Looking at the Patriots - 2021

Chandler Jones’ third sack of the game gave him 100 for his career. He became the eighth player since the NFL began tracking sacks to reach triple digits in career sacks in the first 125 games of his career, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

His time-to-sack average was 3.48 seconds, which was his second-fastest time-to-sack average in a game where he had multiple sacks since NFL Next Gen Stats started tracking the stat in 2016.

"He was unblockable most of training camp to the point where it's like, 'Hey, we can only pass when he's out of game' type of deal," Kingsbury said after the game. "He was awesome. So, I didn't know if he'd have five, but I knew he would impact the game. There was no doubt."
********************************************************************************

Chandler Jones could down as our best defensive draft pick of past 30 years.

His career is arguably better than Wilfork, McGinest and even Seymour. Tough to compare with Ty Law different positions but they are probably the top 2.
He was never going to be re-signed in NE. He's all about the money. He wanted to.force his way out of Arizona...because...he wants more money. Imagine that?

He was never going to be re-signed in NE. He's all about the money. He wanted to.force his way out of Arizona...because...he wants more money. Imagine that?
I know. I was just pointing out how amazing his career has been.

In addition to the sacks, he leads the NFL just about every year in forced fumbles and is one of league leaders in tackles FOR LOSS.

Chandler Jones is talented. But when you look at his stats game-by-game and look at the opposition, the shine starts to fade pretty quickly and you start to get a picture of why he tended to disappear in the postseason. He feasts on average and below average OLmen, and disappears against the better ones. You can also run at him (though he is tough when you try to run away from him). Since the OLmen in the postseason tend to be much better than those in the regular season...there you go.

I would take any of the four players mentioned (Wilfork, McGinest, Seymour, or Law) ahead of him in some hypothetical draft without hesitation. All of those players were talented, unselfish, did their job exquisitely well, then expanded on that to get to the eye-popping plays. They also had a habit of raising their game in the postseason (Wilfork being the possible exception here) and against elite competition across from them.

Chandler Jones is talented. But when you look at his stats game-by-game and look at the opposition, the shine starts to fade pretty quickly and you start to get a picture of why he tended to disappear in the postseason. He feasts on average and below average OLmen, and disappears against the better ones. You can also run at him (though he is tough when you try to run away from him). Since the OLmen in the postseason tend to be much better than those in the regular season...there you go.

I would take any of the four players mentioned (Wilfork, McGinest, Seymour, or Law) ahead of him in some hypothetical draft without hesitation. All of those players were talented, unselfish, did their job exquisitely well, then expanded on that to get to the eye-popping plays. They also had a habit of raising their game in the postseason (Wilfork being the possible exception here) and against elite competition across from them.
It didn't have to be either or. :coffee:

AZ paid him $22,000,000.00 to play for them in 2017.
You may want to rethink some of the bs you're spewing or at least show your work that balances your spending with the cap.
In the meanwhile, surrender your checkbook. :coffee:

You may want to rethink some of the bs you're spewing or at least show your work that balances your spending with the cap.
Don't you know? The cap is just a math trick, or old math if you will. It doesn't really exist and even if it did it could be manipulated with impunity. The cap is just what losing teams use as an excuse. Get with the times, man. I can't be broke, I still have checks.

Yes it does, because
(checks calendar)
Right. It's not the 1990s.
This. Once again, you descend into total nonsense when you run up against the great mystery that is The Salary Cap.

Yes it does, because
(checks calendar)
Right. It's not the 1990s.

This. Once again, you descend into total nonsense when you run up against the great mystery that is The Salary Cap.
That darn cap yet we managed to pay Wilfork, McGinest, Law but we just couldn't pay Jones.
Nonsense.

That darn cap yet we managed to pay Wilfork, McGinest, Law but we just couldn't pay Jones.
Nonsense.

Maybe Belichick realized Jones wouldn't be a big of an impact when it mattered most and decided to use the money elsewhere? Wild thought, I know, since BB is so incompetent.

Don't you know? The cap is just a math trick, or old math if you will. It doesn't really exist and even if it did it could be manipulated with impunity. The cap is just what losing teams use as an excuse. Get with the times, man. I can't be broke, I still have checks.
That was Felger's line 20 years ago when I used to listen to him. "I don't believe in the cap. It's just a lot of nonsense. Teams can do whatever they want to get around it. They paid xxx for that guy, and now you tell me they can't pay yyy for this guy?"

He (and his acolytes) refuse to believe you cannot spend all the money you want. No concept that future cap is a charge card and it will come due. There have been other teams in cap hell before, and the Pats were last year and to a large degree the year before. The difference was BB took the hit and didn't continue to borrow. He cleared the dead money and had a ton to spend two years after that.

Last edited:
That was Felger's line 20 years ago when I used to listen to him. "I don't believe in the cap. It's just a lot of nonsense. Teams can do whatever they want to get around it. They paid xxx for that guy, and now you tell me they can't pay yyy for this guy?"

He (and his acolytes) refuse to believe you cannot spend all the money you want. No concept that future cap is a charge card and it will come do. There have been other teams in cap hell before, and the Pats were last year and to a large degree the year before. The difference was BB took the hit and didn't continue to borrow. He cleared the dead money and had a ton to spend two years after that.

It amazes me how many people think the cap is nothing.

He (and his acolytes) refuse to believe you cannot spend all the money you want. No concept that future cap is a charge card and it will come do. There have been other teams in cap hell before, and the Pats were last year and to a large degree the year before. The difference was BB took the hit and didn't continue to borrow. He cleared the dead money and had a ton to spend two years after that.
Are we also 'sposed to kneel before his acolytes?

Back