Looking at the Patriots - 2021

Ice Cube Friday GIF

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm having a real hard time trying to trim this roster down to 53. Best I can do is get it to 60.

NE Roster.jpg

Burkhead is a Texan

Usually not a big podcast guy, but this conversation was extremely insightful. I didn't even realize it was an hour long until I finished it. Jules talks with Chris Long about the Pats/BB/Tom Brady, retirement, Cam and the culture. Really reccommend giving it a listen/watch.

Well, here's an interesting little table. Cam has a few areas to work on but deep accuracy isn't one of them despite what a few here have said.

E25rw8WXwAwbHiq

Our TE room is one of the best in the league.

Jonnu should surprise some Pats fans this year who don't know his abilities as a receiver. Smith is great with the ball in his hands and makes a lot of plays running away from defenders.
Our QB, whoever that is, will find him a comforting presence on the field.
Henry is our "complete" TE; for now, I think of him as 80% of prime Gronk. Only five tight ends averaged more targets on a per-game basis last year. Henry learned quickly how to
help his rookie QB.

How good are our TEs?

Listening to "Moving the Chains" on SiriusXM NFL yesterday ranking the AFC TE rooms --> Patriots are ranked the 2nd best TEs room in the AFC this year, having 2 TEs ranked in the top 5 of AFC TEs.
The Pats are the only team to have 2 TEs ranked individually in the top 10 league wide.
Both Henry and Jonnu were ranked higher league-wide than better known names like Gronk, Engram, Irv Smith, Robert Tonyan and many more.
In the AFC, only Kelce, Waller, Mark Andrews and Fant are ranked higher. Henry is next at 5th and Jonnu is 6th.

NFL TE rankings:
Bold = AFC
1. Kelce

2. Kittle
3. Darren Waller
4. TJ Hockenson (Detroit. Loved the guy in his draft)
5. Mark Andrews
6. Dallas Goedert
7. Noah Fant (projection bc injured much of last year)
8. HHenry
9. Jonnu Smith

Back