Looking at the Patriots - 2021

Here's the Pats' full list of 2021 opponents:

Home: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New Orleans Saints, Cleveland Browns.
Away: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Indianapolis Colts, Houston Texans, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Los Angeles Chargers.

It just shows that as bad as we were, there were actually 14 teams worse! It felt like a terrible season because of 20yrs of expectations, but we ended up just about in the middle of the league.

Here's the Pats' full list of 2021 opponents:

Home: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New Orleans Saints, Cleveland Browns.
Away: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Indianapolis Colts, Houston Texans, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Los Angeles Chargers.
So NFC South and AFC South are our two rotational conferences. And the Bolts and Browns for the other two AFC divisions. For once it's not KC or Pitt!

It will be a circus when the Bucs come here. What I want is a thumping beat down of them with Brady sacked 10 times and when the game is safe in the 4th quarter, I want Bill to cross over to the Buccs bench, approach Brady with a leather glove, whip him across the face with it and yell "How do you like dem apples bitch!"

but also beat a few with better records: MIA, BAL, ARI & LV and came real close to wins over Seattle and Buffalo at the end.

It will be a circus when the Bucs come here. What I want is a thumping beat down of them with Brady sacked 10 times and when the game is safe in the 4th quarter, I want Bill to cross over to the Buccs bench, approach Brady with a leather glove, whip him across the face with it and yell "How do you like dem apples bitch!"
Bill Murray Yes GIF

Remember what we got at 21? Might ring a bell. Might have had some impact. Don't really remember.

View attachment 1402
I remember it well. I was getting more and more exited he lasted and lasted, and then Miami traded up to two picks before us and I figured we were dead as Vince played in Miami but they went for an OG and then the next team passed on Vince. Man, was I ecstatic.

Not much talk about the return of the eight opt-outs. I only see two of them as being a force in 2021

Four really don't figure to matter much
tight end Matt LaCosse (Pfft)
wide receiver Marqise Lee (If he's the answer we're in trouble)
offensive lineman Najee Toran (Who?)
running back Brandon Bolden (we have a good RB stable and ST was a bright spot last year)

Two we really needed last year, but this year?
safety Patrick Chung (could help or be displaced by quality FA or emerging Dugger)
offensive tackle Marcus Cannon (Like Chung but not as much)

One I'm looking forward to get back healthy and rested
linebacker Dont’a Hightower (Really needed this guy last year and should be a solid asset next year)

One seriously intriguing prospect.
fullback Dan Vitale. (Jacob Johnson was good, but this guy is fast and can catch the ball as well as block.)

Not much talk about the return of the eight opt-outs. I only see two of them as being a force in 2021

Four really don't figure to matter much
tight end Matt LaCosse (Pfft)
wide receiver Marqise Lee (If he's the answer we're in trouble)
offensive lineman Najee Toran (Who?)
running back Brandon Bolden (we have a good RB stable and ST was a bright spot last year)

Two we really needed last year, but this year?
safety Patrick Chung (could help or be displaced by quality FA or emerging Dugger)
offensive tackle Marcus Cannon (Like Chung but not as much)

One I'm looking forward to get back healthy and rested
linebacker Dont’a Hightower (Really needed this guy last year and should be a solid asset next year)

One seriously intriguing prospect.
fullback Dan Vitale. (Jacob Johnson was good, but this guy is fast and can catch the ball as well as block.)

I don't know why and I could be completely off base for a while have thought HT was overrated and overpaid.

He is also injured a lot. When he was younger he was fairly good though.

He's hellagood at stopping the run and blitzing. We missed him a WHOLE LOT this year.
Even so, if he's back his contract $$ will be adjusted downward.

Hightower Is the type of player that will make a play when you absolutely need it, especially when the stakes are high (like the Super Bowl). I have a hard time agreeing that he is overrated. What has hurt him is that he was constantly injured, but when he's healthy and playing you can definitely tell he is out there. He's always around the ball.

Hightower Is the type of player that will make a play when you absolutely need it, especially when the stakes are high (like the Super Bowl). I have a hard time agreeing that he is overrated. What has hurt him is that he was constantly injured, but when he's healthy and playing you can definitely tell he is out there. He's always around the ball.
Overpaid he is.

Back