Looking at the Patriots - 2021

Is it only on NFLN? Can that be streamed?
Yes and no. Goodell has fukked us. This is WHY people steal streams. Unless you get NFLN, you cannot watch without stealing a stream.

i finally found the flaws in mac and judon. they hate pie and mac and cheese, respectively.
it's a dark day for pats nation. 😪

I agree with Judon on the mac and cheese thing. Most of them are generic and then same thing.

I don't get why, if you have mashed potatoes, stuffing, and possibly some rolls flying around, why you'd triple down on another carb? And, the other thing is, cheese doesn't go with turkey dinner. It's completely bizarre.

Mac and Cheese goes with bbq ok, but really, it's an Italian dish that, if made really well with nice cheeses, can be a meal on its own. It belongs nowhere near a Thanksgiving Day table.

This seems to be a Southern thing, too, where I'd love to know the origins of it. Did a bunch of Italian immigrants swarm to the Appalachians after the Civil War and introduce it to Thanksgiving tables in the South? What is it?

Edit: It was actually imported from Canada via Great Britain. Did not know this. Also, Thomas Jefferson may have been the one to introduce it into the South according to Wikipedia. It still doesn't explain how it became an additional dish on top of mashed potatoes and stuffing, though.

Last edited:
1. "Mémère " is the french term used most around here to refer to Grandma. "Pépère" is the Grandpa term. So cool to see it used :)
2. That recipe for the meat stuffing looks so much like our recipe for meat pies up here. We use beef, pork, and whatever wild game we have in the freezer - last couple of years was moose meat.

I'm sure Muse can chime in on this as well as she's very familiar with the acadian cuisine and terms up this way ;)

If you are in the Boston DMA, the game will also be on WBZ channel 4.

1. "Mémère " is the french term used most around here to refer to Grandma. "Pépère" is the Grandpa term. So cool to see it used :)
2. That recipe for the meat stuffing looks so much like our recipe for meat pies up here. We use beef, pork, and whatever wild game we have in the freezer - last couple of years was moose meat.

I'm sure Muse can chime in on this as well as she's very familiar with the acadian cuisine and terms up this way ;)
There is a french influence in Maine?

There is a french influence in Maine?

Ah, YES!

I am from Northern Maine, just across the border from Canada. I have a bunch of relatives who live there.

I grew up with calling my mom and dad's parents, Memere and Pepere. If I ever become a grandmother that is the term I want to be called by.

My first language is French as it is in in the county I am from.

Aroostook County is French country, I have relatives who only speaks French like my Pepere Gervais did. But he understood me in English to have a conversation with.

'
French cuisine and culture is big and it is how we identify ourselves if you are from The County. I am French descent on both sides of my family. One side from Canada the other from France.

I am a proud Acadian and wave the Acadian flag down here in the South.

@MaineMimi actually lives maybe 10 miles from where I grew up. 💕💕💕

I miss fiddleheads, boudin(sp), and couton, foods I was raised on and you just can not find down here. Oh, and ployes I miss ployes. Every year I get some from back home or from a relative since you can not find buckwheat in my area. Ugh. I miss home food.

I miss being around my culture and people who get me when it comes to being French and being from Northern Maine. :(

Sorry for digressing.

Last edited:
That smile actually made me gasp. #LoveIt

Ah, YES!

I am from Northern Maine, just across the border from Canada. I have a bunch of relatives who live there.

I grew up with calling my mom and dad's parents, Memere and Pepere. If I ever become a grandmother that is the term I want to be called by.

Aroostook County is French country, I have relatives who only speaks French like my Pepere Gervais did. But he understood me in English to have a conversation with.

'
French cuisne and culture is big and it is how we identify ourselves if you are from The County. I am French descent on both sides of my family.

I miss fiddleheads, boudin(sp), and couton, foods I was raised on and you just can not find down here. Oh, and ployes I miss ployes. Every year I get some from back home or from a relative since you can not find buckwheat in my area. Ugh. I miss home food.

I miss being around my culture.
That's pretty cool. My dad's mom is from Quebec, as I am sure a lot of New Englanders have this connection. I took 6 years of French was French Honor Society in high school but haven't used it in 25 years, so I can probably only read it, speak a little or barely enough to get by if I went to France now.

French food is the best, IMO.

That's pretty cool. My dad's mom is from Quebec, as I am sure a lot of New Englanders have this connection. I took 6 years of French was French Honor Society in high school but haven't used it in 25 years, so I can probably only read it, speak a little or barely enough to get by if I went to France now.

In my Freshman year, our French club went to France and my mom came with me. Our teacher who actually lived across the border in Canada was our guardian so to speak as well as my mom. It was amazing. If we had had more time we would have looked up some of our relatives who are still living there.

I agree about the food. :)

I am from Quebec, Montreal area, I moved here in 1992 to marry my wife. My daughter did the same as you french all through school and honor society. I also love french food and miss my Montreal foods

Ah, YES!

'
French cuisine and culture is big and it is how we identify ourselves if you are from The County. I am French descent on both sides of my family. One side from Canada the other from France.

I miss being around my culture and people who get me when it comes to being French and being from Northern Maine. :(

Sorry for digressing.
Interesting story! I grew up in Northern Montana. 45 -50 miles from Canada (Eh?).

I bet Maine is nice in the winter... :coffee:

I prefer the winter than hotter than hell South. LOLOL

Seriously, it's true.

That is pretty cool BSF
I have many relatives in Canada too. I never met most of them. We all emigrated from Germany when the holocaust BS happened.

The extreme seasons are funky.

Back