Looking at the Patriots - 2021

i wouldn't start in 08, i'd start after rookie deals for qbs went from sam bradford idiocy to reasonable. so 2011. i'd bet money definitely plays a factor in these decisions for some teams.
Point

After a successful draft process with good results BB has given some important people well deserved promotions

Matt Groh is promoted to Director of College Scouting
Steve Cargile is promoted to Director of Pro Scouting
Camren Williams takes over for Matt Groh as a Patriots National Scout joining Brandon Yeargan as one of two national scouts under Matt Groh.

I don't know where this leaves Eliot Wolf.

After a successful draft process with good results BB has given some important people well deserved promotions

Matt Groh is promoted to Director of College Scouting
Steve Cargile is promoted to Director of Pro Scouting
Camren Williams takes over for Matt Groh as a Patriots National Scout joining Brandon Yeargan as one of two national scouts under Matt Groh.

I don't know where this leaves Eliot Wolf.
... at the door?

Cheers

It will be the only time. I will hope Brady fails & gets embarrassed.
Do you think if Brady goes 20-0, has a perfect season, owns every passing record, has beaten all 32 teams, and has everything he could ever want, that he'll finally just f***ing retire? I don't, I think the only way he's coming off the field for good is if he's carted off. As such I'm right there with you, rooting for a 52-0 blowout with Mac Jones looking amazing while Brady looks old.

Camp schedule:
Though subject to change at the discretion of the team, here's what's on tap for the Patriots.
The rookies are scheduled for May 14-16, with full offseason workouts kicking off a week later with the rest of the team and running into mid-June.
OTA Offseason Workouts: May 24-25, May 27, June 1, June 3-4, June 7-8, June 10-11
June 15-17 for Mandatory Minicamp,
when we should finally get a first glimpse of the full 2021 Patriots.

Do you think if Brady goes 20-0, has a perfect season, owns every passing record, has beaten all 32 teams, and has everything he could ever want, that he'll finally just f***ing retire? I don't, I think the only way he's coming off the field for good is if he's carted off. As such I'm right there with you, rooting for a 52-0 blowout with Mac Jones looking amazing while Brady looks old.
Gosh, I hope Mazz and Middie were sitting down when they read this.... :coffee:

I don’t think Mac will be playing that game. It’ll be Cam.
Why put a rookie QB in that spot? Plus I think BB is more devoted to Cam than most realize.

NFL schedule will be released on Wednesday, May 12th! Soon we will know when Brady returns to Foxborough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The hot rumor on the radio the weekend before last is Thanksgiving Night. We'll see soon enough.

I don’t think Mac will be playing that game. It’ll be Cam.
Why put a rookie QB in that spot? Plus I think BB is more devoted to Cam than most realize.
The reason I want it to be Mac is because that would likely be his only chance to face Brady, so being 1-0 in their career matchup is a phenomenal early feather in the cap to earn credibility and respect. Plus with Cam's level of play to this point, I'm excited for what Mac can bring to the table much more than I am excited to see if Cam can turn it around, if that makes sense.

Or in other words, now that MaC is on the roster, starting CaM just seems.... backwards. :coffee:

Jete released WR Josh Doctson. Worth a look after opting out last year? Maybe.
He won't be the last WR released. Pats have left plenty of space to add players this year.

Here is the PFF draft profile for TCU wide receiver Josh Doctson, which incorporates PFF’s college grades and scouting intel from our team of analysts. To see all of PFF’s 2016 scouting reports, click here.

Position rank: Top 5
Overall rank: Top 32

Position fit​

Outside wide receiver​

Stat to know:​

At 4.07, no player averaged more yards per route run at wide receiver in this draft class

What he does best:​

• Tremendous leaping ability
• Good hands, dropped just six of the 84 catchable passes thrown his way in 2015
• Can out muscle defensive backs
• With size and physicality, is a nightmare to cover on slants. Uses his body well to shield the ball from defensive backs
• Had the highest PFF receiving grade of any receiver in college football in 2015

Biggest concern:​

• Deep speed is good, not great
• Likewise, ability to separate is good but not great

Bottom line:​

Doctson does a lot of things very well, and while he might not have elite speed, few receivers in this draft class can go up and win a ball quite like him.

Back