Looking at the Patriots - 2021

There is a french influence in Maine?
Yep, especially in my little corner. We live right across the Canadian border in Northwestern part of Maine - the towns in Northern New Brunswick are predominantly French speaking. I grew up in the small city of Edmundston, New Brunswick. Went to all French schools through college. Met my husband and immigrated over a bridge 2 minutes to the west - literally. I stand on my front porch and can see my sisters house in Canada.

Just saw how far back my original post was so this is looking kinda outta place. Sorry for replying so late. Gotta love working/holidays/family! Carry on! ;)

Last edited:
There is a french influence in Maine?

On my moms side her entire family speaks French and when I was growing up there there was a huge French/Canadian influence in Maine. I can’t speak a word of it and neither can my brother, when she’s talking to her sisters they speak French just to annoy us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to believe it's not just lip service and bodes well for his next deal.

I kinda get this vibe with him and I hope it means he's not going to pull a Butler, where he appreciates where he came from and how his environment has helped him as a player and a person, because he's right. Not all teams provide such an environment for a player to mature. It's a big deal. The reason why he went undrafted is he got into trouble in college and it stained his draft stock (A series of life-threatening events didn’t halt J.C. Jackson’s NFL dreams).

He gets credit for seemingly rebound and put his play and character to the test, which he's done.

A player like this needs to have a good agent who is looking out for not only a good contract, but what makes sense for his client. It sounds like to me Jackson understands he may not have developed into the player he's become if he was somewhere else, and I think that is true as well. He'd be yet another of the incredible BB UDFA finds through the years, but this time we get to keep that player.

I would imagine as long as the guaranteed money is in the elite ballpark, he'll be ok with it, where it doesn't need to be 17 million per year like Xavien Howard. You know, 4 years at about 13-14 mil per on average, but no more. Preferably it would come in a little less, but I don't know if that can happen. 50 mil, 4 years, 30 mil guaranteed. Something like that. Front load it so you can get it out of the way early in the 2022 spike of the cap.

Otherwise, they'll tag him for 1 year take the bloated 1 year hit with the cap spike and he's gone in 2023.

Yep, especially in my little corner. We live right across the Canadian border in Northwestern part of Maine - the towns in Northern New Brunswick are predominantly French speaking. I grew up in the small city of Edmundston, New Brunswick. Went to all French schools through college. Met my husband and immigrated over a bridge 2 minutes to the west - literally. I stand on my front porch and can see my sisters house in Canada.

Just saw how far back my original post was so this is looking kinda outta place. Sorry for replying so late. Gotta love working/holidays/family! Carry on! ;)
In spite of Canada's covid shutdown, could you walk over and say hi to your sister?

Cheers, BostonTim

In spite of Canada's covid shutdown, could you walk over and say hi to your sister?

Cheers, BostonTim
In a pre covid world, I was there at least once a week, sometimes more. I'm a dual citizen however, living here, the Canadian Gov't requires that all US visitors be fully vaccinated PLUS have a negative covid test done within 72 hours of showing up at the border - and I have to pay for that Covid test outta my pocket to the tune of 188 bucks per test (PCR Test) not the rapid test. We did cross back in October and I got to see my Mom, sisters, and some nephews (who I hadn't seen in a year) however, I was unable to see my Dad who was on lockdown - he's in a home (with Alzheimers) and they weren't allowing any of the residents out or any visitation from family.

Good News: Starting Nov. 30th, fully vaccinated Canadians coming into the US for less that 72 hour trips need only their passport and proof of vaccination so my usual HUGE Christmas dinner will once again be the event of the season with all my sisters, their families and most importantly my parents

In a pre covid world, I was there at least once a week, sometimes more. I'm a dual citizen however, living here, the Canadian Gov't requires that all US visitors be fully vaccinated PLUS have a negative covid test done within 72 hours of showing up at the border - and I have to pay for that Covid test outta my pocket to the tune of 188 bucks per test (PCR Test) not the rapid test. We did cross back in October and I got to see my Mom, sisters, and some nephews (who I hadn't seen in a year) however, I was unable to see my Dad who was on lockdown - he's in a home (with Alzheimers) and they weren't allowing any of the residents out or any visitation from family.

Good News: Starting Nov. 30th, fully vaccinated Canadians coming into the US for less that 72 hour trips need only their passport and proof of vaccination so my usual HUGE Christmas dinner will once again be the event of the season with all my sisters, their families and most importantly my parents
Yeah I haven't been home since 2019 and my mom is now 91 so I am hoping to get there.

That's gotta be tough. My dad passed away on 1.8.20, 1 day before his 78th birthday after a horrible 10 year battle with Alzheimer's. Ripped our family up. We felt blessed and relief when he passed, but I cannot imagine having to deal with it during this time with Covid and the restrictions. Hang in there.

Last edited:

Good one.

And also this, from "A Clockwork Orange."

ACWO_Ludovico.jpg

Back