Looking at the Patriots - 2021

Bill Belichick had some serious praise for Damien Harris this morning, saying he's earned "a ton of respect" from Patriots coaches and teammates. "You get it from day-after-day, consistent performance and dedication, and he’s the poster boy for that."

Lots of Richard Seymour talk at Bill Belichick's press conference today. Says "He was certainly the most disruptive player. (in the early 2000's) That's why he'll be in the Patriots Hall of Fame (tomorrow), and probably eventually the (Pro Football) Hall of Famer, hopefully this year."
So what trait made Seymour so special? Bill Belichick: "Everything."

Then BB listed the starters on the 2001 punt return team straight from memory. Just another Friday presser.
Good to hear and I kind feel bad for the kid because he runs hard and clearly wants to do the right thing. He made one mistake with that fumble vs Miami and yes, the "fumble" in Houston even though it was a TD.

So, good for him for getting a little push publicly. Hopefully, some other guys can get the justification for such public compliments from BB here soon.

Bourne is becoming a form local favourite of fans in the Foxboro area. Just little acts of good natured kindness

Even Bill saying his energy and good nature are infectious.

Even Bill Belichick beams at the thought of his third wide receiver.

“Yeah, he brings that (energy) out to the practice field every day,” Belichick said last week, sporting a growing grin. “It’s fun to have that type of personality and energy interjected into the team.”

Absolutely. Then Vince. I don't want to hear from other people's fanbases on how these guys aren't deserving. Were they in comas the last 20 years? You had the 2 premier 3-4 players, arguably ever at their positions.

I'd take Lawrence Taylor at OLB and Charles Haley on the weakside. I'd have to think about my other DE on the weakside for the 3-4. I guess it'd be Reggie White.

Bourne is becoming a form local favourite of fans in the Foxboro area. Just little acts of good natured kindness

Even Bill saying his energy and good nature are infectious.

love this!
he is the kind of player i want on the pats. when you have good chatacter guys, it helps team chemistry and playing for each other and performing in crunch time. i watch how the team interacts with each other almost as much as i watch for their abilities.

It seems like it's taking longer for this team to gel this year. Is the brain drain finally catching up with the Patriots and BB?
Here are the coaching and FO changes just since 2019.

Personnel-Movements.png

Mike Reiss goes out of character to point out the players who are underachieving so far this year.
No, it's not like Mike but their play has been so poor he had to say something. You know it's bad when this happens.
He came close to calling out Hightower and KVN but found another way to say it without saying it.

Mike Reiss goes out of character to point out the players who are underachieving so far this year.
No, it's not like Mike but their play has been so poor he had to say something. You know it's bad when this happens.
He came close to calling out Hightower and KVN but found another way to say it without saying it.

high has been a talking point, but i've been almost more disappointed in van noy. it seems like he's lost speed.

Flores only spent 1 year as a DC. He wasn't ready and I don't get why he was all cocky acting like he arrived during a pandemic or when he gets very luck in a win like in Week 1.

Throw in Grier's kid and it's two people in over their heads while patting themselves on the back.

The self promotion then reaches the media. I remember Bart Scott before the season started claiming they had "loads of talent" and would finish above the Patriots. Laughable. They have a QB they don't believe in who they drafted in the top 10 with a Wonderlic score of 13 who is injury prone and they spent 237 million in one FA period, an all time FA spending record, while overpaying every overrated player by 4 million per year. Heck, the Byron Jones overpayment gave Xavien Howard leverage to now be overpaid himself.

It's Ross, but it's also that kind of hubris from Grier and Flores that will sink a franchise. A lot of these teams do a lot of reading of their own press clippings, simply because the media wants to bash BB so bad for clicks.

Then you watch the games and what the media says, really isn't very accurate.

The Dolphins clearly have much more talent than the Patriots. I was edumacated on this in the preseason.

One thing that concerns me is the secondary. They're not great and with injuries and lack of top talent, they are liable to be gashed if the front 7 are unable to win the battle on the LOS and pressure the QB. That's the biggest concern when we will go up against Herbert next week.

One thing that concerns me is the secondary. They're not great and with injuries and lack of top talent, they are liable to be gashed if the front 7 are unable to win the battle on the LOS and pressure the QB. That's the biggest concern when we will go up against Herbert next week.
I thought Bryant filled in for Jones ok today and Williams certainly responded from his benching.

I am still trying to figure out this "abdomen" injury. Now McCourty has this mystery ailment that I simply don't recall seeing 10 years ago. "Abdomen"> What is it? An invisible boogie man comes by and slugs the player in the stomach?

"Calf"

"Abdomen"

What on earth is the matter with these football players today?

Back