Looking at the Patriots - 2021

Pretty amazing. Harris seemed a BB type player from the get-go. He was a massive presence in the Bama locker room and went all the way with his studies and apparently was a mentor to other athletes, encouraging them to follow through with the studies. The academic staff spoke glowingly of him when he graduated. I gather he's a huge presence now in the Pats locker room already, up there with Slates and co.

I think the situation is perfect with JC Jackson. He can go out and get the best contract he can, good for him, and the Pats can match it if they want, good for them.

It always seems a bit disingenuous, though, when a player refers to feeding his family as a reason for wanting a big payday. I think perhaps he just feels badly about perhaps leaving New England for more money. Personally, I hope he gets a good contract from someone and the Patriots match it.

I think the situation is perfect with JC Jackson. He can go out and get the best contract he can, good for him, and the Pats can match it if they want, good for them.

It always seems a bit disingenuous, though, when a player refers to feeding his family as a reason for wanting a big payday. I think perhaps he just feels badly about perhaps leaving New England for more money. Personally, I hope he gets a good contract from someone and the Patriots match it.

It doesn't seem like there were much news in teams interested in signing him even with a 2nd round tender. I think if he proves he's a CB1 next season he will get his big pay day.

yeah the "feeding his family" thing has always been lol worthy. it's particularly tone deaf now. i am fine with guys wanting to go to the highest bidder, they don't have to feel bad about that. funny how so many guys say this, get big $$ and are b.a.b. shortly after their nfl careers are over.

Pretty surprising to me.

With the number of outstanding backs Bama has been shipping upstairs lately, I'm a little surprised than Najee Harris doesn't get more top 15 projections. I think he's the best one yet and is one of handful of guys in this draft (not that this is a draft thread) that I think is a guaranteed lock to be a superstar.

I think he's Adrian Peterson II but a better pass catcher. Plus, he is a punishing blocker. He does everything at a high level and isn't worn out from tons of carries in College. I know we don't need a running back with our own Harris from 'Bama but if the Pats went nuts and took Najee then I wouldn't be the least bit upset.

Sometimes it's smart to draft the best player you can get regardless of position. He might be it.

yeah the "feeding his family" thing has always been lol worthy. it's particularly tone deaf now. i am fine with guys wanting to go to the highest bidder, they don't have to feel bad about that. funny how so many guys say this, get big $$ and are b.a.b. shortly after their nfl careers are over.

Yeah, I always find it ridiculous when players use that term to get paid. I'm sure your family will be in some real hardship with that 3 million contract you're set to make. :rolleyes:

Pretty surprising to me.

With the number of outstanding backs Bama has been shipping upstairs lately, I'm a little surprised than Najee Harris doesn't get more top 15 projections. I think he's the best one yet and is one of handful of guys in this draft (not that this is a draft thread) that I think is a guaranteed lock to be a superstar.

I think he's Adrian Peterson II but a better pass catcher. Plus, he is a punishing blocker. He does everything at a high level and isn't worn out from tons of carries in College. I know we don't need a running back with our own Harris from 'Bama but if the Pats went nuts and took Najee then I wouldn't be the least bit upset.

Sometimes it's smart to draft the best player you can get regardless of position. He might be it.
I think it's smart to fill obvious holes with FAs prior to the draft if you have the coin. I know it is often spun as something BB 'had' to due because he sucks at drafting and that he overpaid for some players, but overpaid or not, he filled all the needs with proven guys and so can draft the best athlete available or take a flyer or three on boom-or-bust players.

Pretty surprising to me.

The RB in NC is pretty amazing too...

Back