Looking at the Patriots - 2021

I still have vivid visions of him strip sacking Matt Ryan for the crucial turnover in the SB. He has 1 or 2 great plays like that almost every game.
But yeah, $15M is a lot.

I definitely see him cut/traded if he doesn't restructure. Well, that's if he doesn't retire.

Another clear memory for me is at SB v Seattle, he made that incredible tackle on Lynch that somehow stopped him scoring, right before the Bulter intercept. I watch that and still don't know how he stopped Lynch scoring.

Alright, I'm remembering his greatness now. Maybe it's the high payroll number that got me. But obviously earned it. :)

Hightower Is the type of player that will make a play when you absolutely need it, especially when the stakes are high (like the Super Bowl). I have a hard time agreeing that he is overrated. What has hurt him is that he was constantly injured, but when he's healthy and playing you can definitely tell he is out there. He's always around the ball.
I agree with you.

One issue I see is that we didn't have any physically dominant guys in the front 7 except Lawrence Guy. We used to be a big, physical D, but over the years we've gone more with smaller, quicker players and I think the pendulum needs to swing back the other way. We were too soft up the middle with Byron Cowart unable to anchor and Guy getting double teamed constantly. Yeah, Beau Allen was supposed to be that guy but you can't tell me that there wasn't a run-stuffing fat guy on the waiver wire that couldn't have given us some snaps.

Hightower was a guy that was strong and tough as they come. I wish there was some way we could bring him back for those and a bunch of other reasons, but I won't be holding my breath given the money.

I see Jerod Mayo is interviewing for the Eagles job. Good for him shows ambition. I know the probability is low he'll get it and for selfish reasons, I hope he doesn't as he is smart and clearly is a good coach and will have very good LBs to work with over the coming years here. I'd like him here for a number of years.

I agree with you.

One issue I see is that we didn't have any physically dominant guys in the front 7 except Lawrence Guy. We used to be a big, physical D, but over the years we've gone more with smaller, quicker players and I think the pendulum needs to swing back the other way. We were too soft up the middle with Byron Cowart unable to anchor and Guy getting double teamed constantly. Yeah, Beau Allen was supposed to be that guy but you can't tell me that there wasn't a run-stuffing fat guy on the waiver wire that couldn't have given us some snaps.

Hightower was a guy that was strong and tough as they come. I wish there was some way we could bring him back for those and a bunch of other reasons, but I won't be holding my breath given the money.
I am going to stay on this guy in the draft. I think him or someone like him is key to how BB wants to play. Big fatty in the middle with Uche or Wino, and Guy.

Shows what a great player Vince was. He was an immovable boulder in that line. with a nice turn of short, quick pace to move him where needed.

Best game I saw him play was that squeaky win v Baltimore in the AFCCG in the 2011 season. I think he sacked Flacco with a superb tackle near the end to push them back and then Cundiff missed the FG and we won 23-20. It was a cold night and there's that great shot of him after the game was won, helmet off, arms in the air and the steam rising up from his noggin.

Edit: It wasn't Flacco, he stopped Ray Rice for a critical 3-yard loss which pushed back Cundiff's attempt.

https%3A%2F%2Fchowderandchampions.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F08%2F137565802-afc-championship-baltimore-ravens-v-new-england-patriots.jpg-850x560.jpg

Last edited:
I see Jerod Mayo is interviewing for the Eagles job. Good for him shows ambition. I know the probability is low he'll get it and for selfish reasons, I hope he doesn't as he is smart and clearly is a good coach and will have very good LBs to work with over the coming years here. I'd like him here for a number of years.
dc or head coach?
i think he will be an excellent hc someday.
I do NOT want him to go!!!!🙁

dc or head coach?
i think he will be an excellent hc someday.
I do NOT want him to go!!!!🙁
Head coach! I don't think he's at that level yet, it's too soon, this is likely Rooney rule processes, but good for him to put his hand up. In a few years he'll be HC material with enough experience under his belt.

Quick collection of Vince's best bone crushers. He really made life hell for AFCE QBs down through the years :LOL:

8jgs.gif

539w.jpg

Jermaine+Cunningham+Buffalo+Bills+v+New+England+qS7vkAMEadel.jpg

2N12038.jpg

img20442405.jpg

1610546886386.jpeg

images

rawImage.jpg

D4U25QSFIEI6DM4QQY75UQKYRQ.jpg

Last edited:
I don't often disagree with Jerry but I do on this one. Edelman's not leaving an "I'm gone" message with that tweet imo.
He's commiserating with the rest of us. Reminding us of the legacy we've had in the aftermath of this past season, one he wasn't able to help rectify bc of injury.
We'll see.

very cool. had no idea bubba ventrone was in indy(or maybe i forgot, 😄)

Special Teams was awesome. Bailey was outstanding, number 1 in the league in net yards. He has a cannon of a leg. the accuracy and hangtime are excellent. Folk proved rock solid, just so consistent, who would have thought that? And then Slater is......well he's just simply Slater, the best in the business.

Q uaick collection of Vince's best bone cruishers. He really made life hell for AFCE QBs down through the years :LOL:

Great pics. Thanks, Roberto.

Vince had a lot of dominating plays in his days here, but one of my favorites came against Philly.

Their regular Center got hurt and went out and they replaced him with a rookie who was noticeably undersized. I could see Vince scoping him out, so I focused on him.

Vince lines up straight on the nose and at the snap he fires off the line, picks the dude up by the armpits and blows into the backfield carrying him like a bag of groceries. I suppose he could've
just shed him easy enough, but it was more fun to do what he ended up doing--- dwarf tossed the kid into his own QB. It was hilarious. Welcome to the NFL. I forget the Center's name, but it'd be interesting to see if he remembers that play. He probably still sees Wilfork in his nightmares.

I am going to stay on this guy in the draft. I think him or someone like him is key to how BB wants to play. Big fatty in the middle with Uche or Wino, and Guy.
I think we're all praying for a QB at 15 or a top WR, but unless the worm has turned in Foxboro, we're not going to get either in that spot.

One guy that could help take some of the sting out of that would be if we took Alabama DT Christian Barmore-- listed at 6'5" 311 (he looks heavier to me) -- he dominated the line versus Ohio State. Great technique-- he controls the OL using long arms locking out and keeps his eyes on the backfield before deciding where to throw what is left of the guy. I never noticed him until the other night, but he looked as good as anybody I've seen in a while. And Bama has a very impressive record of sending productive interior DLs to the show.

He's getting a lot of buzz after the job he did on the Buckeyes.

Back