Looking at the Patriots - 2021

It's always good to have a laugh up here. Perhaps you did not notice but I have been a member a year longer than you on this board. Brady is and always will be my all time favorite player for what he did over 2 decades here. Gave me the best memories of my life but the Pats will always be my team. But I will continue to also root for Brady as long as he is playing. I am just glad he went to an NFC team that has zero rivalry with
the Pats. (y)

Money says that you’ll be cheering on Brady over the Patriots this season, especially when they play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Money says that you’ll be cheering on Brady over the Patriots this season, especially when they play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Espically if CAM still the starting QB. .Will happen unless BB gets Jimmy G :coffee:

Last edited:
Espically if CAM still the starting QB. .Will happen unless BB gets Jimmy G :coffee:
I still haven't given up on Stidham. I don't know what's going on, but I haven't given up and won't until he gets cut or spits the bit in preseason (assuming we have one). But I have not heard any reason why he isn't playing and I'm holding out hope.

It's always good to have a laugh up here. Perhaps you did not notice but I have been a member a year longer than you on this board. Brady is and always will be my all time favorite player for what he did over 2 decades here. Gave me the best memories of my life but the Pats will always be my team. But I will continue to also root for Brady as long as he is playing. I am just glad he went to an NFC team that has zero rivalry with
the Pats. (y)
I did notice your longevity here compared to mine, and there is some required deserved deference to you on my part. But, that deference can't keep me from respectfully offering my honest opinion. Tom Brady is, and a!ways will be, the greatest Patriot ever. No one could possibly have provided us with more great moments than he did. But, the problem I have with your position, and loads of others who think similarly, is that you had to create a phony, soap opera-like controversy of Tom vs. Bill that never existed. You absolutely aren't rooting for the Patriots to do well anymore. You can't, because doing so would be tantamount to abandoning the object of your fandom of 20 years. It hasn't been the Patriots team, It's been Tom. Do you think the other posters questioning you are all wrong? Look, you seem like a nice guy, but you and the other Tompa Boy Pink Hats can't have it both ways. Sorry.

I did notice your longevity here compared to mine, and there is some required deserved deference to you on my part. But, that deference can't keep me from respectfully offering my honest opinion. Tom Brady is, and a!ways will be, the greatest Patriot ever. No one could possibly have provided us with more great moments than he did. But, the problem I have with your position, and loads of others who think similarly, is that you had to create a phony, soap opera-like controversy of Tom vs. Bill that never existed. You absolutely aren't rooting for the Patriots to do well anymore. You can't, because doing so would be tantamount to abandoning the object of your fandom of 20 years. It hasn't been the Patriots team, It's been Tom. Do you think the other posters questioning you are all wrong? Look, you seem like a nice guy, but you and the other Tompa Boy Pink Hats can't have it both ways. Sorry.
Phil, it is possible to love a player as you just indicated you do and also root for your team AND that player after they leave. Yes, believe it or not it is possible and I would say many if not most Pats fans hold my position.

Now, to your other point that the Patriots are completely oblivious to Brady's success since leaving is complete bunk. There is no controversy or soap opera, but there is competitive fire and Bill and Brady are the 2 most competitive people who have ever been in the NFL. Both the local and national narrative since Brady left 13 months ago was who would fare better without the other one. That is not my creation. Just Google any football related site or show and you will find take after take on this narrative. I do believe Kraft and Bill are motivated by this narrative. How could they not be given the 20 year dynastic run is being shaped by it.

Now, in terms of this board, I have never seen this level of Bill defending/worship anywhere. I have been a member of PatsFans for a long time and their board is balanced for the most part with some over the top Bill guys and some over the top Brady guys. But here on PP any mention of Brady causes PTSD which is why I created the Tampa offseason thread as posters just couldn't bear to see his name in Pats threads even if he was relevant to the discussion which he often was given he was our Qb for 20 years and we are stuck right now with awful Cam Newton.

So given the sensitivity here, I rarely mention him outside the Tampa thread. The comment I made a few pages back was a complete aside to my main points about Kraft and his expectations of the season and it was jumped on like I just threw a hand grenade on the thread. But again, that is the issue with this board these days which is a real shame as I am sure you can remember that back in the day we had a lot of posters with varying positions and posting styles and the diversity of thought made this forum great.

Last edited:
Phil, it is possible to love a player as you just indicated you do and also root for your team AND that player after they leave. Yes, believe it or not it is possible and I would say many if not most Pats fans hold my position.

Now, to your other point that the Patriots are completely oblivious to Brady's success since leaving is complete bunk. There is no controversy or soap opera, but there is competitive fire and Bill and Brady are the 2 most competitive people who have ever been in the NFL. Both the local and national narrative since Brady left 13 months ago was who would fare better without the other one. That is not my creation. Just Google any football related site or show and you will find take after take on this narrative. I do believe Kraft and Bill are motivated by this narrative. How could they not be given the 20 year dynastic run is being shaped by it.

Now, in terms of this board, I have never seen this level of Bill defending/worship anywhere. I have been a member of PatsFans for a long time and their board is balanced for the most part with some over the top Bill guys and some over the top Brady guys. But here on PP any mention of Brady causes PTSD which is why I created the Tampa offseason thread as posters just couldn't bear to see his name in Pats threads even if he was relevant to the discussion which he often was given he was our Qb for 20 years and we are stuck right now with awful Cam Newton.

So given the sensitivity here, I rarely mention him outside the Tampa thread. The comment I made a few pages back was a complete aside to my main points about Kraft and his expectations of the season and it was jumped on like I just threw a hand grenade on the thread. But again, that is the issue with this board these days which is a real shame as I am sure you can remember that back in the day we had a lot of posters with varying positions and posting styles and the diversity of thought made this forum great. But so many have left that this forum is a shell of what it once was.
Look, I really don't think you, or anyone else, is defined as a person based upon her/his opinions about a football team. I simply sense on the part of some, including you, this primal desire to construct a "good guy/bad guy" situation between Brady and Belichick when I don't believe one has ever existed. I think it's unfair to both guys and it's disingenuous. Oh, and if I was presumptuous about your gender awhile back by referring to you as a "guy", my apologies are extended to you. I still believe you're likely a good/nice person, but we simply disagree on this issue.

Look, I really don't think you, or anyone else, is defined as a person based upon her/his opinions about a football team. I simply sense on the part of some, including you, this primal desire to construct a "good guy/bad guy" situation between Brady and Belichick when I don't believe one has ever existed. I think it's unfair to both guys and it's disingenuous. Oh, and if I was presumptuous about your gender awhile back by referring to you as a "guy", my apologies are extended to you. I still believe you're likely a good/nice person, but we simply disagree on this issue.
Thanks for this post. The media creates the good guy/bad guy scenario as it drives clicks and viewership. Up here, we all just want to talk about the team.

No worries about the gender. Happens a lot. Lol

With the talk of Jules and a potential HOF, a question was asked by another pundit, what about Wilfork? He will be eligible soon, could he be in the mix? He was a dominant player at his peak.

With the talk of Jules and a potential HOF, a question was asked by another pundit, what about Wilfork? He will be eligible soon, could he be in the mix? He was a dominant player at his peak.

Dominant, but he never jumped out from a statistical standpoint, so he'll get over-looked

It's almost time impossible for NT to get in the hall. The edge sack guys and corners are the ones that most easily make it in.
Vince was the heart and soul of our defense for a decade and hall of fame to me. But he does not get considered unfortunately.

Dominant, but he never jumped out from a statistical standpoint, so he'll get over-looked
Cortez Kennedy got in and their stats are similar. Kennedy had 669 total tackles, 279 solo tackles, 38 sacks, 15 TFLs, 11 forced fumbles, 3 INTs, and 1 TD. Big Vince had 560 total tackles, 367 solo tackles, 39 TFLs, 38 QB hits, 16 sacks, 5 forced fumbles, 3 INTs, and 1 TD.

Not out of the realm of possibility, but it's tough for DTs to get in. Kennedy is the most recent to get in and his career was over in 2000.

Cortez Kennedy got in and their stats are similar. Kennedy had 669 total tackles, 279 solo tackles, 38 sacks, 15 TFLs, 11 forced fumbles, 3 INTs, and 1 TD. Big Vince had 560 total tackles, 367 solo tackles, 39 TFLs, 38 QB hits, 16 sacks, 5 forced fumbles, 3 INTs, and 1 TD.

Not out of the realm of possibility, but it's tough for DTs to get in. Kennedy is the most recent to get in and his career was over in 2000.
Does the ButtFumble count as an FF, or was that an unforced fumble?

Vince deserves it for that 2011 AFCCG v the Ravens alone when we squeaked home. He was a warrior that day, including pushing back Flacco on the crucial play that moved the FG back and Cundiff missed it and that famous picture of Vince, helmet off, the steam pouring from his head on that freezing day.

https://media.bleacherreport.com/f_...g-images/001/539/463/137565802_crop_north.jpg
There is a lot to be said about Tom Brady. The New England quarterback is back in the Super Bowl once more.

But there was a reason why Vince Wilfork was on the post-game podium with Brady and others in the wake of the 23-20 win that brought the Patriots back to the Super Bowl.

Sunday’s win was, in addition to a key field goal miss by the Ravens’ Billy Cundiff, all about Wilfork.

The man in the middle of the Patriots defense made six tackles, one sack, three tackles for losses and one hit of Ravens’ quarterback Joe Flacco.

More than that, Wilfork simply outmatched whichever member of the Baltimore offensive line he was asked to stop.

Flacco threw a couple of interceptions, and Wilfork had a hand in that, too.

It might well have been the best game of his career.

Small wonder then that Wilfork had his arms spread in victory after Cundiff’s missed field goal try ensured there would be no overtime.

When a big play had to be made by the New England defense, as often as not, it was Wilfork who was the man on the spot.

Man was a hero.

462644438.0.jpg

CAT4h14UUAAS_lj

The chances of anybody on this blog predicting correctly who Bill Belichick, the greatest and most unpredictable coach will choose in the draft, is almost impossible. I mean, I guess you can name 30 players who the Pats may pick at #15, and it could be one of them. Really, he may trade the pick, which he usually would do, for 2 or 3 later picks. That's my big prediction. He knows he can coach a 6th round quarterback to 6 championships. He's done it. He's the only one. And he'll probably pick up a 2022 first rounder.
A couple years ago I did predict BB would take Harry and Winovich. That's about the closest I have ever gotten..

Back