Looking at the Patriots - 2021

Just providing some filler while we wait for TC. I completely accept and enjoy different viewpoints. Lots of Bill worshippers here and that is fine. We need the spice.

You mean objective fans. Fans who have and absolutely do lay the boot into Bill when he makes mistakes, either during game time of the draft or FA etc. Posters here have never been afraid to do it. The difference between us and you Brady fans is you cannot or will not criticise anything Tom does. The most I've heard from you even remotely veering towards criticism of Tom is you admitting his attitude sucked in 2019 but then you quickly qualified that by saying Bill should have been nicer to him etc.

Just in case nobody else replied to the bit in bold. That is complete and utter rubbish Mazz. Gronk was badly injured after the SB win against the Rams. Peter King recounted in his piece when he interviewed Gronk in the locker room straight after the win. He said Gronk's leg had an obscene looking lump on it where he had been hit. He could barely walk, barely get his pants off. And he had clearly had it. King said in the piece he was sure to retire. All the injuries, the back, the arm etc had taken their toll and he called it a day. It was nothing to do with BB. Gronk was always the hardest-working member of the team according to BB, he was constantly training, in the gym etc. He himself said he wasn't happy if he couldn't train and work out. So he fit the Patriots like a glove and Bill never had any issue with him whatsoever as was said in the NFL100 segments when they discussed Gronk.

Brady left for sunny Florida, one final leg of his career, get well paid and have a bit of "fun" so he took it.

One aspect to the Gronk story which I swear is true, but I have zero confirmation for, is that late in 2019 Gronk did a clip on his social media (don't recall which) where he stated that he was feeling better and he'd come back to the Pats "if Tom asked him to". As we all know that never happened until last season with Tampa. Maybe it was a joke, but it didn't sound like one.

I could never find it because Gronk does hundreds of those things, but if anybody remembers seeing it, I'd appreciate some support, because I don't believe that I
hallucinated it.

You mean objective fans. Fans who have and absolutely do lay the boot into Bill when he makes mistakes, either during game time of the draft or FA etc. Posters here have never been afraid to do it. The difference between us and you Brady fans is you cannot or will not criticise anything Tom does. The most I've heard from you even remotely veering towards criticism of Tom is you admitting his attitude sucked in 2019 but then you quickly qualified that by saying Bill should have been nicer to him etc.
You are right. Some posters here, Hawg in particular, does hold Bill accountable. I would say he is probably the most balanced poster up here.

Yes, Tom's attitude was awful in 2019 but there were reasons for it too. I certainly did criticize him when he played for us and had crappy games. But he is not our QB anymore so really all that is left is his SM persona which is pretty corny - I think we can all agree on that. I mean his play last year was pretty superb considering new team, new coach, no off-season and the torn MCL and 50 tds, Super Bowl champ/MVP.

How can you NOT blame Bill, though? Aren't you paying attention to the stuck needle?

Cheers
Stuck needle? How old ARE you, anyway? 😁

"It was all Brady and he did it in spite of Belicick [click]It was all Brady and he did it in spite of Belicick [click] It was all Brady and he did it in spite of Belicick [click]"

You are right. Some posters here, Hawg in particular, does hold Bill accountable. I would say he is probably the most balanced poster up here.

Yes, Tom's attitude was awful in 2019 but there were reasons for it too. I certainly did criticize him when he played for us and had crappy games. But he is not our QB anymore so really all that is left is his SM persona which is pretty corny - I think we can all agree on that. I mean his play last year was pretty superb considering new team, new coach, no off-season and the torn MCL and 50 tds, Super Bowl champ/MVP.

I like how you made an attempt to come off balanced with Brady but ended with a complete betrayal of your own words lauding him for the umpteenth time.

The so call BB worshippers have criticized him on many occasions, but the difference is that there is no agenda to prop up a player by bringing down a coach. That is the difference between a regular here and yourself.

I like how you made an attempt to come off balanced with Brady but ended with a complete betrayal of your own words lauding him for the umpteenth time.

The so call BB worshippers have criticized him on many occasions, but the difference is that there is no agenda to prop up a player by bringing down a coach. That is the difference between a regular here and yourself.
Perhaps you might be blind to your own biases (I don't just mean "you" but most of the posters up here) toward Bill. They are very evident all the time but you just see it as being balanced because you love him and the team which is fine. I have at least admitted that I am a huge Brady fan but folks up here really can't do the same but then again fandom is pretty blind. LOL

ted johnson's hit his head too many times.
#1 he trashed bb publicly then tried to come back in 06...iirc...😄
#2,i guess he never heard of ty law, richard seymour or lawyer milloy.
though...all 3 of them have a positive to very positive relationship with the org/bb now. despite the fact tb is gone. oh the huge manatee! 😄

Stuck needle? How old ARE you, anyway? 😁

"It was all Brady and he did it in spite of Belicick [click]It was all Brady and he did it in spite of Belicick [click] It was all Brady and he did it in spite of Belicick [click]
Vinyl is Back! :rofl:

Just providing some filler while we wait for TC. I completely accept and enjoy different viewpoints. Lots of Bill worshippers here and that is fine. We need the spice.
Sounds like trolling to me and we don't need spice about your Brady vs Belichick bullshit. Stop stirring up the troops in the 2021 Patriots thread.

I know you aren't the only one, but you provoke people deliberately. If you STFU and leave Brady to the Brady thread, this thread will go back to Patriots football all by itself.

STOP FUCKING TROLLING IN THIS THREAD.

No one minds minor diversions and tangents and personal quips and like that, that's all the 'spice' we need. But this Brady shit is getting out of control.

Piss off UT enough and we'll all be banned from the 2021 thread and that would suck.

I won't lock the thread.

But this thread is about the 2021 Patriots.

Any more posts that aren't about the 2021 Patriots will be deleted and the user banned from the thread.

Sounds like trolling to me and we don't need spice about your Brady vs Belichick bullshit. Stop stirring up the troops in the 2021 Patriots thread.

I know you aren't the only one, but you provoke people deliberately. If you STFU and leave Brady to the Brady thread, this thread will go back to Patriots football all by itself.

STOP FUCKING TROLLING IN THIS THREAD.

No one minds minor diversions and tangents and personal quips and like that, that's all the 'spice' we need. But this Brady shit is getting out of control.

Piss off UT enough and we'll all be banned from the 2021 thread and that would suck.
Calm down Francis. I have about a tenth of the posts in this thread pertaining to Brady compared to everyone else. There is ZERO going on right now so why not discuss it? As far as I could tell, no personal insults or name calling just honest discussion. Does the tension bother you? Because I do enjoy people's perspective when argued well which this thread has been. Fandom is full of passion. There is not right or wrong just points of view. Just relax and take a deep breath and post something on the Pats if you want to take the discussion on a different track if you want. It is obvious people did want to discuss this from the share number of posts, many quite lengthy, many from you.

ted johnson's hit his head too many times.
#1 he trashed bb publicly then tried to come back in 06...iirc...😄
#2,i guess he never heard of ty law, richard seymour or lawyer milloy.
though...all 3 of them have a positive to very positive relationship with the org/bb now. despite the fact tb is gone. oh the huge manatee! 😄
Spot on. There is the other side too. Willie as well.

You never, ever criticized Brady. You won’t prove it, because you can’t, but you think that by posting such a lie, we will accept it.

BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ha ha. WRs are funny. They know that except for jet sweeps the only way they get their hands on the ball is if the QB throws it to them. Gunner recently praised Cam and just in case there is a QB upset in training camp points out how great a pick Mac was.

WR Gunner Olszewski on Mac Jones: 'I see why we took him'​

July 19, 2021 9:56 am ET

Mac Jones is drawing nothing but praise from his New England Patriots teammates. The 15th overall pick has been hard on himself since he joined the team in the 2021 NFL draft — and it seems the coaches have been, too. The Patriots players have only said they’re liking what they’re seeing.

Receiver and Pro Bowl punt returner Gunner Olszewski spoke with the media on Sunday during an appearance for the Foxwoods 301 NASCAR Cup Series.

“Good, smart guy,” Olszewski told NESN.com on Sunday. “Smart football player. I see why we took him. Those aren’t the decisions I make, but I think it was a good one.

“He’s a fun guy to be around and I think he’s a good football player.”

Coach Bill Belichick has never drafted a quarterback as high as he took Jones, who spent only one full season as the Alabama Crimson Tide starter but won a national championship while putting up 4,500 passing yards, 41 touchdowns and four interceptions. Jones will compete with Cam Newton, Jarrett Stidham and Brian Hoyer for New England’s starting quarterback job when training camp opens this month.

Back