Looking at the Patriots - 2021

Did you actually listen to his voice? He was pragmatic and relaxed. He wasn't irked at all.
As for the state of roster, it also bothered BB which is why he went to FA - and also why Caserio is gone.
This is an important draft for sure but monumental for BB is over the top. No one draft is that important.
Kraft is the ultimate PR man. He is not going to let his emotions fly off the cuff in an interview he has probably been planning for weeks. He is also measured but his comments were very telling too. He is not happy. He is frustrated at the roster and what he had to spend to try to fix it as fast as possible. He is not happy about the QB situation or the drafting. That being said, I do think he is willing to play the process out of a rebuild but this notion that Bill has all the time he wants to fix this is not the case. Kraft underscored that it is a business built on winning. This needs to get headed in the right direction quickly which was Kraft's main thrust IMO and he feels he has put up the capital for that to happen. Now the rest resides with Bill and his guys.

After digesting all of Krafts comments from yesterday and from what he said to Peter King, my biggest take-aways are:

• Most obviously, Kraft is not happy in any way shape or form. I would even say livid. His comments have been very candid and he is not holding anything back on how this roster sunk to bottom third last year.
  • Kraft noted the bad drafting which is a shot right over the bow of Bill and also why Caserio was let go.
  • No weapons for Cam is yet another shot at the poor roster
  • Stidham not getting a shot - this comment is the most surprising to me as he seems to be questioning why Bill did not play Stidham at all last year and this was a discussion that was happening everywhere the last month of the season when we were out of the playoffs. Seems Kraft was wondering too.
  • Kraft made fun of the FA money spree saying "we used to laugh at teams that would do that." In other words, he is not happy about having to put up the type of capital because the roster management has been so poor for several years.

For people who think Bill has a ton of rope because "6 rings", I think we may need to reevaluate that. Kraft emphasized to King and to Lazar that winning is the bottom line in this business. Hopefully with the new FA additions and a new rookie QB, we get back on track this year.

LOL at this interpretation.

This isn’t at all how I interpreted some of his interview. He wants to win, pure and simple. He also understood that to win those SBs, they had to spend . So last year’s situation was based on that.

Hilarious to think that BB is on any kind of hot seat. That’s just pure hate and wishful thinking from you BB haters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kraft is the ultimate PR man. He is not going to let his emotions fly off the cuff in an interview he has probably been planning for weeks. He is also measured but his comments were very telling too. He is not happy. He is frustrated at the roster and what he had to spend to try to fix it as fast as possible. He is not happy about the QB situation or the drafting. That being said, I do think he is willing to play the process out of a rebuild but this notion that Bill has all the time he wants to fix this is not the case. Kraft underscored that it is a business built on winning. This needs to get headed in the right direction quickly which was Kraft's main thrust IMO and he feels he has put up the capital for that to happen. Now the rest resides with Bill and his guys.

Kraft knows BB is the best in the business. Kraft is not about to fire him after 10 SB appearances and 6 rings in 20 years. Your critical thinking is sorely lacking on this matter.

Kraft knows BB is the best in the business. Kraft is not about to fire him after 10 SB appearances and 6 rings in 20 years. Your critical thinking is sorely lacking on this matter.
I never said he was about to fire him. I said he expects results ... and quickly. Pro sports is a production business and the NFL is worth billions.

So how much leeway does he get? How many years of of finishing last or second to last in the division will it take? I’m asking seriously here, because I don’t see a team that’s ready to compete in the AFC East any time soon, and it’s due to mistakes made by BB in evaluating players. I guess we’ll see what happens with the draft. We can blame Harry on Casiro, blame Cams problems on his QB coach, but at the end of the day the buck stops with Belichick.

Hang on....you first said "Kraft is not happy in any way shape or form. I would even say livid" and "he is not holding anything back on how this roster sunk to bottom third last year." And then when it was pointed out that it wasn't the case, he didn't sound irked and was calm etc, you suddenly say well Kraft is a PR expert and doesn't let his emotions fly off the cuff??!

Come on. You need to look at what you're saying here. We know there is still bizarre hurt at bad ol Bill daring to let Saint Thomas of the Blessed Concussion Water walk, but let's not get silly.

So how much leeway does he get? How many years of of finishing last or second to last in the division will it take? I’m asking seriously here, because I don’t see a team that’s ready to compete in the AFC East any time soon, and it’s due to mistakes made by BB in evaluating players. I guess we’ll see what happens with the draft. We can blame Harry on Casiro, blame Cams problems on his QB coach, but at the end of the day the buck stops with Belichick.
At Bill's age he is much more likely to retire than get fired.

How convenient that you got all of that out a fairly candid interview. You make it seem as if Kraft is trying to pull his weight against BB when he expressed to be pretty happy with BB and the direction the team is taking.

This can't possibly be a way for it to fit your agenda, right?

i firmly believe there is not another coach anywhere anytime who would have gotten 7 wins out of that crew but bb.
and i credit the players as well. they were, for the most part, gritty overachievers who didn't quit. i really enjoyed some of the games last year knowing they had NO business even being competitive in some of them, but they won.
and no, i am not a polyanna. i HATED the attitude and effort of the 09 PLAYOFF MAKING DIVISION WINNING Pats. that team is still easily my least favorite pats team, no contest.

Far be it for me to guess what each of your main points are outside of what I can understand in your posts (this isn’t the politics and religion forum after all) but I think you can both be right. Kraft was making it clear to his audience (fans) that he wasn’t happy with 7-9 so in that sense Mazz you are correct. Kraft is also a very smart businessman and understands who can deliver and that is Belichick so in that sense Chevv is correct. LOL.

I’m sitting on the beach in Naples and a little tipsy so hopefully that comes across the way I am trying to say it.🤪🍺🍹

Far be it for me to guess what each of your main points are outside of what I can understand post (this isn’t the politics and religion forum afterall) but I think you can both be right. Kraft was making it clear to his audience that he wasn’t happy with 7-9 so in that sense Mazz you are correct. Kraft is also a very smart businessman and understands who can deliver and that is Belichick so in that sense the rest of us are correct. LOL.

I’m sitting on the beach in Naples and a little tipsy so hopefully that comes across the way I am trying to see it.🤪🍺🍹
Was just looking at heading to Naples on Monday for an impromptu and much needed vacation. How is it?

Far be it for me to guess what each of your main points are outside (this isn’t the politics and religion for him after all) but I think you can both be right. Craft was making it clear to his audience that he wasn’t happy with 79 so in that sense Mazen you are correct. Craft is also a very smart businessman and understands who can deliver and that is Belichick so in that sense the rest of us are correct. LOL.

I’m sitting on the beach in Naples and a little tipsy so hopefully that comes across The way I am trying to see it.
Yes. I think both are true. I just don't think Bill gets infinite time to right things either. Although the poster who said he may retire before being let go is probably right. I also don't believe Kraft would ever publicly fire Bill. He would allow Bill to resign or retire.

Was just looking at heading to Naples on Monday for an impromptu and much needed vacation. How is it?
COME HERE!!!!

Came down in February and fell in love with the place. We’ve visited other portions of Florida many times in the past and can’t understand how we didn’t come here sooner. We’ve shifted the retirement place search to Naples and Bonita Springs.

it’s absolutely gorgeous, super clean, everything you need is here, great food, beautiful beaches. There is a premium to pay but it isn’t so much that we would avoid the place. Shifted our search for sure.

pm me for more if you want it. 👍🏻

Yes. I think both are true. I just don't think Bill gets infinite time to right things either. Although the poster who said he may retire before being let go is probably right. I also don't believe Kraft would ever publicly fire Bill. He would allow Bill to resign or retire.
I truly believe that Bill Belichick will never be “let go”.

Last edited:

So ONE season is the benchmark?

Tell us, what does winning 6 SBs and taking the team to 9 get you as a HC?

One losing season?
Two?
Five?

Dare we compare with other HCs that got multiple years of mediocrity before being fired?

Jesus; you BB haters are so blinded. Unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Back