Looking at the Patriots - 2021

Nope, the organization under Bill made continued efforts to keep quality veterans around to take advantage of Brady's closing window. That cost money and several years money had been pushed into the future with a sort of win-now mentality that was a bit different than when Brady was younger as he was nearing the end.

The bill always comes due. You got 2 SBs and paid for it with a down year or so. This team once again under the GOAT's keen mind and hand is on an upward trajectory once again, I for one am very happy about that.

I'll ask again. who would you rather run the show in Foxboro than Bill Belichick?
The roster was upside down due to Bill's horrible drafting and not extending the talent from the early 2010s.

I would rather have the guys Kraft brought in this year to help Bill. It was not only a good off-season but a very different off-season. I want more of them and less of Bill.

The roster was upside down due to Bill's horrible drafting and not extending the talent from the early 2010s.

I would rather have the guys Kraft brought in this year to help Bill. It was not only a good off-season but a very different off-season. I want more of them and less of Bill.

That is truly a sad statement, Mazz.

BB didn't keep her hero. So it will always be SSDD. While we're excited for the 2021 Patriots. I will say it again . Cam better improve this year. He will be sitting on Bench

Last edited:
BB didn't keep her hero. So it will always be SSDD. While we're excited for the 2021 Patriots. I will say it again . Cam better improve this year. He will be sitting on Bench
Contrary to what many believe, I think Cam will be on a very short leash. And that's if he's the starter, which I don't believe is a lock by any means.

Contrary to what many believe, I think Cam will be on a very short leash. And that's if he's the starter, which I don't believe is a lock by any means.

No, Cam, I don't think is lock for the whole season but Bill just said he is their starter. And to be fair, I once again watched some of the beginnings of last season and Cam comported himself pretty well for someone with virtually no offseason with this team in a devastating year sports-wise. Then he got sick, lost precious time in a very complex system, and just wasn't the same.

If he is the starter I will root for him to the extreme until it's time not to be. I have really grown in appreciation for who he is from afar character-wise and what he has delivered on the field in his career is a bit unconventional but pretty quality nevertheless.

Last edited:
No, Cam, I don't think is lock for the whole season but Bill just said he is their starter. And to be fair, I once again watched some of the beggings of last season and Cam comported himself pretty well for someone with virtually no offseason with this team in a devastating year sports-wise. Then he got sick, lost precious time in a very complex system, and just wasn't the same.

If he is the starter I will root for him to the extreme until it's time not to be. I have really grown in appreciation for who he is from afar character-wise and what he has delivered on the field in his career is a bit unconventional but pretty quality nevertheless.
I agree with everything you wrote, except I'm not sure Bill won't change his mind. But, I have become a big admirer of Cam and his attitude, professionalism and character. My only question about all of that is how he'll react to being replaced whilch I think is only a master of when, not if.

I agree with everything you wrote, except I'm not sure Bill won't change his mind. But, I have become a big admirer of Cam and his attitude, professionalism and character. My only question about all of that is how he'll react to being replaced whilch I think is only a master of when, not if.

Yep, very interesting question, and as Hawg said he may not have a QB competition since freshman year in college. Should be interesting.

Last edited:
Contrary to what many believe, I think Cam will be on a very short leash. And that's if he's the starter, which I don't believe is a lock by any means..
Agreed thats why I predicted Jones. Could be Starting by Week 4 . If he didn't inprove with the new additions . We're starting to see better mechanics & zip in his passes.

Last edited:
No, Cam, I don't think is lock for the whole season but Bill just said he is their starter. And to be fair, I once again watched some of the beggings of last season and Cam comported himself pretty well for someone with virtually no offseason with this team in a devastating year sports-wise. Then he got sick, lost precious time in a very complex system, and just wasn't the same.

When Cam came here, I thought good QB but not so much a lockerroom/teammate. I still thing he's a good QB, especially with the scant Intro to Patriots Fotball he received. However, he is a far better person and teammate than I could have imagined. I thought they kept Hoyer to mentor Jones, but the other day when Jones was frustrated Cam pulled him aside and talked with him for several minutes. He has been supportive of Jones from the start the way Bruschi helped Mayo take his job. He is a great personality on and off the field. Not sure what else you could ask for.

Thats a good thing. They are offering those services . It still up to player . To handle their finances. Unless they hire a money manager. I dont feel sorry for them. If they're being Foolish with their money . Once the season or their career over.
I don't disagree with you. The tools are there for them to use. But you can't force then to use them.

Who plays starting QB is still to be determined, granted, but I've hit the brakes on throwing MJ into the fire too early. That's not bc I think he'll shrivel up mentally, it's bc BB knows how much rookies have to learn before he trusts them in a game. The kid has a lot to learn about reading NFL defenses & then beating those defenses and that's without even mentioning he has to learn the Pats' offensive play book and every play's scripted adjustments. He's shown promise with scripted plays in shorts and T-shirts but he's shown plenty of inconsistencies, too.

Playing effectively in full pads with the fog of people doing violent things all around you is much more difficult. Cam already has experience reading defenses and he should have a little better knowledge of the playbook and what Josh McD wants from him by now on a play by play basis. Cam has the advantage bc of his NFL experience and a year in this system. Mac has a lot of catching up to do despite Curran claiming the Mac is giving the coaches something to chew on. We're reading that Cam has pulled ahead of MJ in shorts by all reports. When the pads come on and the fog thickens, Cam should pull ahead even more. I'm cutting MJ a lot of slack when it comes to my expectations. I'm not worried about him...just being realistic about which QB gives us the best chance to win games now bc that's how BB will look at it. I don't think Mac will start any games this year unless Cam is injured. He'll play in some games just as Stidham has but starting is a more complicated decision with all sorts of collateral damage. It's possible...just not likely unless late in the season there's nothing to play for, the Pats are out of it and BB wants to see what he's got.

Lots can change in the next 2 weeks. To Be Determined.

Last edited:
I see Trent but where's Mike Reiss and his ladder?
Dang that guy is huge.

E7p21ZfXMAIzAyL

Who plays starting QB is still to be determined, granted, but I've hit the brakes on throwing MJ into the fire too early. That's not bc I think he'll shrivel up mentally, it's bc BB knows how much rookies have to learn before he trusts them in a game. The kid has a lot to learn about reading NFL defenses & then beating those defenses and that's without even mentioning he has to learn the Pats' offensive play book and every play's scripted adjustments. He's shown promise with scripted plays in shorts and T-shirts but he's shown plenty of inconsistencies, too.

Playing effectively in full pads with the fog of people doing violent things all around you is much more difficult. Cam already has experience reading defenses and he should have a little better knowledge of the playbook and what Josh McD wants from him by now on a play by play basis. Cam has the advantage bc of his NFL experience and a year in this system. Mac has a lot of catching up to do despite Curran claiming the Mac is giving the coaches something to chew on. We're reading that Cam has pulled ahead of MJ in shorts by all reports. When the pads come on and the fog thickens, Cam should pull ahead even more. I'm cutting MJ a lot of slack when it comes to my expectations. I'm not worried about him...just being realistic about which QB gives us the best chance to win games now bc that's how BB will look at it. I don't think Mac will start any games this year unless Cam is injured. He'll play in some games just as Stidham has but starting is a more complicated decision with all sorts of collateral damage. It's possible...just not likely unless late in the season there's nothing to play for, the Pats are out of it and BB wants to see what he's got.

Lots can change in the next 2 weeks. To Be Determined.
Jones is the most NFL ready Qb by every draft report and as Curran wrote, he is turning heads already.

I understand the whole experience thing but Cam stinks. Jones is already throwing a much better ball than him and also more importantly getting the ball out of his hand quickly.

I truly hope you are wrong and Jones is not riding the pine all season as that will make this season as unbearable as last year.

Jones is the most NFL ready Qb by every draft report and as Curran wrote, he is turning heads already.

I understand the whole experience thing but Cam stinks. Jones is already throwing a much better ball than him and also more importantly getting the ball out of his hand quickly.

I truly hope you are wrong and Jones is not riding the pine all season as that will make this season as unbearable as last year.

2 things.
Having started only 17 games in college, Mac Jones is most inexperienced QB drafted in the first 3 rounds in the last decade.
Pads aren't on yet. Let's wait til pads come on before evaluating the players. There's lots of time to determine the starter.

Evan Lazar says regardless who the QB is, this Pats' offense is much improved over last year's version

Evan Lazar says regardless who the QB is, this Pats' offense is much improved over last year's version

Not sure how anybody questions this. Damn.

I think most of us here agree, let's see how TC goes and pre-season and then we can start to discuss who should start at QB. Those condemning Cam already, get a grip. We've seen nothing yet to make any judgements and Cam is fully fit and a year on. If we have a genuine contest with Mac and Cam shining, that's great, surely that's what any team wants? I find it weird that some people are dying for Cam to fail and screw up so Mac can get the job.

Back