Looking at the Patriots - 2021

I thought Bryant filled in for Jones ok today and Williams certainly responded from his benching.

I am still trying to figure out this "abdomen" injury. Now McCourty has this mystery ailment that I simply don't recall seeing 10 years ago. "Abdomen"> What is it? An invisible boogie man comes by and slugs the player in the stomach?

"Calf"

"Abdomen"

What on earth is the matter with these football players today?
It's the current version of Brady's weekly, 15 year shoulder injury on the weekly injury report. Nothing to do with today's players.

It's the current version of Brady's weekly, 15 year shoulder injury on the weekly injury report. Nothing to do with today's players.
Brady's injury to his shoulder was just BB mocking the injury report and Brady being the QB with some soreness after the game. McCourty left the game and I believe Mason did too, with the exact same issue. I don't see it as the same thing.

It's a new injury for me. I don't recall seeing "abdomen" ever before. We have 3 players now who take themselves out of games with the "abdomen injury". "Calf" I've seen in recent years, but that is new, too. When Wilfork went down with his Achilles back in 2013, I remember thinking how he'd never come back. He did and it's just strange. I am starting to wonder if there is some new strain of HGH or some kind of enhancer similar to that isn't illegal yet, that players are using which is leading to these kinds of odd injuries.

Prior to 2014, I am convinced every player used HGH to rehab faster which is why a guy who blew out an ACL one season could come back and act like nothing happened the next season. But, I wonder what kind of long term damage that causes over time with consistent use, too.

Brady's injury to his shoulder was just BB mocking the injury report and Brady being the QB with some soreness after the game. McCourty left the game and I believe Mason did too, with the exact same issue. I don't see it as the same thing.

It's a new injury for me. I don't recall seeing "abdomen" ever before. We have 3 players now who take themselves out of games with the "abdomen injury". "Calf" I've seen in recent years, but that is new, too. When Wilfork went down with his Achilles back in 2013, I remember thinking how he'd never come back. He did and it's just strange. I am starting to wonder if there is some new strain of HGH or some kind of enhancer similar to that isn't illegal yet, that players are using which is leading to these kinds of odd injuries.

Prior to 2014, I am convinced every player used HGH to rehab faster which is why a guy who blew out an ACL one season could come back and act like nothing happened the next season. But, I wonder what kind of long term damage that causes over time with consistent use, too.
I should have been clearer. This IS Bill's new vehicle for mocking the injury rrport.

To the point of guys missing games and time?

I don't want to speak for him but I think he's trying to explain to you that injuries are being pooled in to one injury name. Maybe McCorvey had a rib injury or maybe he had a wrist injury. In order to keep things opaque, Belichick simply reports them as and abdominal pull or strain.

I don't want to speak for him but I think he's trying to explain to you that injuries are being pooled in to one injury name. Maybe McCorvey had a rib injury or maybe he had a wrist injury. In order to keep things opaque, Belichick simply reports them as and abdominal pull or strain.
So you think there is an injury for sure, like in hockey, where they say "upper body injury" where everyone knows that means concussion and BB is making up some general body area just for fun and removing talented players from playing?

Trent Brown has been milking this "calf" thing for 7 weeks. Is it a pulled muscle? What is it? No one can explain it. I just think it's weird. The abdomen one is super weird.

How do you strain a calf and miss 7 weeks as an OL? How do you have a hurt stomach? Is it a contusion from the helmet into the stomach area?

So you think there is an injury for sure, like in hockey, where they say "upper body injury" where everyone knows that means concussion and BB is making up some general body area just for fun and removing talented players from playing?

Trent Brown has been milking this "calf" thing for 7 weeks. Is it a pulled muscle? What is it? No one can explain it. I just think it's weird. The abdomen one is super weird.

How do you strain a calf and miss 7 weeks as an OL? How do you have a hurt stomach? Is it a contusion from the helmet into the stomach area?

You ranted about two things above:

1- YES. I think BB fucks with the league sometimes. This year might be stomach aches. Maybe they are real. Who TF knows?

2- I wonder about Brown too. That said, BB can't FORCE him to play if he says he is hurt. Also, he could be hurt, still. Or, and stay with me here, BB knowing his calf history and also knowing we need him....maybe in the playoffs... is slow walking him back. It was the fucking Jets and the AFC is wide ope for a playoff spots.

But WTF do I know. I coach hockey.:shrug-n:

It was a great win. Enjoy it. :beer:

You ranted about two things above:

1- YES. I think BB fucks with the league sometimes. This year might be stomach aches. Maybe they are real. Who TF knows?

2- I wonder about Brown too. That said, BB can't FORCE him to play if he says he is hurt. Also, he could be hurt, still. Or, and stay with me here, BB knowing his calf history and also knowing we need him....maybe in the playoffs... is slow walking him back. It was the fucking Jets and the AFC is wide ope for a playoff spots.

But WTF do I know. I coach hockey.:shrug-n:

It was a great win. Enjoy it. :beer:
Ranted? Strange.

I am just asking the question. No one can seem to answer them and that's fine. It's a mystery. We may be the only team in the league with multiple players removed from playing with this "abdomen".

"Calf" has been a thing over the last 10 years, but that is definitely newish in league history.

Great win indeed. Some hiccups in there, but it's their second best 60 minute game behind the TB game. They didn't play down to the Jets, which obviously couldn't happen.

Ranted? Strange.

I am just asking the question. No one can seem to answer them and that's fine. It's a mystery. We may be the only team in the league with multiple players removed from playing with this "abdomen".

"Calf" has been a thing over the last 10 years, but that is definitely newish in league history.

Great win indeed. Some hiccups in there, but it's their second best 60 minute game behind the TB game. They didn't play down to the Jets, which obviously couldn't happen.
Ranted? Okay, maybe a bit strong, sorry. But dude, you are a very aggressive... Expect it back from a few of us until you figure this place out. Hint: You haven't yet but I sense you are starting to. Cool.

You know BB is playing the long game. I know you know. Brown is a unique talent but with a checkered history of injuries. Belichick is playing the odds early in the year to make sure if they can claw their way to a playoff spot he's available. This is just my opinion. Because otherwise I can't figure out what he's doing out all these weeks with the calf strain either. I understand you questioning this.

The abdominal injuries are just Belichick telling league to fuck off. Much like Brady's shoulder every week how the hell are they going to disprove it?

Coming out of next weekend in 2019 our Defense was calling themselves the boogie men and we were 8-0. Let's not put any team into the SB yet, we are less than half way into the season.

the playoffs are at the bottom of those final standings too.

I keep hearing the Patriots described as "not very good anymore." And I get it, that's from the perspective of the last couple of decades. But for the 2021 Patriots, I think it would be better to describe them (at least the September/October variant) as "not very good YET."

Pretty crappy news.

When you lose the best at any position, it's a blow. He's also a FA which sucks because he may be done here unless this injury sort of buries his FA status, which would actually be a blessing in that way.

Coming out of next weekend in 2019 our Defense was calling themselves the boogie men and we were 8-0. Let's not put any team into the SB yet, we are less than half way into the season.

the playoffs are at the bottom of those final standings too.
The defense was great that year. The offense just wouldn't do their part all year and we know why.

Pretty crappy news.

Awful news. Obviously BB has known this for a while which is why he's been working out so many CBs in the last 10 days.
Maybe a trade? Our cap is only $4M.
For now, Jalen Mills will have to play CB even though he's more of a S in our scheme.
JoeJuan Williams was decent yesterday but still shaky.
Justin Bethel.
Shaun Wade.
Myles Bryant...

So we have JCJackson and a bunch of depth players. Ouch

No need to discuss Gilmore since he wouldn't be playing anyway.

Last edited:
Awful news. Obviously BB has known this for a while which is why he's been working out so many CBs in the last 10 days.
Maybe a trade? Our cap is only $4M.
For now, Jalen Mills will have to play CB even though he's more of a S in our scheme.
JoeJuan Williams was decent yesterday but still shaky.
Justin Bethel.
Shaun Wade.
Myles Bryant...

So we have JCJackson and a bunch of depth players. Ouch

No need to discuss Gilmore since he wouldn't be playing anyway.
Shaun Wade is just lurking and waiting to be awesome. And he should be better as a slot corner vs outside. What's the deal with his concussion?
I wasn't impressed with Bryant in preseason, but he looked basically okay yesterday.

Back