Looking at the Patriots - 2021

I'll give it a shot...
Unless Randy Moss, WRs are a dime a dozen. They're interchangeable. Coaching, scheme and play call are more important than the individual player's ability.
The QB's job is to throw to the open guy whether he's a Ferrari or a Ford F350.
Then there's the diva component which is anathema to the Patriots' philosophy of unselfishness. 1000 paper cuts requires less money and less maintenance.
WR by committee isn't flashy but it works just as effectively for the goal of winning.

Add what you think is needed. I wanted to keep it short and to the point. How did I do?
Mother of god, her son and all other deities...thank you. Finally, the truth.

PFF Passing Grade in 2020 among top 2021 Draft QBs:
1. Zach Wilson - 95.5
2. Mac Jones - 94.8
6. Justin Fields - 92.2
10. Trevor Lawrence - 90.3

i love that bb seems to be having more fun with things publicly.
It's almost like someone told him that he needed to be just a bit less cyborg'ish to connect with these younger players coming in. Damn kids these days. :ROFLMAO:

Mike Reiss disses Gunner :eek1:

New England Patriots

Did the Patriots do enough at wide receiver?

They could use some more speed at the position, with their only move in the draft coming with their final pick, No. 242 overall: Central Florida's Tre Nixon. This was considered one of the deepest receiver classes, and for now, the team's depth chart is topped by Nelson Agholor, Kendrick Bourne, Jakobi Meyers and N'Keal Harry. -- Mike Reiss

New England Patriots

They could use some more speed at the position, with their only move in the draft coming with their final pick, No. 242 overall: Central Florida's Tre Nixon. This was considered one of the deepest receiver classes, and for now, the team's depth chart is topped by Nelson Agholor, Kendrick Bourne, Jakobi Meyers and N'Keal Harry. -- Mike Reiss

Well, he did say “topped by.” I wouldn’t put Gunner in the top tier, yet. Even for this group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

New England Patriots

Reiss has been covering this team long enough to know that BB rarely picks guys out of the "deep" positions, he alsmost always seems to go the other way.

New England Patriots

No, BB didn't do enough at WR...he doesn't think much of WR's though.

Back