Looking at the Patriots - 2021

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
JG has a no-trade clause.
In what world is he going to say, “Know what? I’m going to ask to get traded and take a HUGE pay cut.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
He does. 2 years left?

He is 29 and being shopped around. He is playing for the NEXT contract. Just talking out loud.

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
JG has a no-trade clause.
In what world is he going to say, “Know what? I’m going to ask to get traded and take a HUGE pay cut.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

His alternative to a trade is to be released. His dead cap is minimal.

SkiptoMyLou

Six Time Super Bowl Champions!
Reaction score
BB was able to get 7 wins with a very limited playbook and QB.

Imagine what he can with a full playbook and QB capable of running it.

I am not advocating that JG is the best option. I am saying that compared to Cam he is.

That was my point. If BB can get 7 wins with such a poor roster, I think 11-12 wins is realistic for the upcoming season with Cam. I don't know about Jimmy considering how injury prone he is. Maybe he can do better, but he can also do worse. If you can potentially win games without wasting away a pick and putting yourself in cap hell for a "hopeful" QB, you take that in my opinion.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
That was my point. If BB can get 7 wins with such a poor roster, I think 11-12 wins is realistic for the upcoming season with Cam. I don't know about Jimmy considering how injury prone he is. Maybe he can do better, but he can also do worse. If you can potentially win games without wasting away a pick and putting yourself in cap hell for a "hopeful" QB, you take that in my opinion.
One year at 25 is not "cap hell".

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
If I'm forced to pick Jimmy v Cam I'll take Jimmy, if he gets hurt we're in the same boat we'd be in going with Cam.

Jimmy v Mac Jones is a much harder question to answer
Best scenario is Jimmy + Mac Jones.

Jimmy plays well next season and stays on the field then great. If not we may have the QB of teh future to step in.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
I would be surprised if they win 5 more games this year. Getting the players is the easy part, now everyone has to get used to each other and the new system, etc etc. Its not like Madden where you all just mix well.

SkiptoMyLou

Six Time Super Bowl Champions!
Reaction score
I would be surprised if they win 5 more games this year. Getting the players is the easy part, now everyone has to get used to each other and the new system, etc etc. Its not like Madden where you all just mix well.

Considering it's BB coaching I think it would be a pretty big disappointment if the team doesn't improve from last year, but fair point.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Considering it's BB coaching I think it would be a pretty big disappointment if the team doesn't improve from last year, but fair point.
Oh they will improve, I am just not thinking 5 game improvement, that does not happen often without a switch at QB.

Mazz22

Age 43 and STILL playing like a champ
Reaction score
Oh they will improve, I am just not thinking 5 game improvement, that does not happen often without a switch at QB.
Probably not 5 games but another middling season would be a disappointment given what they spent in FA. This is why IMO we have to upgrade from Cam.

Last edited:

Mazz22

Reaction score
Florio can be a bit of a pot stirrer but this is interesting if true. Perhaps this is what Kraft meant by a change in draft approach. Listening to the scouts more.

Bill Belichick reportedly ignored scouts in drafting N’Keal Harry​

Mazz22

Reaction score
Chevss said Harry was a Caserio choice. i believe chevss when he posts stuff like that. he wouldn't say it if he didn't have good info.
The only thing I will say in defense of Harry is his attributes in college being a big target that can go get the ball fit the type of receiver we normally like. I remember being pretty happy with the pick actually. I really thought he would do well but then he got injured right away and when he came back mid-season we had so many issues on the offensive line that it was a mess. It is also hard to count last year against him with Cam as his QB. I am not saying he was worth a #1 or anything but I also don't think it was this huge draft blunder. Hindsight is always 20/20 and Deebo and Metcalf have been fantastic. I think it is just a culmination of bad drafting over the last several years so Harry is glaring because Bill has never picked a WR in the first round. But I can see both Nick and Bill sitting together and feeling real good about taking Harry. Plus, Bill had the connection with this coach.