Looking at the Patriots - 2021

I think we're all praying for a QB at 15 or a top WR, but unless the worm has turned in Foxboro, we're not going to get either in that spot.

One guy that could help take some of the sting out of that would be if we took Alabama DT Christian Barmore-- listed at 6'5" 311 (he looks heavier to me) -- he dominated the line versus Ohio State. Great technique-- he controls the OL using long arms locking out and keeps his eyes on the backfield before deciding where to throw what is left of the guy. I never noticed him until the other night, but he looked as good as anybody I've seen in a while. And Bama has a very impressive record of sending productive interior DLs to the show.

He's getting a lot of buzz after the job he did on the Buckeyes.
He's good...but, QB is a bigger need.

Great pics. Thanks, Roberto.

Vince had a lot of dominating plays in his days here, but one of my favorites came against Philly.

Their regular Center got hurt and went out and they replaced him with a rookie who was noticeably undersized. I could see Vince scoping him out, so I focused on him.

Vince lines up straight on the nose and at the snap he fires off the line, picks the dude up by the armpits and blows into the backfield carrying him like a bag of groceries. I suppose he could've
just shed him easy enough, but it was more fun to do what he ended up doing--- dwarf tossed the kid into his own QB. It was hilarious. Welcome to the NFL. I forget the Center's name, but it'd be interesting to see if he remembers that play. He probably still sees Wilfork in his nightmares.
A worthy opponent In fairness to the Jets, Nick Mangold, was a great centre who Vince always pointed out was his toughest opponent in the league. There was always great respect between the two. You'd see them like two grizzly bears going at it, no holds barred and the play would end and they'd be like, "so how you doin' man?" :LOL:

I think we're all praying for a QB at 15 or a top WR, but unless the worm has turned in Foxboro, we're not going to get either in that spot.

One guy that could help take some of the sting out of that would be if we took Alabama DT Christian Barmore-- listed at 6'5" 311 (he looks heavier to me) -- he dominated the line versus Ohio State. Great technique-- he controls the OL using long arms locking out and keeps his eyes on the backfield before deciding where to throw what is left of the guy. I never noticed him until the other night, but he looked as good as anybody I've seen in a while. And Bama has a very impressive record of sending productive interior DLs to the show.

He's getting a lot of buzz after the job he did on the Buckeyes.

I, for one, believe the worm has turned. BB hasn't "needed" to draft "the guy" since 2001.
He needs to now.

I, for one, believe the worm has turned. BB hasn't "needed" to draft "the guy" since 2001.
He needs to now.
I'll respectfully disagree to an extent.

Two years ago the draft was chock full of viable TEs that have proved useful and I was absolutely sure Bill would take at least one, but I was wrong.

And the last two years proved that I was right and Bill was wrong. More examples at positions of glaring, obvious need would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

Two years ago the draft was chock full of viable TEs that have proved useful and I was absolutely sure Bill would take at least one, but I was wrong.

And the last two years proved that I was right and Bill was wrong. More examples at positions of glaring, obvious need would be like shooting fish in a barrel.
If BB doesn't address his glaring holes on his team soon, he won't be able to catch Shula's record. :coffee:

Hopefully he reads this...

He has not drafted well at position of need for the last several drafts. He tried at TE last year but bombed out. If he does not take a position of need with the 15th pick (ideally QB) then I will have serious doubts about his ability to successfully lead this rebuild.

I'm hopeful that losing Caserio puts us back on the right track.

BB needs to have a home run off season. Addressing biggest weakness Outside WR's & Receiving TE. It won't matter who we have at QB if that's not the main priority

The point of the article is that BB has shown he will invest pretty heavily in a WR. Mistake or not, a 2nd for Sanu is a big investment just as a 1st rnd pick was for another WR. Then there was the heavy investment in Antonio Brown for a 1 or 2 year rental. None were even close to top of the market & none have worked out through no fault of his but BB has shown the willingness to invest in the position.

Back