Looking at the Patriots - 2021

LOL. I doubt he would stoop so low as to come to our board.
Firstly, if a real journalist such as Tom Curran can join the Patsfans board (he's "Prentice McCray" there), then a scuzzbucket hack like Squeaky Mazz could join here. Secondly, when you're as low on the integrity and talent totem poles as Squeaky is, anyplace is a step up.

Firstly, if a real journalist such as Tom Curran can join the Patsfans board (he's "Prenticee McCray" there), then a scuzzbucket hack like Squeaky Mazz could join here. Secondly, when you're as low on the integrity and talent totem poles as Squeaky is, anyplace is a step up.
We've had members of the local press as members.

You didn't answer the question.

Yes I did. I'd rather have player X for $5M/ over player Y who was ranked 20 spots worse at a cost of $25M/ plus the draft capital of a 2nd or 3rd round pick to get him.

JimmyG isn't our answer...especially for that cost.

I'm in no hurry to bail Shanahan out of his costly mistake with Garoppolo.

If you have him on ignore. How do you know he's replied to you .
Only way I see Jimmy coming back this year. Is IF the top QB's are gone in first 4 picks. Then BB might offer the #15 Pick.

#15 + his $25M salary for a player who graded worse than Cam last year?

No way.

As to the question of will SF trade him?
No rookie QB drafted at No. 3 sat for long since 2000. The only rookies drafted anywhere in the first round since 2005 (the year Aaron Rodgers went to the Packers) and not make at least one start their first year are Locker, Brady Quinn and Jordan Love. That's three players in 15 drafts, and Locker was drafted at 8th.

Patrick Mahomes is a reasonable comparison, but he got a start in Week 17 his rookie season. He was also the 10th pick, not No. 3 overall. And if you believe Mahomes is good because he sat most of his rookie season, that's confirmation bias, not reality. Mahomes would have been good no matter how much he played as a rookie.

Rookie quarterbacks like Carson Palmer used to sit a full year to learn. But way back then, VHS was popular too.

Kraft said they will change it up this year. Put a priority at QB. I think that's the only way SF will get rid of Jimmy this season.
It would be a drastic overpay to give up #15 for Jimmy but if Kraft is serious about what he said then he would be willing to part with it to get Jimmy. I don't really want them to do that but the QB is the most critical position but if we gave up that type of draft capital than Jimmy is no longer a bridge, he is THE guy for the foreseeable future. I don't think any of us want that.

Patrick Mahomes is a reasonable comparison, but he got a start in Week 17 his rookie season. He was also the 10th pick, not No. 3 overall. And if you believe Mahomes is good because he sat most of his rookie season, that's confirmation bias, not reality. Mahomes would have been good no matter how much he played as a rookie.
Oh boy. Mahomes credited Alex Smith profusely for his development in his rookie year. He talked about how sitting and learning from Smith helped him to become the QB he is.

Alex showed me how to make the reads easier so I can process faster and play faster. You look at coverages, and you learn how to eliminate things. Alex had seen and studied so much, and he was very helpful about showing me what he saw, so when I got out there I could put the ball in the right place and make the play work. In the Denver game he was helping me every single time I went to the sideline. We’d get on that tablet and we’d look at the plays, and he would help me identify how they were blitzing by how they were lining up with their fronts, and who was coming, and if this guy came, where I was supposed to put the ball.

Looking back, I know last year is going to help me a ton in my career. I wanted to play; I wanted to be out there with the guys. But you know every single day what you’re working for. You’re studying and making sure you’re ready in case you are put into the game; at the same time, you know the future. Every day I came in and worked as hard as I could to make sure that I was ready for whenever the opportunity did come.

I'm not opposed to signing JimmyG, but only if SF lets him go via free agency.
If that happens, he will go to the highest bidder which won't be us. I would imagine either the Bears, WFT or even the Saints would pay him more.

Y
Yes I did. I'd rather have player X for $5M/ over player Y who was ranked 20 spots worse at a cost of $25M/ plus the draft capital of a 2nd or 3rd round pick to get him.

JimmyG isn't our answer...especially for that cost.

I'm in no hurry to bail Shanahan out of his costly mistake with Garoppolo.
You really should broaden your horizons beyond PFF.

The QB is the one position you absolutely should pay for no matter what. The Pats have the money so there is no excuses. If Jimmy is Plan A as they have been saying, then go get him and pay him.

Bill has. Pats said Jimmy is Plan A.

Back