Looking at the Patriots - 2021

Agreed but these were "Pats fans". Anyway, back to the topic. Jones is going to be a good addition for us.
I don't read the Pats official message board, but this is the first I ever heard ANYONE EVER wanting Cassel ove Brady, never mind that many did. I remember many wanting Bledsoe over Brady several times back in 2001, questions about JimmyG vs TFB after the 2014 Chiefs game, and a lot of people wanted JimmyG over Tom when Jimmy was about to become a FA, but that was back when Tom was tending to mail it in during the off-season. That talk lit a fire under Brady's ass (as did drafting Jimmy in the first place) and he (Tom) turned it around quickly and became the old TFB for a couple more years. I think the final disenchantment for Tom was the emphasis on the running game starting in late 2017 and certainly 2018. Plus, though he is now fully rejuvenated, remember his last two playoff games for the Pats he didn't do all that well (for BRady, anyway) scoring only one passing TD in each of the last two (hard to credit the QB for winning a game when the defense holds the opponent to 3 points). Kind of a return to 2001 for him when he did about the same.

But never Cassel. Maybe some of the people posting on the Pats official message board are actually trolls, not Pats fans? It happens all the time, even here. Cool-Aid comes immediately to mind. Plus some others... :coffee:

People in New England especially the coaching staff have been wanting to prematurely move on from Brady for a very long long time.

What a huge indictment on BBs career that the greatest TE of all time literally retired rather than play for him and he forced out the greatest QB of all time because of his ego and an inability to draft.

For the life of me I do not remotely understand the Belichick love on this forum. The calls for 10, 12 wins……….

It’s not there in the future either. The secondary is about to be decimated next offseason.

I’d give anything to have Brady and Gronk back and eyeing another super bowl appearance.

People in New England especially the coaching staff have been wanting to prematurely move on from Brady for a very long long time.

What a huge indictment on BBs career that the greatest TE of all time literally retired rather than play for him and he forced out the greatest QB of all time because of his ego and an inability to draft.

For the life of me I do not remotely understand the Belichick love on this forum. The calls for 10, 12 wins……….

It’s not there in the future either. The secondary is about to be decimated next offseason.

I’d give anything to have Brady and Gronk back and eyeing another super bowl appearance.

Sometimes people just get tired of dealing with some people. Both Gronk and Brady became too high maintenance for Belichick, imo. It wasn't fun when it became more about personalities than football and when that happened their relationships crumbled. That goes for all of them. It was time for the split and, in the end, Kraft realized it was best even though it hurt him.

I’m sorry I’m not trying to derail the thread with the same rant. Sometimes I just can’t help myself and I regret it cause I know y’all have all heard it.

I’d like to point out though that Godwin was a third round pick in 2017.

Sometimes people just get tired of dealing with some people. Both Gronk and Brady became too high maintenance for Belichick, imo. It wasn't fun when it became more about personalities than football and when that happened their relationships crumbled. That goes for all of them. It was time for the split and, in the end, Kraft realized it was best even though it hurt him.
It was time to turn the page. BB wanted to turn the page with JimmyG, but, Babooshka put his authoritah down at the time. That and TB12 pulled greatness out of his ass for a few moar years. So, it worked out well.

Thank you. That's about as accurate and succinct as one can get. I'd also add this: despite what some here and in the media contend, Belichick actually did bend in letting Alex Guerrero set up an office inside Gillette and treat multiple players. But, when Alex began telling players to disregard advice and treatment from the team's trainers, Bill finally balked and made him move out, into Patriot Place I believe. Anyway, Brady and Gronk admitted they were tired of hard coaching, they both grew tired of BB and vice versa. It was just time for it to end.

You really have no idea what the Patriots have had to deal with over the past two years, do you?
Why do you keep insisting on posting anti-BB posts that aren’t grounded in reality?

It’s beyond tiring at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The New England Patriots hosted a handful of free agents for workouts Tuesday, including quarterback Anthony Gordon.

Gordon was a prolific passer at Washington State, throwing for 5,579 yards and 48 touchdowns as a senior in 2019. He went undrafted in the 2020 NFL Draft and has spent time with the Seattle Seahawks and Kansas City Chiefs, though only during the offseason and preseason. The Chiefs waived him Aug. 23.

The Patriots currently have quarterbacks Mac Jones and Brian Hoyer on their 53-man roster, Garrett Gilbert on their practice squad and Jarrett Stidham on the physically unable to perform list. Stidham is eligible to return in Week 7.

Also taking free agent workouts with the Patriots on Tuesday were wide receivers Javon Wims and Jaylen Smith and defensive backs Kentrell Brice, Shakur Brown and Grant Haley.

Wims caught 28 passes on 56 targets for 266 yards and two touchdowns over three seasons with the Chicago Bears, with a career-best 18-186-1 line in 2019.

Brice appeared in 36 games for the Green Bay Packers but has not played a regular-season snap since 2018. Haley played 25 games for the New York Giants before making a one-game cameo with the New Orleans Saints last season.

Smith and Haley have yet to appear in regular-season NFL games.
I starting to think Stidham's time as a Patriot is coming to an end,,,,
Mac's play has demonstrated how it's supposed to be done and Stid never did in multiple tries.

I could be wrong tho,,

No, you do not know any such thing. You do not know why Gronk retired. All you know is that he retired. The rest you made up to support your agenda. Ditto you don't know that Brady was forced out. All you know is that he left. You are not privy to why.
For the life of me I do not remotely understand
That is abundanly clear.

I starting to think Stidham's time as a Patriot is coming to an end,,,,
Mac's play has demonstrated how it's supposed to be done and Stid never did in multiple tries.

I could be wrong tho,,
Damn, I really like Stidham. Perhaps, maybe, hopefully...stidham is about to go on IR and thus the hunt for a QB.

Either way, cut or IRed, the type of QBs in question are all developmental guys, not potential backups for 2021. This IMO solidifies Hoyer as the backup to Jones and the guy who will toss passes should Jones get hurt. Maybe we can all chip in and buy Jones a few TB12 pliability sessions with Alex Guerreo.

Damn, I really like Stidham. Perhaps, maybe, hopefully...stidham is about to go on IR and thus the hunt for a QB.

Either way, cut or IRed, the type of QBs in question are all developmental guys, not potential backups for 2021. This IMO solidifies Hoyer as the backup to Jones and the guy who will toss passes should Jones get hurt. Maybe we can all chip in and buy Jones a few TB12 pliability sessions with Alex Guerreo.
I also like.Stidham, if only because we've never really had a sustained opportunity to see what he can do. I mean, Mac is obviously the guy, but Stidham might prove to be an ok back-up. Hopefully, we'll see one way or the other.

Brady, fine. He didn't want to come back here, but fine.
Gronkowsku? No. He showed his true colors. I can live without quitters on my team. Be a man. Demand a trade. He went about it the pussiest way possible. As someone who was paid at the top of the market for most of his career, no less.

Thank you. That's about as accurate and succinct as one can get. I'd also add this: despite what some here and in the media contend, Belichick actually did bend in letting Alex Guerrero set up an office inside Gillette and treat multiple players. But, when Alex began telling players to disregard advice and treatment from the team's trainers, Bill finally balked and made him move out, into Patriot Place I believe. Anyway, Brady and Gronk admitted they were tired of hard coaching, they both grew tired of BB and vice versa. It was just time for it to end.

You mean Bill listened to the team doctors who were professionally medically trained with years of med school and peer review papers rather than a con man practising discredited Chinese medicines and believing that a drink can cure concussion? I mean who does Bill think he is??? What an arrogant git.

You mean Bill listened to the team doctors who were professionally medically trained with years of med school and peer review papers rather than a con man practising discredited Chinese medicines and believing that a drink can cure concussion? I mean who does Bill think he is??? What an arrogant git.
Thanks for at least temporarily curing my early morning blahs. Hilariously spot-on! And, in the interest of full-disclosure, that's precisely how I felt about Dr. Quack even when I still loved Tompa Boy.

Back