB position. 1 pick on OT. And definitely a DT.
People who have watched the game film, say Jackson completely dogged it all game. Don't know if he was just unhappy with the game plan or what but that is a terrible note to go out on in a playoff game. I am with you that the Pats need to either tag him or sign him. I think the latter probably does not happen but the tag would at least buy another year. Without him next year, the defense will really struggle.

SkiptoMyLou

Mac Attack!
Reaction score

I wouldn't even single him out considering how bad the defense was in general. He was hung out to dry as he was the only competent CB out there.

That said, I hope this performance is used to bring his price down when negotiations begin as it was terrible in all fronts.

1970Dart

Reaction score
I'm being hard on Jackson because he whiffed on more than a few plays over the past 5 weeks. Against the Bills after the bye, Jackson whiffed on 3 tackles, one was a 4th and 1 and Jackson whiffed on the tackle and let Josh Allen run which extended the play and eventually the game clinching TD. Joejuan Williams got beat by the 200 year Emmanual Sanders. Maybe move him to FS, see how does there because he is a terrible CB. Right now he has been a complete waste of a second round pick.

He got smoked by Knox. But to be fair, Dugger, Williams ( who was terrible) and Phillips were even worse. They let Dawson run all over them, the entire secondary got torched. Judon the last 5 weeks was just bad and Allen juked him for a big run. Van Noy was supposed to be the spy on Allen, he failed miserably. The DL couldn't get any pressure and couldn't stop the run 26 carries for 176 and 2 TD's to a (imo) subpar RB in Singletary.

OP
OP
spacecrime

spacecrime

Reaction score
This is not correct.

From Wikipedia:
Lloyd Carr did everything he could to have 'the golden boy' Henson win the starting job but Brady would have none it. The threat was always there for Brady. It made Brady insecure but it also taught him to respond to a challenge properly. Years later Brady responded again when BB drafted JimmyG. The fire was relit.
Thanks. Absolutely not the way it is in my memory banks, but there you go. This makes a lot more sense to me. Appreciate the correction :toast:

D2maine

Reaction score
Thanks. Absolutely not the way it is in my memory banks, but there you go. This makes a lot more sense to me. Appreciate the correction :toast:
Carr was under a ton pressure from booster $ to make sure the local future superstar got every chance, to the point that it cost a natty. Michigan should have one one Brady's senior year.

It was the university and his coach that cost Brady a chance of getting drafted high. Add this to the combine photo and it's lucky he was drafted at all.

Lucky for the Pats Brady used that to fuel his inner fire. Never know if he had been drafted high he might never have been TFB.

Big/Sky/Fly

We're All In This Psyop Together...
Reaction score
I don't hate him...but, he wasn't playing well as of late.