Looking at the Patriots - 2021

I can't see the Pats v bucs game being on a high profile Thanksgiving night... It will be a middle of the season match up... If we were going to tampa you bet your bippies it would have been the opening night game
I think for sure it is a prime time game. This is like when Favre was in Minny and played GB. It has a lot of intrigue nationally and the Bucs being the defending champs only adds to the storylines.

I think for sure it is a prime time game.
it will draw eyes no doubt - thats why it wont be a thanksgiving day game.

they did change how games are scheduled... no more nfc fox, afc cbs, prime sunday nbc, scrubs monday espn, and waterbottles full of piss thursday amazon... be interesting to see where they drop it.... going to say a lot about how good the nfl schedule makers think the Pats will be

and please, omit references to defending champs in the non tampa threads... that kind of stuff leads to stuff that UT59 needs to clear up...

it will draw eyes no doubt - thats why it wont be a thanksgiving day game.

they did change how games are scheduled... no more nfc fox, afc cbs, prime sunday nbc, scrubs monday espn, and waterbottles full of piss thursday amazon... be interesting to see where they drop it.... going to say a lot about how good the nfl schedule makers think the Pats will be

and please, omit references to defending champs in the non tampa threads... that kind of stuff leads to stuff that UT59 needs to clear up...
If it draws eyes, all the more reason to put it on prime time on Thanksgiving IMO.

To the bolded - are you kidding me? The Bucs ARE the defending champs, it will be a huge part of the storyline for the game. How is that not appropriate to mention in a game that the Bucs are playing in? If you are triggered by that harmless reference, it might be time to realize that football is just a game and not the biggest worry in life.

Pats trade for Jordan Love?

I don't know why I am posting this or even entertaining this idea. But it is an interesting rumor.
i would think the packers would have to resolve any potential contract issues with aaron rodgers before this would even be considered...

the scouting reports i read, so take this with a grain of salt, indicate he isnt a great decision maker, meaning, in part (to me) that he needs a few years worth of coaching before being able to effectively run an offense...

i wouldnt say no, but i definately would not give up a first for an unknown quantity after he spent a year on someone else's roster .., maybe a four with a kicker up to a 2, depending on playing time etc...

Pats trade for Jordan Love?

I don't know why I am posting this or even entertaining this idea. But it is an interesting rumor.
I don't think there is any chance the Packers deal him. They traded up to get him because he is LaFleur's guy to take over most likely next season when Rodgers dead cap money hit becomes somewhat manageable.

If it draws eyes, all the more reason to put it on prime time on Thanksgiving IMO.

To the bolded - are you kidding me? The Bucs ARE the defending champs, it will be a huge part of the storyline for the game. How is that not appropriate to mention in a game that the Bucs are playing in? If you are triggered by that harmless reference, it might be time to realize that football is just a game and not the biggest worry in life.
first, thanksgiving has a built in audience. The NFL doesnt need to schedule a prime worthy event for that game. Thats why you rarely get any marquee matchups on thanksgiving... If you look at the way the NFL has been scheduling the third game over the past four years, the pattern has been to have divisional rivalry games .... i thought this was basic shit everyone knew

No im not kidding. If you want to keep getting into pissing contests about brady then keep it up. Just kinda proves what everyone else was saying about you deliberately derailing threads with Brady/Bucs posts. Its a shitty thing to do.

first, thanksgiving has a built in audience. The NFL doesnt need to schedule a prime worthy event for that game. Thats why you rarely get any marquee matchups on thanksgiving... If you look at the way the NFL has been scheduling the third game over the past four years, the pattern has been to have divisional rivalry games .... i thought this was basic shit everyone knew

No im not kidding. If you want to keep getting into pissing contests about brady then keep it up. Just kinda proves what everyone else was saying about you deliberately derailing threads with Brady/Bucs posts. Its a shitty thing to do.
The NFL ratings were way down last year. Most blamed the Pandemic but many, many sports fans have tuned out of pro sports for a variety of reasons not related to the Pandemic. We'll see how things go but I would not surprise to see it on Thanksgiving but agree it is usually a divisional round game.

It is kind of hard to discuss a game with Tampa in it and when it will be played given storylines and such and not mention the fact they are defending champs. Again, it was another example of a completely side comment in a much bigger topic and it was as if a hand grenade was thrown. You could have just skipped over it and then the back and forth never happens. You seem to be the only one bothered.

The NFL ratings were way down last year. Most blamed the Pandemic but many, many sports fans have tuned out of pro sports for a variety of reasons not related to the Pandemic. We'll see how things go but I would not surprise to see it on Thanksgiving but agree it is usually a divisional round game.

It is kind of hard to discuss a game with Tampa in it and when it will be played given storylines and such and not mention the fact they are defending champs. Again, it was another example of a completely side comment in a much bigger topic and it was as if a hand grenade was thrown. You could have just skipped over it and then the back and forth never happens. You seem to be the only one bothered.
its very easy to type tampa.

lot easier than typing defending champions tampa... believe me, we know what happened last season

its very easy to type tampa.

lot easier than typing defending champions tampa... believe me, we know what happened last season
Do you mind if I ask you what is so bothersome? I really don't get this level of trauma. I know it was difficult for some to watch Brady win it all last year while we had a losing season. But what is going to happen when the game actually comes and we have to discuss it? Will it be off-limits to mention Brady, Gronk, the champs? I don't see how it will be able to be discussed at all without a complete melt down of this board.

Do you mind if I ask you what is so bothersome? I really don't get this level of trauma. I know it was difficult for some to watch Brady win it all last year while we had a losing season. But what is going to happen when the game actually comes and we have to discuss it? Will it be off-limits to mention Brady, Gronk, the champs? I don't see how it will be able to be discussed at all without a complete melt down of this board.
its not trauma.

its being sick to death being beaten over the head about brady brady brady and the inevitable belichick didnt do this belichick didnt do that belichick didnt keep brady ....

at this point, its trolling in its most basic form... i am sure you disagree, but the repetitive posts regarding the same thing over and over and over is tiresome ... and i know its trolling, because i used to do it to the chargers, broncos, jets, dolphins, steelers, seahawks etc...

you do what you want to do mazz....

back to 2021 Patriots for me...

trying to work thru the front seven... 3/4 ... 4/3 ... 1 techs, 3 techs ... draft d line, linebackers... just not sure

What are folks projecting for the Patriots as far as their wins for next year? I'm curious where folks stand now before the draft (and for the purpose of this let's assume no one drafts anyone of note), because I'm curious how much it goes up or down for folks post-draft.

Right now, assuming Cam Newton is the starting QB which seems to be a very safe assumption, I think the Patriots will go 10-7, maybe 9-8. This is solely because I don't have any faith whatsoever in Cam Newton, my hope is that the Patriots get a QB in the first round during the draft who is potentially good enough to be a year 1 starter.

What are folks projecting for the Patriots as far as their wins for next year? I'm curious where folks stand now before the draft (and for the purpose of this let's assume no one drafts anyone of note), because I'm curious how much it goes up or down for folks post-draft.

Right now, assuming Cam Newton is the starting QB which seems to be a very safe assumption, I think the Patriots will go 10-7, maybe 9-8. This is solely because I don't have any faith whatsoever in Cam Newton, my hope is that the Patriots get a QB in the first round during the draft who is potentially good enough to be a year 1 starter.
9 wins is realistic I think. I do hope we upgrade at QB as well thru the draft.

i really think cam was not completely healed from his multiple surgeries last year... there was something off about the way he played... with that said, if he the starter, then i would have to say 9 wins is the high water mark...

we got the
usual: bills dolphins jets
those rotating in: browns jags bucs titans saints cowboys
we visit: falcons panthers texans colts chargers

can see them beating the dolphins, jets x2, jags, panthers, falcons,
have a shot saints texans colts chargers
not beating bills x2 dolphins browns bucs titans cowboys

the texans are a mystery right now,,, just dont know what will happen with watson... if hes there, better than average chance they beat us

Back