Looking at the Patriots - 2021

How can you dismiss JG’s fragility? The guy is glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You can't. It only took him 1.5 games playing for the Pats to get injured forcing Brissett into the game.

Would I take a guaranteed-healthy JG over a guaranteed-healthy Cam?

At an additional cost of a 2nd plus $50M/ 2 yrs? That's an easy pass for me.

I'll be patient and let the draft and this offseason work out. JG will be available soon enough as a FA without a huge contract

You know, what if the Patriots trade their #15 and another pick, to get, say the #30 or #29 (plus a 2nd or 3rd, or first rounder in 2022). Would you trade the 1st rounder for Garoppolo? Or a high 2nd rounder? I'd do it. If he stays healthy, the Pats would kick arse this season. If he's healthy through the trading deadline, you can trade Newton for a 2022 3rd or 4th rounder. What round did the Pats chose Jimmy G in? 2nd or 3rd?

p.s. Let's see who the 49's pick with number 3 (I mean what qb), and maybe the Pats (or another team) trade for Jimmy G. It looks like the Pats are really trying for 2021. If they get Jimmy G, they could trade Newton in this year's draft for a 4th or 5th rounder-probably 5th.

Last edited:
He has been injury prone. But wasn’t until he left the Pats. Every single QB in the league can be done in one play if hit wrong.

You can't get injured without playing. I doubt he was hit all that much in practice.

Cam might not be the answer, but he sure as hell is a cheap, available option. BB has a better idea of what he will get from Cam than he will from a QB that is so injury prone you can't make long term plans with. Not to mention the cap cost/asking price.

You can't. It only took him 1.5 games playing for the Pats to get injured forcing Brissett into the game.

Would I take a guaranteed-healthy JG over a guaranteed-healthy Cam?

At an additional cost of a 2nd plus $50M/ 2 yrs? That's an easy pass for me.

I'll be patient and let the draft and this offseason work out. JG will be available soon enough as a FA without a huge contract
Don't be getting too excited about Newton (after last year) hehe

You know what it is-for some reason I like Jimmy G as the Pats qb, but it's true that he does get hurt to the point that he can't play. so you'd need a second qb you can trust. And I know alot of fans don't want him, for that reason, and I respect that. I was at the game in 2016 where he got hurt, and Brisset had to come in. Man, when Brady came back, the team did great. Anyway, they've done alot of spending, picked up some decent players (as far as I can tell), and now comes the draft. That could be a big day. They traded for some fine players in 2007, during the draft. Anyway, they have to improve the qb position, I think, for them to be great. I know most people believe that, but maybe they're all set! We'll have to just find out....

Don't be getting too excited about Newton (after last year) hehe

You shouldn't be getting too excited about the Pats being a bad team with Cam at QB. hehe

No one here and no Patriots fan expects a SB win this year with Cam at QB. I wouldn't expect one with JG at QB either.

Be patient, grasshopper. The Pats went 10 years between 2005 and 2015 without a SB win and that was with TFB as our QB. Patience is warranted; it's only been 2 years since our last SB victory.

The Pats improved quite a bit in free agency. Our run D should be very good. Cam should get a full offseason. The Pats should be more competitive this year, I do expect that.
4 losses last year were by 7 pts or less.
So maybe 11 wins. I'd be happy with that. Maybe even 12 with the 17 game season.

Cam has also been injury prone and his shoulder is a real problem. His decline the second half of the season looked to be his shoulder giving him issues and he had the abdomen injury as well.

Cam has also been injury prone and his shoulder is a real problem. His decline the second half of the season looked to be his shoulder giving him issues and he had the abdomen injury as well.

Yeah. His foot was his biggest issue (off and on) since the couldn't step in to his throws properly but his shoulder was also a problem. I've been told both issues were nagging him.
In the 'games lost to injury' category, Jimmy is the clear winner.
Hopefully Cam's foot and shoulder are finally healed.

Cam has also been injury prone
So the solution is JimmyG????

I like the way JG plays but he only played 31 games in his 4-year 49er career, 6 in the last year.

In that time span, the injury prone Cam played 47 games, 15 in the last year.

If the Pats could get JG on the same contract as Cam, I'd be all for signing the both of them because JG's entire history shows to expect him to appear in less than half of available games.

I like the way JG plays but he only played 31 games in his 4-year 49er career, 6 in the last year.

If the Pats could get JG on the same contract as Cam, I'd be all for signing the both of them because JG's entire history shows to expect him to appear in less than half of available games.
Hopefully not unless we can get him plus a low pick for our second. In this scenario I would support BB still choosing a young QB to develop or go Defense.

Jimmy is better than Cam so no way we get him for that money. I don't want to give up #15 or pay Jimmy $25 mil but he is a big upgrade over Cam IMO. I think we contend this year with Jimmy for the division. I know. The injuries. Nothing is perfect.

Jimmy is better than Cam so no way we get him for that money. I don't want to give up #15 or pay Jimmy $25 mil but he is a big upgrade over Cam IMO. I think we contend this year with Jimmy for the division. I know. The injuries. Nothing is perfect.
I agree with this. Do it and still trade up for Jones.

What you folks are forgetting that, as bad as Cam seemed last year, JimmyG graded out worse.

Back