Looking at the Patriots - 2021

It's going to be a dogfight for the division with the new suddenly competent Bills and Fins, but I have high hopes that thinks will come together by Thanksgiving and we can do better in the playoffs than the last two years (one appearance, no wins).
No doubt but IMHO the advantage may change favorably in our direction sooner then we may have thought and if not it’s ok things will level out sooner rather then later and I’m ok with both. Nothing good happens fast....

~Dee~

This draft gave me a hard on. When that happens the Patriots end up being serious contenders within 2 to 3 years. I doubt We make it to the Super Bowl this year, but next year I expect tremendous things. We got to give our rookie quarterback a year to learn the system and to get his feet under him. I think we will see a lot of Cam Newton this year to take the pressure off the rookie. If Cam really blows moose cock early then I could see the rookie coming in sooner than later. But I think Cam will have a better year because the new tight end additions. I do think Bill will try to win it all this year because it’s in his DNA to put the team in position to win,but I also think that’s expecting a lot still.
Either way it’s going to be a fun football season ahead. I can’t wait for it to start.

This draft gave me a hard on. When that happens the Patriots end up being serious contenders within 2 to 3 years. I doubt We make it to the Super Bowl this year, but next year I expect tremendous things. We got to give our rookie quarterback a year to learn the system and to get his feet under him. I think we will see a lot of Cam Newton this year to take the pressure off the rookie. If Cam really blows moose cock early then I could see the rookie coming in sooner than later. But I think Cam will have a better year because the new tight end additions. I do think Bill will try to win it all this year because it’s in his DNA to put the team in position to win,but I also think that’s expecting a lot still.
Either way it’s going to be a fun football season ahead. I can’t wait for it to start.
"...blows moose cock..." My god, that is literary genius. Kudos. That SOB should be on a billboard off the Pike somewhere.😂

New England Patriots Depth Chart: Offense​

Patriots%20Depth%20Chart%20Graphic%20Offense.jpg

New England Patriots Depth Chart: Defense​

Patriots%20Depth%20Chart%20Graphic%20Defense_2.jpg

I haven't seen anything else written by Jacob Camenker (the source of those depth charts that KoK posted). I don't often frequent the NBC Sports site.

But any listing of the New England Patriots roster that doesn't include special teams has to have been done by someone that doesn't know Patriots football and Bill Belichick.

Matthew Slater and Brandon Bolden don't appear on either the Offense or Defense depth charts. No mention of All-Pro punter Jake Bailey.

Special teams aren't really a third of the game, but they're still a huge point of emphasis for the guys in Foxborough. But apparently they don't register with Mr. Camenker.

WR looks like it's one injury away from being below average. Other than that, the roster looks really stacked. Definitely looking forward to how the team looks when it's all said and done. It's safe to say this current team is exceptionally more talented and with a ton of depth. I think Mac will be ready less than a season, but if Cam plays well he should continue to sit and learn. He looks plenty capable, he looked really really happy to be picked by the Pats... so that's the cherry on top.

The Pats still have one of the worst WR groups collectively in the NFL...on top of that, Edelman retired. Not sure what BB is thinking for not addressing it.

Does anyone know whether Brandon King is going to make it back this year?

Valuable special teams guy if he can return to the form he showed before his knee injury.

The Pats still have one of the worst WR groups collectively in the NFL...on top of that, Edelman retired. Not sure what BB is thinking for not addressing it.

I'll give it a shot...
Unless Randy Moss, WRs are a dime a dozen. They're interchangeable. Coaching, scheme and play call are more important than the individual player's ability.
The QB's job is to throw to the open guy whether he's a Ferrari or a Ford F350.
Then there's the diva component which is anathema to the Patriots' philosophy of unselfishness. 1000 paper cuts requires less money and less maintenance.
WR by committee isn't flashy but it works just as effectively for the goal of winning.

Add what you think is needed. I wanted to keep it short and to the point. How did I do?

I'll give it a shot...
Unless Randy Moss, WRs are a dime a dozen. They're interchangeable. Coaching, scheme and play call are more important than the individual player's ability.
The QB's job is to throw to the open guy whether he's a Ferrari or a Ford F350.
Then there's the diva component which is anathema to the Patriots' philosophy of unselfishness. 1000 paper cuts requires less money and less maintenance.
WR by committee isn't flashy but it works just as effectively for the goal of winning.

Add what you think is needed. I wanted to keep it short and to the point. How did I do?
I suppose he can trade a 4th pick for a WR that has proven to be legit, but, disgruntled on their current team... :coffee:

WR looks like it's one injury away from being below average. Other than that, the roster looks really stacked. Definitely looking forward to how the team looks when it's all said and done. It's safe to say this current team is exceptionally more talented and with a ton of depth. I think Mac will be ready less than a season, but if Cam plays well he should continue to sit and learn. He looks plenty capable, he looked really really happy to be picked by the Pats... so that's the cherry on top.
That's the thing with good QBs. They get drafted high in the first round and so usually go to suck teams who suck because of poor coaching and poor GM and poor owners.

So in a way, Jones and Trask fell into a great situation, while Lawrence and Wilson are going to have to be super QBs to survive. Lance is okay but not Fields. Fields is likely to pay a price for going 4 picks ahead of Jones.
Does anyone know whether Brandon King is going to make it back this year?

Valuable special teams guy if he can return to the form he showed before his knee injury.
He didn't make the cut when I tried to put together a roster last night. You never know about BB and his ST roster, but I think he gets sacrificed to make room for an up-and-coming youngster.

That's the thing with good QBs. They get drafted high in the first round and so usually go to suck teams who suck because of poor coaching and poor GM and poor owners.

So in a way, Jones and Trask fell into a great situation, while Lawrence and Wilson are going to have to be super QBs to survive. Lance is okay but not Fields. Fields is likely to pay a price for going 4 picks ahead of Jones.

He didn't make the cut when I tried to put together a roster last night. You never know about BB and his ST roster, but I think he gets sacrificed to make room for an up-and-coming youngster.
Jags will be good soon...

This is going to be a very different team than last year and I'm really looking forward to the season.

The D should be able to bring more pressure than it has in years. The D-backs are still very solid ('d like to hang on to Gilmour at this point).

I expect another WR added at some point, but it won't be a game changer, obviously.

I hope Cam can keep Mac on the bench, I don't think it will happen, but if it does we'd be in good shape for the future,

This is going to be a very different team than last year and I'm really looking forward to the season.

The D should be able to bring more pressure than it has in years. The D-backs are still very solid ('d like to hang on to Gilmour at this point).

I expect another WR added at some point, but it won't be a game changer, obviously.

I hope Cam can keep Mac on the bench, I don't think it will happen, but if it does we'd be in good shape for the future,
100%

Only comment is that hope Cam can play well enough to give Mac (CAM/MAC, LOL) a year to absorb. The Chiefs did it right with PM.

Back