Looking at the Patriots - 2021

I said he was solid, not that he deserves to be enshrined in Canton.
I loved Edelman . He was one of must clutch WR's in pats history. He was never considered one of best WRs in NFL. The only chance he has of making the HOF. Is just using his playoff production.

I loved Edelman . He was one of must clutch WR's in pats history. He was never considered one of best WRs in NFL. The only chance he has of making the HOF. Is just using his playoff production.
I personally think he should at least be considered. I'm not talking first ballot or even 4th or 5th year. But Edelman imo, was extremely underrated by fans, not New England Fans but fans out side New England. And yes he was clutch 100%, especially in the playoffs. The guy couldn't be covered.

I was just listening to the radio and some of the talking heads think Jackson may pull a Butler given his Instagram post. Ugh. I hope not. He has no leverage as a RFA.
It largely depends on what your "listening to the radio" entails. If it's literally anyone on WEEI or 98.5 The Sports Dump from any show, there's zero credibility there. None. If it's Pat Kirwin on Sirius or some other actual honest source, that's something else.

It largely depends on what your "listening to the radio" entails. If it's literally anyone on WEEI or 98.5 The Sports Dump from any show, there's zero credibility there. None. If it's Pat Kirwin on Sirius or some other actual honest source, that's something else.
Our local media is awful. I agree. I think they are all losing their minds with the Sox winning streak. It is pretty sad. I do wonder if their negativity really depresses the area in some ways. I used to really like Curran and Bedard but really can't stand either one anymore. I agree about Sirius or the national guys in general who tend to be much more balanced and actually informative.

Trades are an important component for the overall talent acquisition by BB. It's not only about players drafted.

Ey3SRctVcAEmbhw

pretty sure gronk won't be commenting despite the years bb is celebrating.
random: could have sworn i saw a ring on his left ring finger at osu pro day. wonder if he and linda made it official? if so he must adore her, he's no jewelry guy .

New England Patriots

Over/under: 9

Prediction: Over

Bill Belichick and his coaching staff squeezed seven wins out of a 2020 team with lesser talent. Now that the Patriots have infused the roster with more talent due to a free-agency blitz that saw them upgrade at tight end (Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith), pass-rusher (Matthew Judon) and several other positions -- along with a 17-game schedule -- the possibility of 10 wins seems realistic. -- Mike Reiss

Buffalo Bills

Over/under: 10.5

Buffalo has reached double-digit wins in each of its past two seasons and, barring injury, should feature one of the league's most explosive offenses for the second year in a row. An extra home game helps a Bills team that won nine games at its own stadium last season, and if the defense returns to form, another trip to the AFC Championship Game should be in store. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

Based on Vegas over/under for wins.
We're not too far off the pace. We can hope Cam is healthy and can run the playbook.
The QBs and WRs are still working out but have been advised by BB to keep things under the radar.
I'm told Cam's mechanics are getting back to normal & he is throwing the ball much better.

New England Patriots

Over/under: 9

Bill Belichick and his coaching staff squeezed seven wins out of a 2020 team with lesser talent. Now that the Patriots have infused the roster with more talent due to a free-agency blitz that saw them upgrade at tight end (Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith), pass-rusher (Matthew Judon) and several other positions -- along with a 17-game schedule -- the possibility of 10 wins seems realistic. -- Mike Reiss

Buffalo Bills

Over/under: 10.5

Buffalo has reached double-digit wins in each of its past two seasons and, barring injury, should feature one of the league's most explosive offenses for the second year in a row. An extra home game helps a Bills team that won nine games at its own stadium last season, and if the defense returns to form, another trip to the AFC Championship Game should be in store. -- Marcel Louis-Jacques

Based on Vegas over/under for wins.
We're not too far off the pace. We can hope Cam is healthy and can run the playbook.
The QBs and WRs are still working out but have been advised by BB to keep things under the radar.
I'm told Cam's mechanics are getting back to normal & he is throwing the ball much better.
The 17 game season is weird as 9 wins is now 9-8 not 9-7. I think this probably about right. I think we are still a middler team with Cam even with the upgrades just because Buffalo is far ahead of us and I am not sure we are better than the Dolphins either. We had a tougher schedule last year, although you never know what new teams will pop but we were also very fortunate with injuries. I think 10 wins is probably our ceiling which probably won't be good enough for a WC with the 17 game season but if the FAs pan out and we hopefully find our QB of the future in the draft along with some skill guys too than that will have been a successful season.

The 17 game season is weird as 9 wins is now 9-8 not 9-7. I think this probably about right. I think we are still a middler team with Cam even with the upgrades just because Buffalo is far ahead of us and I am not sure we are better than the Dolphins either. We had a tougher schedule last year, although you never know what new teams will pop but we were also very fortunate with injuries. I think 10 wins is probably our ceiling which probably won't be good enough for a WC with the 17 game season but if the FAs pan out and we hopefully find our QB of the future in the draft along with some skill guys too than that will have been a successful season.
I agree with this except I am holding out hope that the new players will add 2 wins to the total even if BB is goes with Cam.

BB was worth at least that in wins last year.

I agree with this except I am holding out hope that the new players will add 2 wins to the total even if BB is goes with Cam.

BB was worth at least that in wins last year.
We were projected to win 9/10 games last year and we won 7.

I think the 9 this year is more realistic because of the 17 games and our roster is better. I don't have much faith in Cam but hopefully we can overcome that with the better weapons.

Mike Reiss says he'd bet the over with the over/under set at 9.

So 10 wins is what he thinks.

Mike Reiss says he'd bet the over with the over/under set at 9.

So 10 wins is what he thinks.
I think the more interesting question is will Kraft be Ok with 10 wins and potentially no playoffs after spending all that money in FA? I am Ok with it because I think it will be a longer rebuild given we don't have the QB. But not sure if Kraft feels that way.

I do think there is truth to the Pats wanting to win now given last year's season and also Brady's success winning the SB. I hope that makes us fire our bullets and get a QB this year in the top of round 1.

Last edited:
Back