Looking at the Patriots - 2021

JC Jackson will be nationally recognized for his outstanding play soon.
Ramsey is the highest paid CB in the league at $20M/.
JCJ will be paid soon, too.
E3TYX7dX0AIW9Yp

Alshon was always heavy going back to his SC days. When you’re young you can get away with it to some extent, but I don’t think it’s helping him now with all the ankle and foot injuries piling up. To me there were some major red flags with his recovery process last season.

One of the few bright spots in what was a difficult season for the New England Patriots was the play of running back Damien Harris. The former Alabama star bolstered the Patriots running game in a big way. One statistic in particular shows just how explosive he was.

Nick Shook of NFL Media compiled a metric that ranked the NFL’s most explosive running backs. Players needed to record 100 rushing attempts and at least 20 carries of 10-plus yards to make the list.

Harris reached 15 miles per hour on 22.6% of his rushing attempts in 2020. 31-of-137 rushing attempts reached 15 miles per hour.

“Here’s one surprise right off the bat,” Shook wrote. “Harris landed on this list because of his productivity despite seeing just 137 attempts last season, but he proved to be an occasional spark plug for the Patriots on the ground. Harris’ 31 runs of 15-plus mph showed he can consistently ramp up to a dangerous speed when carrying the ball, and when he has the space to really let it rip, he’s proven to be among the league’s fastest. Harris reached 20.6 mph on a 41-yard rush in Week 4 against Kansas City, which was the highest speed on a single rush by a Patriot since the 2018 season.”
He recorded 137 rushing attempts for 691 yards and two touchdowns last season. He has the chance to be a fixture in a crowded running back room for the Patriots in 2021. Along with his physicality, he certainly brings an element of speed.

JC Jackson will be nationally recognized for his outstanding play soon.
Ramsey is the highest paid CB in the league at $20M/.
JCJ will be paid soon, too.
E3TYX7dX0AIW9Yp

Huge difference is that Ramsey did that as a #1, who QBs typically avoid.

JC has the YUGE advantage of playing with Gilmore; he was nowhere as good when Gilmore was out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JC has the YUGE advantage of playing with Gilmore; he was nowhere as good when Gilmore was out.

Agree totally, but it won't make any difference as far as media and fan (preset company excluded) notoriety go. Stats rule.

And that's exactly how BB will approach negotiations with him.

Chev - Can you send Middies direction to BB so he doesn't screw this up?

TIA,

Al

Last edited:
Just booked My flight for Carolina game. My total trip cost will still be cheaper then Oct 3 Game ticket. I much rather go to Newton return game.

I view Jackson almost like Ju Ju before AB left Pittsburgh. He’s benefiting a lot from Gilmore and the safety play.
Still though he’s pretty damn good. Good enough a team will pay him more than he’s worth. In two years the secondary could look thin.
But heck in today’s NFL that’s true for any position group on any team.

It's insane that the NFL was putting so many games into London and ignoring Germany. There is a HUGE fan base in Germany for the NFL, the fans will be itching to get games there. A venue like the Allianz Arena in Munich would be ideal and would make for a fantastic trip for any US fans, especially if it coincides with Oktoberfest!!

munich-700x325.jpg

17936793_303.jpg

Oktoberfest-Germany-1.jpg

A lot of what you say is true especially with the comparison to Harry. Jeffrey was never fast or quick.
The problem, as I see it anyway, is that I don't think Harry will make this roster either, based on his merits & not draft position, unless he makes a quantum leap in TC. That could come with a change to the slot position so he can live out his Boldin dreams. Can Harry beat out Meyers and Bourne to be our slot guy?
Also consider that we have legit TEs now to make those tough catches in the RZ without having to steal a roster spot for a guy sliding down the slippery slope into retirement.

I'm going to lay out a last-ditch hope-laden spin on Harry. Please, bear with me.

Over the first 4 weeks of the season, Harry caught 18 on 28 targets with a TD and 9 first downs. His rating was somewhere around an 88 and he broke 4 tackles. That kind of
production would have projected out to 72 catches and 4 TDs which is a far cry from his rookie year. I'm going on memory here, but he got clocked twice in the helmet and the
first one, which I believe was in the 3rd game vs. the Raiders (going on memory) appeared particularly vicious even though it didn't draw a flag. He played through it, but
something looked different in his motor skills and I think he was rocked. Then, he got number two vs. KC and that one started him on a really rocky stretch where he missed a game
and produced only 15 more catches in the remaining 11 games. He also broke zero tackles.

While our sorry offense contributed to those stats, what I saw was a guy that didn't look as athletic, showed zero explosion and even appeared tentative blocking. He was
anything but tentative as a rookie blocker and that dog don't hunt. In short, I think he may have had a more significant concussion(s) than was reported and he could not
overcome the effects. I did think he showed a little more spark to close out the season with better separation if not numbers, which might lend a little more evidence that
he recovered, but very slowly and our offense was in the toilet by that time.

So, I'm going to try to remember those flashes I saw of him as a rookie and early last season and consider that he MIGHT not be as bad as we think. Maybe he has just been
snakebit, but clearly we need to see more explosion, more physicality, more production and fewer mental mistakes or I won't be able to make any more excuses for him.

I'm going to lay out a last-ditch hope-laden spin on Harry. Please, bear with me.

Over the first 4 weeks of the season, Harry caught 18 on 28 targets with a TD and 9 first downs. His rating was somewhere around an 88 and he broke 4 tackles. That kind of
production would have projected out to 72 catches and 4 TDs which is a far cry from his rookie year. I'm going on memory here, but he got clocked twice in the helmet and the
first one, which I believe was in the 3rd game vs. the Raiders (going on memory) appeared particularly vicious even though it didn't draw a flag. He played through it, but
something looked different in his motor skills and I think he was rocked. Then, he got number two vs. KC and that one started him on a really rocky stretch where he missed a game
and produced only 15 more catches in the remaining 11 games. He also broke zero tackles.

While our sorry offense contributed to those stats, what I saw was a guy that didn't look as athletic, showed zero explosion and even appeared tentative blocking. He was
anything but tentative as a rookie blocker and that dog don't hunt. In short, I think he may have had a more significant concussion(s) than was reported and he could not
overcome the effects. I did think he showed a little more spark to close out the season with better separation if not numbers, which might lend a little more evidence that

So, I'm going to try to remember those flashes I saw of him as a rookie and early last season and consider that he MIGHT not be as bad as we think. Maybe he has just been
snakebit, but clearly we need to see more explosion, more physicality, more production and fewer mental mistakes or I won't be able to make any more excuses for him.

I recall he got clocked really, really hard against the Seahawks. Helmet to helmet. He appeared to shrug it off and even had a solid game. But you're right, after the concussion he was a shell of his former no-so-great self.

I more or less gave up on him, but if he were to be able to find his niche and make the team, I'll be rooting for him.

Edit: found it.

I don't have near the hope for him that you do but at this point it's entirely up to him and his performance from now til last cutdowns on August 31.
If he were a slot guy, I'd give him good shot.
We currently have 10 WRs on the roster and currently he's my last player out assuming BB keeps 5 WRs not inc. Slater or Zuber (return guy).
We also have 7 TEs. I'm assuming BB will keep at least 4. LaCosse is my 5th TE unless Rashod Berry shows out in TC.
Iow, we have a lot of receivers and many can do what Harry has shown he can do. Kristian Wilkerson could be a guy, too. IDK.
Give em all time to play themselves off the roster/PS. The good ones will be obvious pretty soon.

I recall he got clocked really, really hard against the Seahawks. Helmet to helmet. He appeared to shrug it off and even had a solid game. But you're right, after the concussion he was a shell of his former no-so-great self.

I more or less gave up on him, but if he were to be able to find his niche and make the team, I'll be rooting for him.

Edit: found it.

I must be mis-remembering it. Which happens. No big whoop.

The way I had it, the first time he took an H2H -- it was far worse looking than that one vs. Seattle and whoever it was didn't even get flagged. I seem to recall that
I was furious that football seemed, like most things in the world at that time, hopelessly fucked up and the suits upstairs probably preferred that players get their
health and careers ruined rather than admit that the refs were hapless schmoes who were cardboard cutouts in some weird parody of football. I figured the second
hit was properly flagged only because the first was such an obvious screwup. But, I get emotional and now I'm not sure what happened. I honestly don't have any
confirmation that it even happened other than a general memory that Harry got poleaxed and it wasn't that one you provided.

Anyhow, I do appreciate you shedding some light, Skip. I'm stubborn in that I try to keep all this stuff in my head rather than do a deep dive, but whatever happened.
I think Harry did his absolute best to try and be a tough guy, because he knew folks what people were saying about him, but he just couldn't function.

Anyhow, if ANYBODY knows what the hell I'm talking about then please provide some detail, because I swear it happened more or less how I had it.

Back